Login

russian armor

[Speculation thread] So what's next Relic?

2 Jan 2015, 11:40 AM

So,
The new year has been and gone.
Ardennes Assault is well and truly out the door.
And CoH2 has racked up another exciting set of hideous balances.

So now it's time start speculating about what balance beasties will be introduced to run the game ragged next, will be introduced next into the game.

My guess -

Italy

Brits vs Germans

Half fascist Italian/Half German force

Weak early game infantry, strong late game fallschirmjagers (think Cassino)
OP armour (because that's what always happens with the Axis) Panzer IIIs with rapid firing 7.5cm shortbarrels, lots of armour. Non-doctrinal Elefants...
Semovente 105s (similar to the StuH

Brits

Indian and Gurkha troops, generally rubbish (as usual with allied troops, whatever the reality)

Strong non-doctrinal artillery

Awesomely powerful Sherman Firefly (or if they really want to mix things up, a Challenger)

As well as the Bren gun carrier to hard counter the Kubelwagen so all allied players have to buy it.

2 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM

I'm not single player lover, but I would like to play Theater of War in Africa.
Desert maps... Dust from tanks tracks... Sounds amazing for me.

As for something new, we will see new WFA commanders with new units - it is certain.

In second half of the year maybe Brits or second Russian army but since there cannot be 3 Allies armies vs 2 Germans, we probably see new Axis faction, maybe mix between Germans and their allies like Finland, Romania or Hungary with early-mid game based on them, while late-game dominated by germans units.
2 Jan 2015, 12:31 PM

2 Jan 2015, 12:41 PM

Nazis from Hitlers lunar base, or just nazi "wonderweapons", jetpacks flying sausers, Wolfenstein stuff, could also bring in some occult stuff from that too.

other faction? Brits probably seems like the obvious next faction, being the other big nation of the allies.
2 Jan 2015, 12:56 PM

Dora/ Schwerer Gustav airdrop :snfCHVGame:
2 Jan 2015, 13:13 PM

I predict only few tiny changes.

Tone down Volk shrek blobs: OKW volks shreck to have 3 min cooldown before next shrek and shreks explode randomly wiping squads. (like flamethrower)

Tiny balance adjustment to late Axis armor meta: T34 needs 3 rounds to take out KT

US don't have much AT late game: Jakson gets 200 mm armor and has free blitz and smoke ability
US At gun has half map range and receives scope that sees through fog of war at vet 1. (vet 1 purchasable for 15 ammo)

Wehrmacht underperforming slight buff: MG42 instant suppress and 200% dmg lethality, firing arc increase to 355 degree radius. PIV buff to armor, speed, damage output and moved to t2. Panther costs less fuel.

That should fix balance
2 Jan 2015, 13:24 PM
Patrion 14

side armor and spread out button for infantry
2 Jan 2015, 13:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

crafting system for war spoils
war effort
rangers as doctrine
command king tiger
esl tourney will be forgotten
new call in system wihtout making soviet tier tanks better
new vet 1 abilities for vcoh2 units
2 Jan 2015, 13:56 PM

I dont think that we will see new Armies in COH 2.
The most likely scenario is:

New TOW
New Campaign (maybe German one)
War Spoil fix (:rofl: you wish)

Sure things are:

New Commanders for all factions (continuing milking cash cow is a must)
New Skins, in general New DLCs

If they go on an African scenario (i would also love that) would be just stupid i think. COH 2 was supposed to be on the eastern front. WF stuff got only released because US players didn't play the game because of the eastern front scenario. They stopped TOW because of that.

Anyway...
2 Jan 2015, 14:28 PM

AA with OKW on the same map maybe?

Brits are sure to come :D

Kursk as a new german campaign (like AA) - "QD once mentioned that Kursk deserves more than a Tow"

@Sandreas; Relic claimed that they want to create the "ultimate WW2" experience.....so I don't think they'll ever add new MP factions for eastern front
2 Jan 2015, 14:38 PM

Permanently Banned

Awesomely powerful Sherman Firefly

Not to be a historical accuracy fanatic or anything but I'm pretty sure those weren't fielded until the Normandy Invasions.
2 Jan 2015, 15:01 PM

Bugfixes, balance, new commanders and an overhaul of old Soviet / Wehrmacht commanders would make me happy.
2 Jan 2015, 15:01 PM

Firefly came during Normandy (Ur right sneaking). However they could end up in game due to the fact that during late '44 Modified shermans (with the US 76 rather than the 17pounder) still served with British, Polish, Canadian Armour division in Italy.
2 Jan 2015, 15:04 PM

Airbourne will have their vet 2 bonus changed for the 5th time and it wont be in the patchnotes :snfPeter:
2 Jan 2015, 15:16 PM

Bugfixes, balance, new commanders and an overhaul of old Soviet / Wehrmacht commanders would make me happy.

this, Su-100 and T-34/85 and DP28 as non-doctrinal, using a 1942 weapon fight against late 1944 German is very boring.

Ostheer needs tier cost reduction(T4), and call-in rework.
2 Jan 2015, 15:27 PM
Donator 33

I wish for a Northern Africa expansion, when the next comes. It was one of few battles/theaters which actually turned around the war.

- Brits with Fireflies and SAS with jeeps of pewpew.
- German foxy troops utilizing mobility, adaptability and salvage galore. With 88's and BIKES!!!
2 Jan 2015, 15:42 PM

The problem with the North Africa suggestion (which would be awesome and I'd totally get behind it) is that you don't have anything to face OKW late game armour as the brits. Imagine your top tier tank being a Matilda (with a glorious 2 pndr gun) having to fight versus KTs...
2 Jan 2015, 15:50 PM

If theyre going to add more factions (which in my opinion is likely going to happen with their next expansion pack) then the brits and maybe an italian-german mixed faction are the obvious choices.

Those factions will probably be seperated from the rest of the armies in automatch though.
2 Jan 2015, 15:52 PM

The problem with the North Africa suggestion (which would be awesome and I'd totally get behind it) is that you don't have anything to face OKW late game armour as the brits. Imagine your top tier tank being a Matilda (with a glorious 2 pndr gun) having to fight versus KTs...

I'd prefer to see a complete Soviet army, with SU-100 T-34/85 as non-doctrinal, and core infantry.

And a German army with jadgpanther, hetzer, Marder, waffentrager, and other late war equipment.The African theater is small and the equipment is too outdated compare to late 1944 themed COH2, I'd like to enjoy a well-equipped allied forces rather than a losing allied vs. winning axis. Right now it's too boring and punishing to play as allied, you are always forced to make hard choices.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★