Login

russian armor

Company of Blobs, if you only solo, dont read

11 Jan 2015, 21:40 PM

In team games is it now about blobs war. No strategy, no brain, no skill. Simply keep your blob alive. Relic dont like strategy game?

In CoH1 was simply debuff, if you keep soldiers in blob (recieved accuracy). And it is logical, more soldiers in one place = more targets.

You like team game as this **** is now?
11 Jan 2015, 22:02 PM

I totally agree that a blob debuff should be introduced, I am sure relic are creating/already have a plan for it!
11 Jan 2015, 22:09 PM

1v1 is the same way. Flanking and cover isn't as rewarded as in COH1. Blobbing above all else wins. In COH1, I would anticipate flanks and focus my volks. In this game, the other guy moves forward with his huge blob and overwhelms me anyways. Part of this is because fine unit control isn't there and units will always move to pre-designed positions as well.

So it's harder to micro and micro is less rewarded. A+++ game design relic.
11 Jan 2015, 22:18 PM

For allied you have wide range or arty pieces to access.

For Wehrmacht you have a T3 rocket launcher which is very handy for blob control.

For PE not much but you can blob on your own.

I think this game need more powerful blob control(support weapon/arty piece) access for all factions.
11 Jan 2015, 22:22 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

"if you only solo, dont read"

:facepalm:
11 Jan 2015, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

Greyhound canister shot and shermans HE do a great job against blobs, but its a hard counter for soft weapon.

HMG should supress blobs instantly.
11 Jan 2015, 22:36 PM
Donator 11

Problem is neither sherman nor greyhound survive a panzershrek blob
11 Jan 2015, 22:37 PM

The meta forcing you blob to survive, which is fundamentally flawed. sigh

The clown cars forcing you to blob, sticking together or get risked being wiped one squad by another squad.

Ostheer LMG Grens, blob2win, not blobing would lose.

USF Rifles are the same, playing with COH1 Rifles style is NOT rewarding, they are NOT as fast as the old Rifles, and the smoke mechanics forcing them to blob in the smoke to breakthrough suppression instead of flanking, meh.

OKW, well, ofc screckblobing with Obers, unreliable shit AT gun and overpriced JPIV.

Then they introduce anti-blob weapon, but the anti-blob weapon actually skilllessly instant wipe out the singled squad, forcing you to blob at the anti-blob weapon to overcome the anti-blob weapon. Dis logic, sigh.
11 Jan 2015, 22:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Actually speaking of this subject I saw a WW2 Documentary about the Eastern Front and it explicitly described how the Germans blobbed tanks and planes together to overcome thinly-spread Russian anti-tank defenses. They used like 60 tanks at a time all in a blob and just attack moved over the Russians Kappa. I'll try to find the link but it was forever ago that I saw it MVGame :snfBarton:
11 Jan 2015, 22:45 PM

blob supression should work like this - every unit that is supressed also gives a massive supression debuff to every unit in a small area around it, leading to a domino effect that can easily be countered by spreading your units apart, also add recieved accuracy from COH1 and it should be okay.
11 Jan 2015, 22:45 PM

By team games you mean 4v4?

Was it ever different there?
11 Jan 2015, 22:48 PM

What meta are these people dealing with that encourages blobbing? I haven't seen any over the top blobbing in my games.
11 Jan 2015, 22:49 PM
Donator 11

The solution is make different infantry units run at different speed. A squad with a shrek should run slower than a non upgraded squad.

And conscripts hurra ability should be free so they really roam the battlefield like during ww2.
11 Jan 2015, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 21:40 PMAradan

In CoH1 was simply debuff, if you keep soldiers in blob (recieved accuracy). And it is logical, more soldiers in one place = more targets.

One single squad in CoH1 had a negative blobbing modifier, Wehrmacht Pioneers.

All PE units GAINED stats for blobbing together (shared veterancy and with upgrades got stat bonuses as well for every unit nearby)

ALL Brit units GAINED stats for blobbing together near officers (shared veterancy + actual stat bonuses)

11 Jan 2015, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Actually speaking of this subject I saw a WW2 Documentary about the Eastern Front and it explicitly described how the Germans blobbed tanks and planes together to overcome thinly-spread Russian anti-tank defenses. They used like 60 tanks at a time all in a blob and just attack moved over the Russians Kappa. I'll try to find the link but it was forever ago that I saw it MVGame :snfBarton:

Found it MVGame
11 Jan 2015, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned

And conscripts hurra ability should be free so they really roam the battlefield like during ww2.

10 muni is basically "free"
11 Jan 2015, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 22:50 PMCruzz

One single squad in CoH1 had a negative blobbing modifier, Wehrmacht Pioneers.

All PE units GAINED stats for blobbing together (shared veterancy and with upgrades got stat bonuses as well for every unit nearby)

ALL Brit units GAINED stats for blobbing together near officers (shared veterancy + actual stat bonuses)

PE and Brits were always considered broken and overpowered. (because they're made by different people who designed the original factions and the OF factions, they're the same people that went on to develop COH2 :snfBarton: ) But it isn't really 'vCoh' which is just americans and wm. i'm sure you know that, you might've forgotten or something :)
11 Jan 2015, 23:04 PM

PE and Brits were always considered broken and overpowered. (because they're made by different people who designed the original factions and the OF factions, they're the same people that went on to develop COH2 :snfBarton: ) But it isn't really 'vCoh' which is just americans and wm. i'm sure you know that, you might've forgotten or something :)

What if I told you that is not entierly truth? :snfBarton:
I mean, go and check credits for vcoh and OF, your mind might blow up.
A fair share of names appears on both.
11 Jan 2015, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 23:04 PMKatitof

What if I told you that is not truth and you've been lied to? :snfBarton:
I mean, go and check credits for vcoh and OF, your mind might blow up.

company of heroes 1 lead designer designer - josh mosqueria

OF and COH2 - quinn duffy

at least that's what i've been told for a long time by many different people, can you prove me wrong?
11 Jan 2015, 23:11 PM

1. Go check the credits and be amazed. You won't see many differences between CoH and OF, the team changes mostly came with ToV.

2. He said CoH1, not vCoH.

3. None of this matters because like said there were no such modifiers except on Pioneers and even that was implemented because piospam was too much for Brits.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight