Login

russian armor

Whats wrong with coh 2

1 Dec 2014, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 21:13 PMRomeo
I'm tired of people blobbing these blobbing threads, why aren't there any mechanics in place on coh2.org to punish these thread blobbers?

+1 Coh2.org pls nerf thread blobbing about blobbing.
1 Dec 2014, 21:51 PM

unless you have the okw player pigeon holed at their medic truck its not the best idea to use indirect fire.
win the first engagement, use 50cals, HE shermans and Scotts to really push back enemy infantry blobs. shermans have longer max range than shreks, so get a shot off here and there to bleed the enemy. youll want to get your sherman around the 11-12 minute mark.
people complain that the 50cal is squishy, but keep it behind green cover and use riflemen to screen for it. it has a fast tear down and setup time so it can keep up with mobile rifles.
scotts generally do really well against blobs and as they vet up they get really scary. dont forget you can switch out crews.

I agree, although I have lost faith in the 50 cal. This map in particular was lacking in green cover and the crew would of likely died in a flash due to the sheer numbers it would have faced and the lmg 34. Screening with rifles is a BAD idea unless you want to bleed manpower quickly or if you have already dealt a heavy MP blow. I want to say that I probably had a bad spout of RNG seeing as the scott had missed the blob whilst the models were overlapped.
1 Dec 2014, 21:52 PM
Donator 11

I uploaded the replay
1 Dec 2014, 21:56 PM

well if u go the doctrine with the priest you can build your own sandbags. when i say screen with rifles i meant putting rifles in front of the mg (preferrably in cover) so that the enemy cannot close the distance to hit the mg. once the 50cal starts shooting it should suppress the blob in about a burst. the 50cal is pretty underutilized from what i can see, but i think its one of the answers to dealing with elite okw infantry.
1 Dec 2014, 21:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I use the 50 cal all the time I think it's great. I think it should have its price reduced but its performance seems pretty good to me.
1 Dec 2014, 22:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 21:59 PMRomeo
I use the 50 cal all the time I think it's great. I think it should have its price reduced but its performance seems pretty good to me.

Its really got at suppressing thats for sure. It was hard to think of using the mg during the game, usually it under preforms and it deters me from using it.
1 Dec 2014, 22:05 PM

They just need to put in a factor that increases recieved accuracy dependent on unit density. Which is only logical, if there are more units around, a bullet is more likely to hit one.
1 Dec 2014, 22:08 PM

fully agree. it doesnt make me want to play the game.
1 Dec 2014, 22:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Well. It was a though game.
But i think you made more mistakes.
I was so happy when u stopped changing the sides of the map. Your frontal assaults on the medic truck were so easy to defend. Was the best point.
Think when u would have changed the flank the game would be different.
But jeah. The medic truck side was so easy to defend. Get range for the JgPzIV to kill armour and use Obersoldaten to stop your infantry.
The M8 or Priest was a problem but they died too fast.

My 2 cents as the "Ob West blobber" ;)
(jeah jeah... i'm playing 5 Volks because they are too weak alone. But together they are a rapping field power. They need an adjustment)
1 Dec 2014, 22:10 PM

basicly your preservation was bad!
you wasted a lot of mp into outposts, your m10 and scot micro was horrible and that was the reason you lost both against our jagdpanzer IV and puma!

you also wasted so much ress on the right side with mg nests and after we claimed this side you never tried to get it back

in the end for lvl 200+ your gameplay wasnt that impressive

and like all others said, the map is horrible to play and focus both sides to blob their inf

1 Dec 2014, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 21:59 PMRomeo

I wish DSHK was half as good as it is.
Oh well, one can dream.
1 Dec 2014, 22:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I wish DSHK was half as good as it is. Oh well, one can dream.

If the pack howitzer and dshk have anything to teach us it's that the more expensive it is, the worse it should perform :D
1 Dec 2014, 22:17 PM

Well, you could counter the blob beforehand by blobbing your rifles so the enemy would complain about rifle blobbing instead of you complaining about them blobbing.

And so, most people decide to do just that and shove everything together and eat any straggling enemies. The biggest blob wins. Ive seen it with my own eyes...
1 Dec 2014, 22:24 PM

I actually liked the DSHK until it was nerfed into a rustic shopping cart.
1 Dec 2014, 23:17 PM

blobbing will only get you so far at making you 'better' at the game. you still need to have sound tactical and strategic sense to be succesful at coh and beating other blobbers.
1 Dec 2014, 23:32 PM

If they implement an anti-blobbing mechanism instead of buffing its natural counters a bit, the game is as good as dead.( As More nanny mechanism will always be wanted by bad players thus killing player's options)

It seem that the bad habit of blobbing is rewarded too much except at the highest level of play. Something must be done to maintain the play variety.

HMGs must be buffed in suppression and durability only (DPS may be ajusted down to compensate). Mines explosion's radius could be increased a bit too.

it's too easy too kill HMGs from within it's firing arc with any blob of regular unit.

With Ober killing an mg is trivial.(no efforts what so ever)(a big problem)

PLz Relic, buff blob counters significantly, enough to render blobbing casual habit very inefficient.

As it is, bunkers mg are way better then using HMG outside a building.

Thanks.
1 Dec 2014, 23:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Jep, it went from Company of Call Ins 2 to Company of Blobs and Spamming 2
1 Dec 2014, 23:59 PM

Permanently Banned
If they implement an anti-blobbing mechanism instead of buffing its natural counters a bit, the game is as good as dead.( As More nanny mechanism will always be wanted by bad players thus killing player's options)

It seem that the bad habit of blobbing is rewarded too much except at the highest level of play. Something must be done to maintain the play variety.

HMGs must be buffed in suppression and durability only (DPS may be ajusted down to compensate). Mines explosion's radius could be increased a bit too.

it's too easy too kill HMGs from within it's firing arc with any blob of regular unit.

With Ober killing an mg is trivial.(no efforts what so ever)(a big problem)

PLz Relic, buff blob counters significantly, enough to render blobbing casual habit very inefficient.

As it is, bunkers mg are way better then using HMG outside a building.

Thanks.

This and also up the suppression a blob of units encounters when facing an HMG. The 50 call and the maxim both have a lot of trouble when trying to pin a blob.
2 Dec 2014, 00:09 AM

This and also up the suppression a blob of units encounters when facing an HMG. The 50 call and the maxim both have a lot of trouble when trying to pin a blob.

the maxim has no aoe suppression, but the 50cal does and is arguably the best mg to deal with blobs.
2 Dec 2014, 00:23 AM
Donator 22

unless you have the okw player pigeon holed at their medic truck its not the best idea to use indirect fire.
win the first engagement, use 50cals, HE shermans and Scotts to really push back enemy infantry blobs. shermans have longer max range than shreks, so get a shot off here and there to bleed the enemy. youll want to get your sherman around the 11-12 minute mark.
people complain that the 50cal is squishy, but keep it behind green cover and use riflemen to screen for it. it has a fast tear down and setup time so it can keep up with mobile rifles.
scotts generally do really well against blobs and as they vet up they get really scary. dont forget you can switch out crews.

All of this is 100% good advice.

Its just that the average player micro just can't keep up with doing all this when the other player simply pushes his blob forward.

The greatest thing I have ever read from Relic was an acknowledgement that in big team games that the main reason Axis was winning was due to the fact that the Allied player game is MUCH more micro intensive at that point because of the number and nature of their units. Hopefully, we will continue to see things implemented to "even out" micro for all players throughout the game. There is currently a counter to EVERYTHING in this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★