Login

russian armor

OKW extremly OP, when a new patch will be out?

PAGES (7)down
14 Jan 2015, 22:49 PM
Donator 11

Just remove those damn shreks from volks so US armor can move around.

And shermans HE round is very RNG dependant. Sherman does its job well, but it barelly escapes from shreks before it manages to kill some cheap volks.

Sometimes it feels like T34/76 performs better and it does that without switching HE/AP.

Relic, make US armor a bit durable, I am not historian, but I dont think US tanks were made of paper during WW2.
14 Jan 2015, 22:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ugh i don't even know the point of this thread but guys can we be respectful to others (probably to much to ask).

back on topic :thumb:
14 Jan 2015, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 22:42 PMTNrg

This doesn't tell the true story about balance.

USF's only way to win in team games is to a-move a huge LMG blob and P-47 abuse and jacksons + M8s against equally skilled players. Anything else just doesn't work. But this "strategy" is very effective even vs OKW's late game.

In 1v1, wehrmacht's early and mid-game weakness boosts USF's winrate while long games (USF vs OKW) tend to go into OKW's favor. Soviets do decently vs OKW and can overwhelm Wehr during the early game and gives soviets a good advantage overall.

Yeah, I agree on P-47 rockets do a great job, but it comes in a doctrine with paras which are too expensive and clearly underperforming.
14 Jan 2015, 22:55 PM

But how will COH2 be playable if 100% will be playing as axis?

It is 90% playing as axis right now, if Relic buffs axis we can bury COH2

im going to say this one last time:

check the games in progress... there are hundreds of players playing with a ratio of 1:1
the search time is rather low (when compared to ingame time) and i doubt there are more than 50 players searching at any given time

if relic would reintroduce the number of players searching this would be more obvious to everyone... but then i stated my doubts about axis/allies ratio 10x over and ppl still only take searching players into account

there are more axis players but that 100% means jack shit when theres 1000+ players ingame with a 1:1 ratio and only <50 players searching with 9:1

but yeah 100% players play axis, right...
14 Jan 2015, 22:58 PM

with paras which are too expensive and clearly underperforming.

-_- i dont even...

Someone, meme, please.
14 Jan 2015, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

im going to say this one last time:

check the games in progress... there are hundreds of players playing with a ratio of 1:1
the search time is rather low (when compared to ingame time) and i doubt there are more than 50 players searching at any given time

if relic would reintroduce the number of players searching this would be more obvious to everyone... but then i stated my doubts about axis/allies ratio 10x over and ppl still only take searching players into account

there are more axis players but that 100% means jack shit when theres 1000+ players ingame with a 1:1 ratio and only <50 players searching with 9:1

but yeah 100% players play axis, right...

Just try to use yor brain for a sec: It takes few secs to find a game playing allies and far more time to get a game while axis. Sometimes it takes minutes to find a game as axis. While as allies it never takes more than 10 sec for me.

It is obvious: people play the strongest faction.

And if you want a hard empiric evidence: buff ISU back to its former glory and youll see ratio geting more balanced.

Make US armor more durable and youll see ratio get 50:50. No brainer
14 Jan 2015, 23:13 PM

Just try to use yor brain for a sec: It takes few secs to find a game playing allies and far more time to get a game while axis. Sometimes it takes minutes to find a game as axis. While as allies it never takes more than 10 sec for me.

It is obvious: people play the strongest faction.

And if you want a hard empiric evidence: buff ISU back to its former glory and youll see ratio geting more balanced.

Make US armor more durable and youll see ratio get 50:50. No brainer

you should heed your own advice, thank you.

1 min is nothing when compared to time spent ingame... where the ratio is always 1:1
but i knew a response like this would be posted within minutes of me posting this.

again. there used to be numbers indicating how many players were searching. and they were always very low (since like you mentioned even as axis its only 1 min to find a game most of the time)
if we had them back you could compare the numbers. it would be like 40 players searching axis and 2-5 searching as allies (maybe even double of that). then again check the amount of games being played. its way more players there. with a 1:1 axis/allies ratio.

but then why use reason, if you want to make a point to your liking
14 Jan 2015, 23:15 PM

Dude, pussyking, go play some 1v1 ost and then get back to us. Allies have some weaknesses atm but paras under performing... Wtf?
14 Jan 2015, 23:20 PM

Oh wow another thread were the OP has zero idea what he's talking about.

OKW has so many holes in it you can easily exploit to kick the players ass, I shall list them.

1. OKW has exactly 2 indirect fire units, the worst one in the game, and arguably one of the best and NOTHING ELSE.

2. Zero medium armor, If you know how to crush, and actually support your tanks with infantry, you can very easily annihilate a OKW player by just forcing a retreat and just driving over his infantry at his medi HQ. Late game is really were OKW shines.

3. Lack of counter to scout car spam, yes no fausts means your scout cars are free to roam the map wiping squads while the OKW player prays his first shrek doesn't miss.

4. Lack of counter to AA HT, just keep your HT slightly out of range of their shreks and watch as you keep entire armies at bay! Also bonus points for killing a Puma with you AA HT.

5. Utter lack of counter to Howitzers! Enjoy wiping 3-4 squads per shell as you rain screaming hot death on their HQ's!
14 Jan 2015, 23:52 PM

Write a thread about how Okw is balanced, same shitstorm awaits you.

Nothing is.
14 Jan 2015, 23:57 PM

3-4 squads per shell... Really? The hyperbole on these forums.. Ugh
15 Jan 2015, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 23:57 PMEnkidu
3-4 squads per shell... Really? The hyperbole on these forums.. Ugh

Well tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised if that was true. After all most ppl just move their entire infantry army in one huge blob so wipes like that tend to happen. I love pack howis and infantry support guns vs that kind of playstyle. But they never learn...
15 Jan 2015, 00:24 AM

-_- i dont even...

Someone, meme, please.

oh god that comment on paras thats gonna give me a seizure. Paras are good infantry and don't say im OKW biased please I play alot of allies as well.
15 Jan 2015, 00:30 AM

1. OKW has exactly 2 indirect fire units, the worst one in the game, and arguably one of the best and NOTHING ELSE.

True.

2. Zero medium armor, If you know how to crush, and actually support your tanks with infantry, you can very easily annihilate a OKW player by just forcing a retreat and just driving over his infantry at his medi HQ. Late game is really were OKW shines.

JagdPIV is the best tank destroyer out the earliest. If you're really getting rushed so badly, learn to love it.

3. Lack of counter to scout car spam, yes no fausts means your scout cars are free to roam the map wiping squads while the OKW player prays his first shrek doesn't miss.

Cheap mines and flakht are a better counter than fausts from a platform as fragile as grens if you ask me. M3 is absolutely dead against OKW. Not that snipers really fare much better because it's so easy to just overrun them as OKW.

4. Lack of counter to AA HT, just keep your HT slightly out of range of their shreks and watch as you keep entire armies at bay! Also bonus points for killing a Puma with you AA HT.

If you lose puma or flakht to american flakht you are bad. USF AA HT has no ground attack, just smoke and it can do absolutely nothing to you.

5. Utter lack of counter to Howitzers! Enjoy wiping 3-4 squads per shell as you rain screaming hot death on their HQ's!

Salvage Doctrine
15 Jan 2015, 00:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

The sturmtiger hard counters all form of howitzer :D
15 Jan 2015, 01:31 AM

I sense doom of OKW
15 Jan 2015, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 00:15 AMTNrg

Well tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised if that was true. After all most ppl just move their entire infantry army in one huge blob so wipes like that tend to happen. I love pack howis and infantry support guns vs that kind of playstyle. But they never learn...

Killing 3-4 squads per shell is the kind of thing that gets a ton of thumbs up on the highlight board. It's not the norm.
15 Jan 2015, 01:56 AM

please buff ISG after the doom of OKW
15 Jan 2015, 02:03 AM

almighty cruzz has spoken!!
15 Jan 2015, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 00:30 AMCruzz

True.

JagdPIV is the best tank destroyer out the earliest. If you're really getting rushed so badly, learn to love it.

Cheap mines and flakht are a better counter than fausts from a platform as fragile as grens if you ask me. M3 is absolutely dead against OKW. Not that snipers really fare much better because it's so easy to just overrun them as OKW.

If you lose puma or flakht to american flakht you are bad. USF AA HT has no ground attack, just smoke and it can do absolutely nothing to you.

Salvage Doctrine

Agreed on the JPIV, it's an excellent TD but getting it delays getting any other tanks for quite a long time.

Yes the Flak Trak is the best counter to scout cars, unless ofc you went medic as your starting HQ.

Iv never lost a Puma to a American Flak HT, I'm just pointing out that the Flak HT does have good armor penetration even against a Panzer II.

Overall I think counters exist against OKW, and to the person who thinks 152mm shells can't wipe squads, just force a retreat and target the OKW players HQ, half his squads will be clumped up with the retreat dance bug just waiting for you to save them from their eternal retreat hell.

EDIT: To say nothing of how many squads a B4 can fucking kill lol.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS