Login

russian armor

Enf of 2014, Coh2 gaining players

7 Jan 2015, 18:11 PM

If they won't leave straight after campaign, they will leave when they realize that

a) the amount of bugs in the game and new bugs being introduced with every patch
b) balance is so bad
c) small playerbase causes relatively many unfair matches between differently skilled opponents
d) the multiplayer units behave totally differently to the campaign units
8 Jan 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 28

And yet the core game hasn't changed significantly since release (I don't consider balance changes to be part of the 'core' but rather game engine, abilities, options).

Or look at it this way: how many other games would see a significant spike in users and user retention if they included an equivalent of marketplace, workshop, operations, etc?

and how many games have had situations that met your stringent definition of "core change"? i cant think of any and in general these changes happen because something was massively fucked up.
11 Jan 2015, 00:07 AM

That's a very good point you mention there. CoH2 lacks a ladder system that keeps people motivated (similar to the Lvl 20 system in vCoH). The ladder system as it is right now does not provide this.

I don't think this can be said enough. Back in CoH1, for me at least, it was a big deal when I hit levels 8, 10, and 14. It was a major incentive to win enough to get to the next rank and also not fall down a level by losing. I don't feel the same tension and competitiveness because my Coh2 level doesn't mean anything toward how well I can play.

There was also the intimidation/challenge factor of playing against someone ranked higher than you, or the encouragement of playing someone a lower rank, that you should be able to beat them. I enjoyed seeing my opponent's rank before the game, but if Relic really wants they could hide the opponent's competitive rank until the end of the match.

As it is, the only indication of skill is very loosely bulletins and "rank" (time played)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★