Login

russian armor

Early game build orders for Ostheer (2v2)

4 Dec 2014, 06:55 AM

Can you guys share your build orders in 2v2 for Ostheer with a OKW partner. Please be as exhaustive as you can.

Please include how you change it up vs Double Soviet or Mixed allies or double USA. The doctrines I like using is Elite Troops, Jaeger Armor, Festung Support and Luftwaffe tactics.

Also what are some good strategies you use on certain maps from certain spawns? Please share. Replays are also helpful and I would love for you to share some good ones.

Kind Regards

GreenDevil
4 Dec 2014, 07:05 AM

Spearhead, Luftwaffe supply and close air support.
My build is 2 gren and 2 mg and mortar or 4 grens, one to two hmgs and mortar. Factions doesn't matter
4 Dec 2014, 07:41 AM
Patrion 14

1. tier 1: i usually end up with at least 2 gren 1 mg 1 mort at least. +1 mg when against facing double usf, even +2. at least +1 ~2 more mort when double sov t2 (or t1, ostheer mort snipes snipers pretty good imo). ass gren if city map aka trois point, semois. one more gren if needed ( i ususally go for flame pio + one minesweeper pio).

2. tier 2: if built early, you did well early-early game, i get halftrack first. if not, pak first, but i always try to get halftrack even late. PG when i need an assault squad and i didnt pick ass green commander. shrecks if i already got PG but my grens and mgs are doing fine on their own. 222 for snipers in open maps. may be late 222 to hunt down katushas.

3.1 usually tier 3: P4 because OKW doesn't have main battle tank and i think ostheer should od everything in their power to fill that gap. if enemy is gunning for easy8, 34/85s, IS2s, ISU152s, try to hold out for tiger and make OKW go for their panther.

3.2 tier 4 hypothetical: never happened to me in a serious game lol. but from what i've seen, if you can hold on for like 2 panthers, it would be great AT. Pwerfer is decent too.

3.3 wait out for tiger if early and mid game I lose a lot of unit and therefore not enough map control.
heavy t1 +t2, watch out for enemy arty, constantly reposition support weapons after + during engagements when needed. build caches when your t1+t2 is big enough and fending off enemies pretty well.

4 Dec 2014, 17:11 PM

Permanently Banned
spam grens
4 Dec 2014, 17:15 PM

seems like gren spam +1 MG into P4 spam or Paks into Tiger is so good now
4 Dec 2014, 18:52 PM

How are you guys dealing early game with mass rifle/conspam?

My partner and I have also been playing Ostheer/OKW combo and the toughest thing we've faced recently is when a Sov/Ami team makes 5-6 each rifles+cons. No amount of suppression matters at this point due to sheer numbers and rifles early access to smoke nades. Grens/Volks can't go toe to toe with the rifles (especially if they're rifle company and have vet.)If you try to hold ground with MG bunkers, the AA halftrack usually shows up shortly after you're able to upgrade the bunker and tears it down in 3-4 shots.

We end up getting rushed off the key points and losing too much map control to recover.

I've actually moved away from using Tigers (and the Ace) recently and started using Jaeger Armor again for spotting scopes and the Elephant and had some success.
4 Dec 2014, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2014, 18:52 PMHawk
How are you guys dealing early game with mass rifle/conspam?

My partner and I have also been playing Ostheer/OKW combo and the toughest thing we've faced recently is when a Sov/Ami team makes 5-6 each rifles+cons. No amount of suppression matters at this point due to sheer numbers and rifles early access to smoke nades. Grens/Volks can't go toe to toe with the rifles (especially if they're rifle company and have vet.)If you try to hold ground with MG bunkers, the AA halftrack usually shows up shortly after you're able to upgrade the bunker and tears it down in 3-4 shots.

We end up getting rushed off the key points and losing too much map control to recover.

I've actually moved away from using Tigers (and the Ace) recently and started using Jaeger Armor again for spotting scopes and the Elephant and had some success.

Depends on the map but some general pointers :

1) Wire up any cover they can use

2) IF they blob everything and start rolling down one side of the map, avoid fighting it head-on (just try to delay their capping at most) and counter-cap the other side of the map.

3) veto both semoisky,
5 Dec 2014, 07:07 AM

seems like gren spam +1 MG into P4 spam or Paks into Tiger is so good now

When you say spam, how many do you mean? 3-4? or 5-6?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★