Login

russian armor

Getting away from Panzerfausts and AT nades

26 Apr 2013, 16:00 PM

I have noticed a huge difference between VCoH and CoH2 when it comes to Panzerfausts and AT nades. When you'r vechile first gets inside the range of grenadiers' Panzerfausts, he will have about a 95+% of hitting it. (I have seen a few times my Panzerfausts has missed).

You don't need to bother moving you'r vechile out of the range because even if you move out of his range, you won't interrupt the panzerfaust ability like you did in VCoH. (Same goes for Conscripts AT nades). It would be far better imo and probably most others opinions to have it the same way as vCoH where you actually do have a chance of getting away.
26 Apr 2013, 16:17 PM

Yep agreed with the "once the animation starts that's it". Haven't noticed a miss with one myself.... I really don't like how often the faust now gives a crit, especially to medium-heavy armour. I think it should be changed to give crits to light vehicles only.
26 Apr 2013, 16:28 PM

Yeah I've had my panzerfausts miss as well, really annoying when it's that M3 flamer in early game.. <444>_<444>

As for AT nades, I've had one hit the ground like 3-4 meters from my Ostwind, but it still got damage and a critical.
27 Apr 2013, 00:08 AM
Patrion 14

Adaptation. Now your micromanagement goal needs to be to not get into the range of at nades or panzerfaust in the first place. Removing it would cause several problems with early vehicles that would be able to get away more often.
27 Apr 2013, 00:42 AM

Adaptation. Now your micromanagement goal needs to be to not get into the range of at nades or panzerfaust in the first place. Removing it would cause several problems with early vehicles that would be able to get away more often.

no, the goal should be for them to work properly
27 Apr 2013, 13:47 PM
Patrion 14

no, the goal should be for them to work properly

"working properly" is highly subjective. Historically you are right that both would miss from time to time and were not operated over longer distances, but then again they were fired by infantry in hiding, something that true sight comes closer but still is nowhere near.

From a balance standpoint there is no problem since both light at solution work the same way. As for one hitting more reliably than the other, I cannot really comment on that since I'm lacking proper data, but if it should be shown that there is a difference between the two, I'm all for adjusting it accordingly.

Furthermore, considering the plethora of posts and threads that claim that the m3 scout car with flamethrowers or the flamethrower half-track pose sincere balance problems, I imagine the outcry to be even more severe if these light at weapons would work the way it is suggested here. Especially considering that the range of both the M3 with flamethrowers and the flamethrower half-track is insignificantly shorter than the panzerfaust or at grenade.
28 Apr 2013, 02:02 AM

Sure, nerf the accuracy to oblivion and make them overly easy to drive out of range of.
However, then nerf flamethrowers to only be able to fire 1 or 2 seconds before having to recharge for a minute. So that flamethrowers will be good against houses and bunkers with infantry, as that is what they are meant for.
That way the flamethrowers "work properly".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★