Login

russian armor

Enf of 2014, Coh2 gaining players

6 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM

What Mobas have that CoH franchise do not, is their player base is huge. Most players begin playing because some of their RL friends play, so they suck up the fact that they are stomped and stick with the game to improve and play with their already decently skilled friends. I see no incentive like this in CoH, except if a bunch of friends pick up the game and keep playing together past the noob level (that would probably happen, but far less often that for games like LoL or Dota2).

I also think the WW2 themed multiplayer market is strongly occupied by WoT, which is quite popular (and as much noob-unfriendly as MOBA games). The community brings new people in a game, not the game itself (well to an extent, if they enjoy the SP content a lot, they'll stick with the game, but as someone mentioned, they'll most probably only play compstomps afterwards).
6 Jan 2015, 10:41 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 10:15 AMSlaYoU
What Mobas have that CoH franchise do not, is their player base is huge. Most players begin playing because some of their RL friends play, so they suck up the fact that they are stomped and stick with the game to improve and play with their already decently skilled friends. I see no incentive like this in CoH, except if a bunch of friends pick up the game and keep playing together past the noob level (that would probably happen, but far less often that for games like LoL or Dota2).

I also think the WW2 themed multiplayer market is strongly occupied by WoT, which is quite popular (and as much noob-unfriendly as MOBA games). The community brings new people in a game, not the game itself (well to an extent, if they enjoy the SP content a lot, they'll stick with the game, but as someone mentioned, they'll most probably only play compstomps afterwards).

That's a very good point you mention there. CoH2 lacks a ladder system that keeps people motivated (similar to the Lvl 20 system in vCoH). The ladder system as it is right now does not provide this.
6 Jan 2015, 11:12 AM
Donator 11

That's a very good point you mention there. CoH2 lacks a ladder system that keeps people motivated (similar to the Lvl 20 system in vCoH). The ladder system as it is right now does not provide this.

Exactly. i have been saying this since release. BUT you know its 2015, we must be EXCITED <DRINK>
6 Jan 2015, 14:13 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 10:15 AMSlaYoU

+1. that's what happened when i got into dota2.

if i hadn't found some ppl to play with online in coh2 after like 2 months, i don't think i would have been playing it until now.
6 Jan 2015, 14:33 PM

.... and the numbers are back down to sub 4000.
6 Jan 2015, 14:43 PM

New guy reporting for duty! Whats my appointed station sir?
6 Jan 2015, 14:47 PM

Well that's good news for SEGA. Even if they stop playing, they have already paid for the game.
6 Jan 2015, 14:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Like I said: less than 2 weeks.

6 Jan 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 14:43 PMFeluci
New guy reporting for duty! Whats my appointed station sir?
Report To Field Marshall AmiPolizeiFunk. You'll find him in Berlin, Private!

:snfCHVGame::snfBarton::snfAmi:
6 Jan 2015, 17:32 PM

LOL. Does this mean I should feel good if over two and a half thousand people have subscribed to one of my maps since I uploaded it on the 19th Dec?

Or bad because it probably won't get much higher than that?
6 Jan 2015, 20:03 PM

Good ... must be a great map!
6 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM

Don't judge the player base from the information on steam charts.

Steam charts only shows the number of players online per hour, it cannot tell you if they're the same players always logging on, also remember timezones, when 6k of EU log off another 3K log on from another part of the planet.
6 Jan 2015, 20:52 PM

On another note this is a great article about how valve implemented some key features which made cs:go an esports success and the same formula was applied to dota 2 aswell.

How CS:GO turned itself around
6 Jan 2015, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2015, 20:52 PMwuff
On another note this is a great article about how valve implemented some key features which made cs:go an esports success and the same formula was applied to dota 2 aswell.

How CS:GO turned itself around

CS:GO's success makes me sad. It's basically a shitty game filled with asperger-bait fluff to suck people in and keep them playing, creating and spending.
7 Jan 2015, 02:21 AM
Patrion 14

CS:GO's success makes me sad. It's basically a shitty game filled with asperger-bait fluff to suck people in and keep them playing, creating and spending.

wuattt? if the core game wasn't that good (it's fantastic and unique imo), all the 'asperger-bait fluff' wouldn't have done much to keep ppl around.
7 Jan 2015, 04:02 AM

I still dont find myself actively playing simply due to matchmaking. In a nutshell I either stomp guys who barely know what they're doing with almost no challenge or get destroyed by guys with 500+ hours (I have around 50 legit hours and alot of that was singleplayer)
7 Jan 2015, 04:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

There are plenty of people with loads of play time who are not that good

I might be one of them

Also you only have a rank in 1v1 US, in any other mode you don't have enough games to have a rank so you'll be assigned at random
7 Jan 2015, 04:08 AM

I might be one of them
Count me in.:)
7 Jan 2015, 04:16 AM

I might be one of them

Also you only have a rank in 1v1 US, in any other mode you don't have enough games to have a rank so you'll be assigned at random

I only queue 1v1 or 2v2 im not stupid enough to play 3v3/4v4 as allies
7 Jan 2015, 17:52 PM

wuattt? if the core game wasn't that good (it's fantastic and unique imo), all the 'asperger-bait fluff' wouldn't have done much to keep ppl around.

And yet the core game hasn't changed significantly since release (I don't consider balance changes to be part of the 'core' but rather game engine, abilities, options).

Or look at it this way: how many other games would see a significant spike in users and user retention if they included an equivalent of marketplace, workshop, operations, etc?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★