Login

russian armor

Regarding Livestreams

23 Apr 2013, 14:21 PM

I was very suprised today when a fellow CoH streamer came into my chat today and attacked me for not removing my stream link from my profile. I was playing a game other than CoH, called Dark Souls and I actually changed the game listing on my stream on twitch.tv from CoH to the aforesaid game. That way my Dark Souls stream is not listed amongst company of heroes streams on twitch.tv.

His main point was this ".. if you are going to broadcast a different game, don't broadcast it on a different game website just for viewers, it's cheesy and embarrassing.". First of all, I just want to say 90% of my casts are company of heroes and the only reason why I stream is because I like to chat and interact with viewers who happen to come by and watch. If they enjoy the stream/game, great! If they don't, thats fine too and they can simply leave. But I was most offended at the accusation that I'm scrounging for viewers when it is simply not the case. I was shocked when this person just came in telling me to remove my stream from the website when the majority of my casts are on CoH, especially when CoH2 goes open its practically the only game I'll be playing with my friends. It hit me right in the feels lol.

I just find it counter-productive to have to remove my stream link from my profile every time I am not streaming company of heroes, especially when MOST of my casts are all company of heroes. I'm not the sort of person who will just spam their twitch link to any location just to get as many viewers as possible. I don't stream with the hopes of monetary gain, nor will I ever ask for donations. I simply enjoy interacting with people who come into my stream, it really does make it a lot more fun!

Please share your opinions on this. If a lot people find it offensive that myself or others leave our streams on our profiles when we are playing games other than company of heroes, I will update it accordingly for the time I am NOT playing company of heroes.

23 Apr 2013, 14:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just ignore him tbh. It's your stream after all. There is no harm in streaming a game other then CoH every once in a while ;)
23 Apr 2013, 14:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

OFC this guy does not represent COH2.ORG and we have absolutely no problem if you stream another game and you don't remove your stream from our website. Don't worry about that guy, it's fine and we encourage people using COH2.ORG as a platform to show users they are streaming, even if it's not COH (I recall we have a guy who streams mostly SC2 and we told him there's no problem doing that).

Whatever this guy told you, don't listen to him ;)
23 Apr 2013, 14:34 PM

OK. Thanks for replies. :)
23 Apr 2013, 14:37 PM

Pretty much what Marcus said, yes.

Besides, whenever someone doesn't stream CoH - and said person's main viewerbase originates from CoH2.org or GR.org - you'll likely have less viewers.
As such it's quite easy for viewers to filter non-CoH broadcasts from CoH-broadcasts (high viewer count = CoH - low viewer count = Non-CoH OR new streamer)
This is of course a of a black-and-white statement, but I find it to be fairly true.
Take HelpingHans for an example. If he streams CoH he'll probably have 70+ viewers or so. If he doesn't, it's more than halfed (from what I've noticed).

Oh, and you can see what a person's broadcasting by just hovering your mouse over the name on the cast-list.

TL;DR: Just ignore him, there are really no issues with it.

Of course it would be a bit silly if you got your stream on this page and didn't stream CoH at all, but if you've done it just once or so I don't see any problems at all with streaming other games (I do it myself).
23 Apr 2013, 14:38 PM
Benefactor 115

should have told him to go fuck himself.
23 Apr 2013, 14:39 PM

should have told him to go fuck himself.

I honestly did. Some nasty things were said that I didn't want to repeat in OP, on both sides lol.
23 Apr 2013, 14:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i have a question for you did the admins come and tell you that? if they did shame on them. another question why did you let him get to you? He is at best a troll and at worst he's another self entitled asshole on the interwebs. (there are lots of both of these on the internet.)

one day you just have to accept this. also its your channel you can ban him shoulda just banned him. less drama less stress he don't exist that way.

by any chance was it bartonpl?
23 Apr 2013, 14:45 PM

^

No. It was not an Admin. A regular fellow CoH streamer, I won't give out names. I am well aware of trolls and they rarely EVER get to me. Just for some reason this one got me, he seemed genuine and I was shocked due to the person it was coming from.. thats all.

And no, it was not Barton, if it was Barton or Ironr0man or any COHEXPERT :P, I would have known they are just kidding
23 Apr 2013, 15:09 PM

What IPK said. Had similiar issues when I streamed DoW 2 and I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about the poor viewers plea for me to not falsely advertise what I'm streaming. You have to click twice to get in and out of the channel, you can hover your cursor over the stream and see exactly what I'm streaming. If I would have to get off the livestream section here and on Gamereplays (were I'm on both DoW 2 and CoH)everytime I stream a game that isn't the sections game, I'd just avoid livestreaming altogether. Luckily, I don't have to. ^^
23 Apr 2013, 15:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Honestly Andy don't worry. There are these sad people out there all the time that want to flame you down so just ignore and ban them.

Currently I have been streaming Dishonored and AoE2 through this website and no one seems to care. So don't worry about it. I am surprised this other streamer hasn't flamed me yet XD.
23 Apr 2013, 15:47 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I honestly can't believe there's a thread about what some guy said in a stream chat. Simply don't give fucks.
23 Apr 2013, 15:52 PM

Ami is mad? xD

Yeah, Andy no stress though dude! These type of people just have a silly mind set in the end though. What Jeep said is true.
23 Apr 2013, 15:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

^

No. It was not an Admin. A regular fellow CoH streamer, I won't give out names. I am well aware of trolls and they rarely EVER get to me. Just for some reason this one got me, he seemed genuine and I was shocked due to the person it was coming from.. thats all.

And no, it was not Barton, if it was Barton or Ironr0man or any COHEXPERT :P, I would have known they are just kidding

well it might not be it but there are things that do change peoples moods most notably...
23 Apr 2013, 17:26 PM

Yeah, I stream other games more often than not because I don't play COH anymore. I am surprised some guy came on bothering you. What a dick.
23 Apr 2013, 17:53 PM

His main point was this ".. if you are going to broadcast a different game, don't broadcast it on a different game website just for viewers, it's cheesy and embarrassing."

Lol, if we had that rule then I would have never discovered DayZ/ArmA2, a game that I've spent about 250 hours in now. Good thing you didn't tell us his name, or he would be the embarrassed one. :D

To whoever that person is: people on this sight enjoy watching people they know from here playing games other CoH, and if you don't like what you see on their channel then just close it.
23 Apr 2013, 18:12 PM

I honestly can't believe there's a thread about what some guy said in a stream chat. Simply don't give fucks.

True, 9 out of 10 times I would have simply given no fucks if it was just a random. Unfortunately it wasn't a random so it made me question this whole thing just for a minute.

But all the responses in this thread has otherwise just confirmed what I believed that it was a foolish thing to suggest to begin with. Thanks all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★