Login

russian armor

M36- badly underpowered?

PAGES (11)down
8 Dec 2014, 08:49 AM

To the players saying Jacksons should be used in trios for maximum effectiveness, I have a question as a noob USF player. If I need to invest that much into dedicated AT, how can I counter German infantry blobs - which, at least my ranking, blob their way happily around the map every single game.
8 Dec 2014, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 08:49 AMCadoc
To the players saying Jacksons should be used in trios for maximum effectiveness, I have a question as a noob USF player. If I need to invest that much into dedicated AT, how can I counter German infantry blobs - which, at least my ranking, blob their way happily around the map every single game.

Actually we say you should sherman+ jackson in 1 vs 1. but even if 2 jacksons where out usf has the strongest baseline infantry and upgrades. so wtf are you doing?
8 Dec 2014, 09:59 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 09:21 AMJaigen

Actually we say you should sherman+ jackson in 1 vs 1. but even if 2 jacksons where out usf has the strongest baseline infantry and upgrades. so wtf are you doing?

Rifles are not gonna do shit late game
8 Dec 2014, 11:24 AM

Perhaps that's what you recommend personally, but I was referring to the people who offered 3 jacksons as the ideal setup for anti-heavy vehicle play. As for your other point, I'm finding it hard to counter vet 5 infantry blobs, especially when supported by Obers, purely with rifles. I can do it if I upgrade most/all of my riflemen with double BARs, but that's extremely expensive, and I already need munitions for Jackson vet ability, Sherman MG upgrades and M20 mines (at sweet 60 each) in particular.
8 Dec 2014, 11:40 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 08:49 AMCadoc

From what I understand, the 3 jackson idea is more for larger teamgames. In a 2vs2 or a 1vs1, 3 jackson is just asking to throw the game. I would recommend 1-2 Jacksons + 2 Shermans or 2 M8 scotts + 1 Sherman + 1 Jackson. I find that lategame it may be worth your money to buy a new m20 to lay mines, as a crippled panther means that your armor will have a much easier time taking advantage of their range. Noone expects an m20 lategame, so try to mine in areas that he will have no sight on you, and keep the m20 decrewed in base when its not being used (though you can use it to harass lone capping squads if you wish).

2 kiting shermans will munch any volks blob, regardless of unit numbers (within reason).
8 Dec 2014, 11:53 AM

You seem to forget USF have 21 pop and large manpower upkeep tied up in Officers and 2X Jackson cost 28pop(more than KT/JT). That extra manpower drain makes whatever dps advantage rifle have irrelevant and Volk blob+ 1/2 Ober will just manpower bleed USF to death.
8 Dec 2014, 12:15 PM

Im still waiting for someone to explain me how should I chase almost dead heavy tank to finish it with my Jackson if its retreating behind schrecks, paks and stuff like that :foreveralone:

IS2, ISU, Panther, Ele, JT, KT, Tiger don't have such problem in most cases. Just go forward, shoot 2 times, get few shots at front and reverse.

US Forces tanks are like go forward, shoot once (bounced), get 2 shots and die.
8 Dec 2014, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

Im still waiting for someone to explain me how should I chase almost dead heavy tank to finish it with my Jackson if its retreating behind schrecks, paks and stuff like that :foreveralone:

IS2, ISU, Panther, Ele, JT, KT, Tiger don't have such problem in most cases. Just go forward, shoot 2 times, get few shots at front and reverse.

you don't. choose something else to chase or just let it go.
8 Dec 2014, 13:03 PM

Shermans? Bazookas? :foreveralone:

You can't just let go almost dead King Tiger or Tiger Ace and suff like that because when it backs it can be GG for you. You made great ambush but somehow KT escaped with 1/10hp. Next time OKW player won't let you for that. That's the problem. Lack of "chasing" units.
8 Dec 2014, 13:05 PM

You can't just let go almost dead King Tiger or Tiger Ace and suff like that because when it backs it can be GG for you. You made great ambush but somehow KT escaped with 1/10hp. Next time OKW player won't let you for that. That's the problem. Lack of "chasing" units.
You could try a Stuart. :p
8 Dec 2014, 13:15 PM

The fact that even the usual Axis trolls don't chime in with an answer IS in fact your answer to that question (birds chirping).
8 Dec 2014, 13:21 PM

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and pop that smoke!

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The forums never bothered me anyway!

It's funny how some armor
Makes penetration seem so small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry!

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on!
8 Dec 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 13:21 PMNapalm

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and pop that smoke!

I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The forums never bothered me anyway!

It's funny how some armor
Makes penetration seem so small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry!

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on!

I seriously thought it will reach to "whisper words of wisdom".
8 Dec 2014, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 13:05 PMsteel
You could try a Stuart. :p

specially designed Stuart for that with good front armor :foreveralone:

8 Dec 2014, 13:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Get a train of about 3-4 shermans and jacksons and rifles and call a p47 then send kitchen sink hoping to knock it out in one big epic assault..if you fail well it is what it is. lol
8 Dec 2014, 14:10 PM

I am playing the US more and more lately mainly because i love my Jacksons!! With some micro Jacksons are fine as they are, but because of the horrible pathing its sometimes hard to micro. If the pathing would be fixed the would be perfect.

In combination with the airborn doctrine they would be OP imo. Pathfinders to create vison works really well, and then the p47 who does great damage but gives you vision and intel as well.
8 Dec 2014, 14:22 PM
Patrion 14

well, i'd say its more of a problem with super heavies in this game having ridunculous armour and health.

ill assume you are talking about 2v2+ because you are talking about KT which is rare in 1v1 i believe.

use your soviet teammates to finish it off or chase it with jackson and shermans.

the matter of fact is that jackson reloads slow and has low health. there is just too much risk chasing just to see your jackson miss/shell bounce. just the way it is. it is frustrating but i don't know if that means if jackson is up or op.
8 Dec 2014, 14:49 PM

IMO, HVAP ammo should be a vet 0 ability for USF AT guns and also Jacksons. That would go a long way to making them better at countering heavy armour - but still at a cost. Particularly in the long haul when attrition starts taking its toll and you have fresh units to replace some losses.

You can take for him another crew (like 3vet rear echelons) and you gonna got 1vet Slugger. Tadda!
8 Dec 2014, 15:13 PM

Ciez, I appreciate you trying to be the voice of sanity here, but you are arguing with a bunch of people who are mostly single-faction 4v4 players...sapienti sat.
8 Dec 2014, 15:53 PM

Ciez, I appreciate you trying to be the voice of sanity here, but you are arguing with a bunch of people who are mostly single-faction 4v4 players...sapienti sat.

he is only worried for ostheer t3 and tigers, which is valid. but against okw who can get panthers much faster, get heavy tanks with huge armor values, the jacksons is very much underwhelming.

the idea is not to buff the jackson which is already in a very good spot, but to nerf the stuff that are really screwing the game up.

ie. nerfing laser guided schreck spam + ober combo, JT/KT 400/500+ frontal armor values, okw being too cost efficient tech wise.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 118
unknown 23
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %