Login

russian armor

Dropped weapons

8 Jan 2015, 17:47 PM

I just wonder why only some weapons can be dropped?
LMGs
Schrecks PTRS

But what about Ppsh, FG42, Thompsons, BARs or Pathfinder's Rifle?
Why only LMGs can be dropped?
8 Jan 2015, 17:50 PM

Any American weapon picked up at the racks can be dropped up.

Do you really want every squad to turn into the pinata that is the Guard squad every time they are shot? By increasing the number of dropped weapons you effectively make each unit a yard sale whenever they die.
8 Jan 2015, 17:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Lets make Mosin Nagants, M1 Garands and Kar98s drop-able as well. No-weapon units FTW. :snfBarton:
8 Jan 2015, 18:05 PM
Patrion 28

only certain special weapons can be dropped. specifically ones that the squad is equipped with a limited number of. PPSh is kind of the outlier there.

also, you guys seem to have skipped answering the question and went straight to dick mode.
8 Jan 2015, 18:08 PM

Nobody knows the answer, relic works in misterious ways.

But still, it's yet another dumb mechanic that favors RNG, I'd rather see it either removed completely or make it so that every squad wipe makes them drop weapons, but for the later one all the RNG 1 shots from full hp, full models squads would need to be toned down.
8 Jan 2015, 18:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You forgot flamethrowers.
8 Jan 2015, 18:30 PM

You forgot flamethrowers.

My bad.

Any American weapon picked up at the racks can be dropped up.

Do you really want every squad to turn into the pinata that is the Guard squad every time they are shot? By increasing the number of dropped weapons you effectively make each unit a yard sale whenever they die.

I don't think that BARs can be dropped, at least I never saw anything like that, lmg yest, but bar?

I'm just curious why LMGs and AT weapons can be dropped while SMGs can't be dropped. I think allies players would be happy to pick up FG42, same for axis players when see for example 2 thomppsons from Paras.
Samr for MP44.

Those are very special weapons, they are not mosins etc.
8 Jan 2015, 18:32 PM

General rule used to be "If it can't be used on the move, it drops".

But then WFA came with para LMGs, OPsoldaten and questionable BARs.

I suppose BARs drop only because they did in CoH1 as no other reason comes to mind.
8 Jan 2015, 18:34 PM

Bars can be dropped. The reason why cqc weapons aren't dropped is generally you want to have like at least 4 of them on a squad to really have an impact where as you have 1 shrek or 1 lmg that had a big impact. 1 fg42 isn't going to do much, and neither is 2 ppsh. I don't think I would ever pick up ppshs or Thompson when they fill up weapon slots
8 Jan 2015, 19:02 PM

Why are Guards the only infantry that can drop BOTH its lmg and anti tank rifles, seems a bit unfair.
8 Jan 2015, 19:05 PM

Because its the only infantry with lmgs AND an AT weapon
8 Jan 2015, 19:10 PM

I would pick up FG42 with Cons any time and this would be very noticeable. Same for MP44.
What about G43?
8 Jan 2015, 19:11 PM

Why are Guards the only infantry that can drop BOTH its lmg and anti tank rifles, seems a bit unfair.

Same reason a Rifleman squad can drop both a BAR and Zook...?
8 Jan 2015, 19:26 PM

Because its the only infantry with lmgs AND an AT weapon

I like how you call PTRS an AT weapon. :megusta:
8 Jan 2015, 20:01 PM

I think the drop system is perfect and makes sense. The only unit that needs help is the guard squad. DPs should fill their 2 weapon slots and ptrs rifles shouldn't drop unless the squad wipes. Currently these guys are like a walking yard sale.
8 Jan 2015, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
dropping a ptrs is a huge plus.

let the enemy pick up that piece of shit

give guards a decent dps buff
8 Jan 2015, 21:27 PM

I dunno, ptrs' are pretty decent against light vehicles and I think I'd rather have that little bit of AT than a couple more rifles. There are just some big problems with guards atm. #1 they drop their weapons like crazy meaning trying to chase for a kill shot when the squad is taking damage can be very risky; #2 the aim time on ptrs' kind of sucks; and #3 they seem to spend an inordinate amount of time rolling around and searching for cover (same with the captain etc.) instead of firing their weapons. If you put guards in an m3 they suddenly seem a lot more competent at killing halftracks and what not.
8 Jan 2015, 23:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

PPSH should drop since german soldiers (especially in stalingrad,need a source) loved to pick them up an use them over their MP40s. Otherwise i think everything that should drop is dropping already.
9 Jan 2015, 00:16 AM

LMG's and handheld AT (as well as flamethrowers) are the only weapons that drop as they do not determine unit role, and also are powerful in single quantities. Dropping assault rifles and submachine guns would be stupid. Units wielding them are close-medium range oriented, and they are only effective because the entire squad is outfitted with them. One or two ppsh's/mp40's/grease guns/thompsons dont do much to whatever picks them up (and fucks up the squad that originally had them, and what weapon would those original models have?). Its simply a terrible idea which makes me want to shoot people who like this idea in the leg.

Guards need to spawn with the ability to "throw PTRS into bushes" when outside of the base - so Stavka doesnt execute the Guards for throwing away "precious" shitty equipment.
9 Jan 2015, 01:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guards are piñatas due to them being the only unit that can hold 4 weapons. So, whenever the 3rd guy is killed theres a chance for a weapon to drop. In other cases it goes to either the last 2 guys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★