Login

russian armor

Soviet Storm - WW2 in the East

23 Apr 2013, 23:27 PM

I would like to share this great 18 parts documentary called "Soviet Storm - WW2 in the East" That I have found , its very well done good mix of archive footage, computer and acting dramatisation.

So I hope many or some of you find this interesting and educational
here is the link to a full 18 EPs. playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnNmfyY_ccRHl0yAJZy3r5Nfq2-Xr22di
23 Apr 2013, 23:32 PM

Nice, this definitely goes on the "watch asap" list.
24 Apr 2013, 10:36 AM

not better watching "Apocalypse - WW2" - 6 documentary part since 1933 or 1936 to 1945
24 Apr 2013, 10:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

"Apocalypse - WW2"

Probably the best WW2 documentary I've ever seen.
24 Apr 2013, 12:29 PM

Apocalypses WW2 is great as well but its only 6 parts and dont cover as much information where as this has way more information and it focuses on the conflict between Ger and Soviet.

Other great documentary is The World at War 1973-1974 36 Epis.

You may hate the Russians but you should never forget all the sacrifices they made in war and all the heroic actions they did.
24 Apr 2013, 14:52 PM

I liked this one a lot when I watched it on the History channel. I especially love the details they give on vehicles and airplanes.

One thing I like a bit less is that the names on the maps etc are all in Russian.
25 Apr 2013, 22:27 PM

I discovered this series recently, it is very well done. Argueably has a slight bias towards the soviets, but then again it is taken from their viewpoint. It usually stays above the politics though and provides a decent overview of the events in the Eastern Front. I think being an Eastern Front officer had some of the worst career prospects in any war, one lost battle and it's the firing squad.

Maybe we can start a thread for recommending good reading/viewing material, seeing as this aspect of the war is less popularised in the west.
27 Apr 2013, 00:09 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to watch the rest of these soon. I just watched the first one and I loved how much detail they put in.
27 Apr 2013, 00:21 AM

Great man! glad you liked it too :)
and yeah.. it has alot of information to in it
27 Apr 2013, 03:41 AM

I am really enjoying this. Thanks Sturm.
27 Apr 2013, 08:11 AM

Watched the first 2 are were impressed be the detail and reenactment, definitely gonna watch the rest! :)
27 Apr 2013, 09:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You may hate the Russians but you should never forget all the sacrifices they made in war and all the heroic actions they did.

this statement hurts my head for a few reasons (and not because they didn't fight hard or make alot of sacrifices.) but going into such would mean most likely an ugly forum argument i don't care to have. (politics are a bitch that way. ;))

what i found sifting through the history of any nation that ive researched United States,
Great Britain/UK, France, Russia, Germany etc... i find out that all this glorious bs is just a turd wrapped in layers upon layers of "shiny" (what we all call lies).

after all
"history is written by It's victors" -Unknown (so many potentials for this.)

On a more relevant topic I've stopped watching history channel (ya know the documentaries.) they pretty much took a shit on history i mean look at there slogan.

okay the "up" isn't in there but it minds well be. :P
27 Apr 2013, 10:37 AM

World at War is a masterpiece, Sir Laurence Olivier is the narrator, so it's priceless. I ll check this one too when I have time, good job brat.
27 Apr 2013, 13:43 PM

I would like to share this great 18 parts documentary called "Soviet Storm - WW2 in the East" That I have found , its very well done good mix of archive footage, computer and acting dramatisation.

So I hope many or some of you find this interesting and educational
here is the link to a full 18 EPs. playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnNmfyY_ccRHl0yAJZy3r5Nfq2-Xr22di

i ve seen it , its very good
2 May 2013, 15:54 PM

Soviet storm is the best historical dramatisation I have seen in a very long time. Great imagery and graphics, but have you guys noticed just how good the music and voice overs are? I actually found a YouTube link to the music play list somewhere, I've started a few vcoh matches now with it on, it works so well!

I highly recommend this series, a great way to set the mood for coh2.
11 Aug 2013, 23:14 PM

Just watched this part again.. since watched the new trailer for the movie Stalingrad ..
so just wanted to share it again :)

P.S: Please keep all spam, hate, claims of propaganda and etc out of this thread
Thank you.
12 Aug 2013, 02:58 AM

I would have loved to see these things in the campaign
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment