Login

russian armor

Remove USF Major and OKW Med truck retreat

2 Jan 2015, 22:13 PM

Moreover, we already got leaks that wehr might get FHQ with retreat point, so that leaves only soviets without one in the future.

Why not buff the mighty squad merge? I use it a lot as soviets and I think people forget it exists. I always have a cons squad just to reinforce my support units.

2 Jan 2015, 22:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OKW truck was never portable, instead, they were designed in an even more stupid way.
The trucks need to setup a chain with adjacent strategy points from the HQ, all points generate 66% less than other army, only the chained point give full resources, if the chain is broken or not even chained at all, the deployed points don't generate full resources, this stupidity of design making OKW NEVER able to get "normal" fuel or muni income even in small map like South Langres (but North Langres was fine, making this flaw even more obviously retarded), because the points are 3 points away from HQ.

Of course, unlike the Brits, the truck can't prevent the points being captured, but if it is captured, the truck became useless.

I really doubted my fellow alpha testers really care about the game, 95% of them just messing around in 4v4, and doesn't give a shit to this obvious flaw, some even think there is nothing wrong with this. I complained a lot yet Relic don't give a shit until the very end of alpha.

And the last patch overbuffing the trucks to high speed, heavy crush, high armour unit which able to squad wipe the first Rifles in the first minute, and even bring it to the first release. :facepalm:

Thnx Pory :)
2 Jan 2015, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2015, 22:13 PMRMMLz

Why not buff the mighty squad merge? I use it a lot as soviets and I think people forget it exists. I always have a cons squad just to reinforce my support units.

That... doesn't make any sense what so ever and definitely does not address what was said before.
2 Jan 2015, 23:24 PM

I'd rather they added non-doctrinal forward retreat points to soviets and whermacht instead.

The okw med truck could probably use a little nerf as well. The reinforce range on that thing is rediculous and it probably has a bit too much health. Atleast if you can find the US's forward retreat point it real easy to destroy.
3 Jan 2015, 00:28 AM

I agree with OP.
3 Jan 2015, 00:55 AM
Patrion 14

i also think reinforce mechanic can use true sight mechanic.

for example an ambulance is behind a thick hedgerow. the rifleman shuld not be able to reinforce on the opposite side of the hedge... in my humble opinion.
3 Jan 2015, 03:24 AM
Patrion 28

i also think reinforce mechanic can use true sight mechanic.

for example an ambulance is behind a thick hedgerow. the rifleman shuld not be able to reinforce on the opposite side of the hedge... in my humble opinion.

depending on the situation this can also split the squad and fuck up the pathing.
3 Jan 2015, 12:29 PM

That... doesn't make any sense what so ever and definitely does not address what was said before.

Well, I thought that removing the Retreat Point is unlikely, and Ostheer is getting a doctrinal retreat point (which will cause a lot of problems), the only thing that might give Soviets something to compensate is to buff Conscript merge.
3 Jan 2015, 13:26 PM

Forward retreat point for everyone or for no one
3 Jan 2015, 13:46 PM
Patrion 14

There is much merit in the OPs suggestion. Agreed.
3 Jan 2015, 14:09 PM

I choose that no one gets it.:D
3 Jan 2015, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 14:09 PMsteel
I choose that no one gets it.:D

I was little confused myself in fact ^^

Point is, OKW and USF should not have forward retreat point if Soviets and Ostheer don't have.
Second option is to give Soviets and Ostheer such point with ability to reinforce and heal troops.
3 Jan 2015, 14:36 PM

I was little confused myself in fact ^^

Point is, OKW and USF should not have forward retreat point if Soviets and Ostheer don't have.
Second option is to give Soviets and Ostheer such point with ability to reinforce and heal troops.
I know. I choose the former because like OP said, forward retreat point is causing the constant action and massive micro to avoid nades etc instead of preparing flanks and defenses.
3 Jan 2015, 14:49 PM
Donator 11

There is no real need to remove forward retreat point from the game. Of course OP is right that it is in some way gamebreaking but I belive that the possibility itself makes the game more interesting. All we need is to increase the cost like adding fuel/munition cost for OKW and manpower cost every time the major is set up. This way the decision to purchase forward retreat point will work only with some strategies of OKW (really not many) and the timing will be also important. For US it will make player think where and when he should set up his major and if he wants to move him or not.
3 Jan 2015, 15:09 PM

I also agree that the option is nice and adds a little bit of variety, but it is unfair at times. Especially with the OKW. You manage to get rid of the vet 5 squads (ofc you damage them, not wipe em) only to see them harassing you 20 secs after that. Sure, you can bombard the medic truck with arty, but arty is not always a luxury you have.

3 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM

Not only is it unfair to other factions but it downgrades the gameplay experience. Giving it to everyone would just create even more lame matchups.
3 Jan 2015, 17:15 PM

Not only is it unfair to other factions but it downgrades the gameplay experience. Giving it to everyone would just create even more lame matchups.

I agree, I would remove major and med truck abilities but we all now, Relic won't do such change.
3 Jan 2015, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

As others have rightly said, OKW *is* the problem, not the other factions. It's not as badly designed as Brits but it comes from the same poisoned, discredited school of thought.

OKW could be the coolest, most fun and challenging faction. Instead it's this gimmicky temple to the spam god.
3 Jan 2015, 18:04 PM

If OST and SU ้have frontline retreat point from Halftrack
First OST not want Reforce bunker for now and set medic bunker combo
second SU 3 Girls At HQ standing often :v
3 Jan 2015, 18:32 PM

another great idea never to be heard by the communist regime... (relic)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★