Login

russian armor

Whats wrong with coh 2

1 Dec 2014, 21:06 PM
Donator 11

You cant counter all of this. We killed countless squads, had bars, had scotts, had shermans, and a priest. they built a jagpanzr and this.

Ill attach the replay if you want but this is...this is broke and needs to be discouraged

*edit here are more pictures after I went back to watch the replay

This shouldnt be a fix to the game

Here is the replay
  •  
1 Dec 2014, 21:09 PM

Problem is coh2 rewards this blob behavior
1 Dec 2014, 21:11 PM

1 Dec 2014, 21:12 PM

blobbing thread literally every other day... because blobbing occurs in every game WITHOUT fail.
1 Dec 2014, 21:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I'm tired of people blobbing these blobbing threads, why aren't there any mechanics in place on coh2.org to punish these thread blobbers?
1 Dec 2014, 21:14 PM

What i see on picture is normal. 4-5 squads from each side.

For USF usually 5 squads of infantry in absolutly standard including leitenant. So THIS is a poor disign.
Noramally Wherm builds 4 gren
1 Dec 2014, 21:14 PM

blobbing thread literally every other day.

People like the game and dont want it RIP.
1 Dec 2014, 21:18 PM

my main gripe is this : The panzershreck wielding volksgrenadier it can reliably counter it's counter. A tank. At max range, meaning unless you are actively microing a tank (easy enough to do, but requires your full attention) you will not be able to use it effectively.
1 Dec 2014, 21:23 PM

You cant counter all of this. We killed countless squads, had bars, had scotts, had shermans, and a priest. they built a jagpanzr and this.

Ill attach the replay if you want but this is...this is broke and needs to be discouraged

problem are volks - they are the best versatile inf unit in this game, they have 5 men, can have 1 shreck for AT and still they remain good AI stuff, while units like Grens are 100% AI, faust is good when enemy fails to micro, PG's are AI or AT, Rifles with proper upgrades are best but most of players now goes max 3 rifles into some shit M20 or flak HT and they start crying about enemy inf blob
1 Dec 2014, 21:24 PM

my main gripe is this : The panzershreck wielding volksgrenadier it can reliably counter it's counter. A tank. At max range, meaning unless you are actively microing a tank (easy enough to do, but requires your full attention) you will not be able to use it effectively.

2 shreks in that entire blob at almost 20 minutes into the game. A sherman with HE (heck you could probably have 2 or so by that time) would absolutely wreck that. If that's not enough you could also go the m8 howie route, which does extremely well versus clumped troops. With the threat of insta-gibbing you can apply some nice pressure.
1 Dec 2014, 21:27 PM
Donator 11

I went back and looked at the replay. took some more screen shots but this is impossible to counter. As JazzHead pointed out I should have gotten a shermen (I did get one but its countered by a puma and a jag as it was backed up by a wolverine)
1 Dec 2014, 21:31 PM

what are your unit timings? also from the screenshots it looks like your riflemen preservation was bad.
1 Dec 2014, 21:31 PM

I would like to point out, that I was the 'yellow' player in that game.I had chosen US armour, and indeed grabbed an m8 Howie as did the other player. Unfortunately the picture posted does not show the Jgd panzer was also on the field. Given the circumstances we both agreed that slowing the blobs advance then shelling it with indirect firepower would be the best solution as the jgdpanzer and shrecks had already taken out a soaking sherman and the flanking m10 (which btw got caught up on a an inconspicuous rock)
1 Dec 2014, 21:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

what are your unit timings? also from the screenshots it looks like your riflemen preservation was bad.

His preservation was probably alright since I think he spent 600 manpower on fuel caches.
1 Dec 2014, 21:39 PM

unless you have the okw player pigeon holed at their medic truck its not the best idea to use indirect fire.
win the first engagement, use 50cals, HE shermans and Scotts to really push back enemy infantry blobs. shermans have longer max range than shreks, so get a shot off here and there to bleed the enemy. youll want to get your sherman around the 11-12 minute mark.
people complain that the 50cal is squishy, but keep it behind green cover and use riflemen to screen for it. it has a fast tear down and setup time so it can keep up with mobile rifles.
scotts generally do really well against blobs and as they vet up they get really scary. dont forget you can switch out crews.
1 Dec 2014, 21:41 PM
Donator 11

unless you have the okw player pigeon holed at their medic truck its not the best idea to use indirect fire.
win the first engagement, use 50cals, HE shermans and Scotts to really push back enemy infantry blobs. shermans have longer max range than shreks, so get a shot off here and there to bleed the enemy. youll want to get your sherman around the 11-12 minute mark.
people complain that the 50cal is squishy, but keep it behind green cover and use riflemen to screen for it. it has a fast tear down and setup time so it can keep up with mobile rifles.
scotts generally do really well against blobs and as they vet up they get really scary. dont forget you can switch out crews.

I used the sherman but it got countered by the range jagpanzer and the puma. You cant kill the jag because its frontal armor blocks almost all AT options as usf including the AT gun.
1 Dec 2014, 21:43 PM

use jacksons if youre having problem with armor.

and as i mentioned before veto that map because its basically 3 corridors so youre going to face hordes of infantry.
1 Dec 2014, 21:45 PM
Benefactor 392

he could have probably made a pack howitzer, also, why would he set an m10 on the feild when there was no tanks at that point in which he seen.

not only that it seemed his ally didn't really fire his priest.

why were there no demo charges.

so many ways he could have engaged blob differently by it seemed like he went blob vs blob in my opinion
1 Dec 2014, 21:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Hurtgen is generally a nightmare for everyone involved.
1 Dec 2014, 21:48 PM

oh and most important thing to fighting blobs is to harass their side points. send REs or a rifle squad to cap the points that are away from the fighting. this forces your opponent to split up his forces.
bar'd rifles are kinda cool because they can take on most infantry that the enemy sends your way to take back the strategic point. volks and sturms will have a really tough time 1v1 bar'd rifles, so the enemy will have to send atleast 2 squads or an ober to deal with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★