Login

russian armor

OKW Combined arms

23 Dec 2014, 20:09 PM

Most of these OKW "Defenders" think the faction is perfectly fine and they have penalties or whatever. God forbid if they have to micro their heavy tanks and OberShrekBlob without giving "attack move" order.

or when they think they have epic comebacks with their king tigers, jagdtigers, and ober + schreck blobs
23 Dec 2014, 20:13 PM

There will always be blobbing either strategic blobbing or mindless blobbing. Usually the mindless blobbing gets destroyed. It's hard to keep a combined arms build as OKW since the faction was designed with volks and obers spam. Only 2 units you have options with that is non doctrinal.
23 Dec 2014, 20:20 PM

I even saw Von Ivan have a minor blob in Dane's cast yesterday.He build 5-6 volks squads and was able to carry the game through mid game no problem. He build one AT gun like 10 minutes after.
23 Dec 2014, 21:45 PM

@Australian Magic: You seem to confuse something, I don't say that OKW abilities and stuff should be cheaper to make up for reduced economy, I just say that the claim from Queen that everything would be already cheaper is wrong.
29 Dec 2014, 16:12 PM

I hate all types of blobbing so every time I play(ed) the OKW I tried combined arms. It is definitely very difficult compared to what I see most OKW players do with Schreck Volks blobs. This faction is in a dire need of changes.
29 Dec 2014, 16:47 PM

Permanently Banned
In my last OKW games vs soviet i dont use shrek blob :p, 3-4 volks (only 1 guys was with shrek and he die first :(), 2 mg, AA HT or luchs, 2-3 raketen, 1 ober or 2 fusi, panther and than KT. Really its hard to play without shrek, but so many ammo for mine and gevers. Will see how its work further. :snfBarton:
30 Dec 2014, 06:24 AM

there is nothing unsportsman about blobbing. Its just not something that works against someone who will throw a grenade in to your blob. People who call you a blobber are just noobs who didnt throw grenades/mortars/mgs/etc in to your blob.
30 Dec 2014, 06:45 AM
Patrion 28

blobs have little trouble dodging nades with a small amount of micro and can often do it with almost no micro. grenades punish inattentive players and particular very good plays, not blobing or lack thereof.
30 Dec 2014, 07:43 AM

1) Nerf Schreks long range acc/pen (volks version only), buff Raketen (especially aiming time)
2) Nerf Wurfrahmen, buff LeIG
3) Take away ability to shot on the move from Obers

Result:
- No more MP floating till obers, as you have decent things to spend MP on.
- OKW less mobile and more vulnerable to flanking because of weapon crews
- Less spamming infantry - less blobbing
30 Dec 2014, 08:01 AM

If blobbing works you are definitely facing the wrong players. There just so many ways that punish blobbing hard.

If you lose a game to a blobbing opponent, then it's because you fail to utilize your counters.
30 Dec 2014, 09:34 AM

Ofc you go heavy Volks into Obers! It is the most cost effective way to survive until you get heavies. You could get Puma or some light vehicle but that will delay your heavies by a couple of mins, so it is much better just to go heavy infantry.

OKW is a blobbing faction, but not because of all blobbers go for that one faction for some strange reason, but because it is the best way to play the faction.
The design is flawed just like the Sovs are.
30 Dec 2014, 09:39 AM

Ofc you go heavy Volks into Obers! It is the most cost effective way to survive until you get heavies. You could get Puma or some light vehicle but that will delay your heavies by a couple of mins, so it is much better just to go heavy infantry.

OKW is a blobbing faction, but not because of all blobbers go for that one faction for some strange reason, but because it is the best way to play the faction.
The design is flawed just like the Sovs are.

Exactly.

Even damn AT guns are 'blobbable'

It's weird, especially in 2v2+ games. You are almost forced to blob OKW
30 Dec 2014, 10:47 AM

I for one, promote allied blobbing, My Sturm Tiger likes to say Hi through the nearest building.

But on a serious note, what else is Okw to do? Rattens are bad now same for the Support gun, both used to be pretty good in beta, then got nerfed hard and are now next to useless/Fully RNG reliant.

I quite like 2x Sturm, Kubel, 3x Volks, Med Truck - Jagdpanzer if needed, if not tech for luchs vs infantry blobbing, then get a jagdpanzer/panther/sturmtiger depending on how game is going.
30 Dec 2014, 11:03 AM

I for one, promote allied blobbing, My Sturm Tiger likes to say Hi through the nearest building.

But on a serious note, what else is Okw to do? Rattens are bad now same for the Support gun, both used to be pretty good in beta, then got nerfed hard and are now next to useless/Fully RNG reliant.

I quite like 2x Sturm, Kubel, 3x Volks, Med Truck - Jagdpanzer if needed, if not tech for luchs vs infantry blobbing, then get a jagdpanzer/panther/sturmtiger depending on how game is going.

Well, not much I guess. One can try to use some sort of combined army but it still turns out into some kind of blob or awkward play.

It would be nice if Relic did something to make OKW more 'combined army' friendly faction...
Probably wont happen because it seems they deliberately made OKW and US 'spamable' and 'blobable' AKA beginner friendly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★