Login

russian armor

The spam, it's getting unbearable

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
1 Dec 2014, 14:44 PM

An allied player complaining about OKW spam. Now I've seen it all.
1 Dec 2014, 18:32 PM

Con spam into call-ins; now that's something terrible to face...
1 Dec 2014, 19:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OK

First , thanks to OP for downloading what he thought was his Nemesis. That is not at all easy to do.

Second, thanks to those who critted - in particular MetallicBlack, who took time out to analyse in depth.

Third: @OP (and general viewers): please try to understand that Balance should be approached from a high-level player perspective. In other words, what you may personally find to be troublesome, is not necessarily a high-level/game problem. Or to the put the matter in the obverse: as Aladdin stated politely here, what a lower level/new player may consider a game fault is just as likely to be attributable to the individual player's gameplay.

Which rather leads to this conclusion: please ask yourself, especially if you are new to the board, would my thread be better in a specific army thread, rather than in Balance? And if the answer is 'maybe', then post your thread there first of all. If at that stage, fellow faction posters all declare you have found a weak point, then re-post it into Balance, with a link to the thread from whence you have support (this pre-supposes your main supporters have posts in three figures ;))
1 Dec 2014, 23:06 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 09:26 AMRupert
OKW needs 7 minutes to get out his first shrek in average.

I'm sorry to say but...terrible build and poor play.

Is that so, how come the game only lasted 6 minutes huh? Hmm odd

yes yes yes, terrible build bla bla, it comes down to the point again, why is a soviet player in need of a certain tactic of build to even defeat an OKW player, that just doesn't add up my dear boy
1 Dec 2014, 23:08 PM

Permanently Banned
OK

First , thanks to OP for downloading what he thought was his Nemesis. That is not at all easy to do.

Second, thanks to those who critted - in particular MetallicBlack, who took time out to analyse in depth.

Third: @OP (and general viewers): please try to understand that Balance should be approached from a high-level player perspective. In other words, what you may personally find to be troublesome, is not necessarily a high-level/game problem. Or to the put the matter in the obverse: as Aladdin stated politely here, what a lower level/new player may consider a game fault is just as likely to be attributable to the individual player's gameplay.

Which rather leads to this conclusion: please ask yourself, especially if you are new to the board, would my thread be better in a specific army thread, rather than in Balance? And if the answer is 'maybe', then post your thread there first of all. If at that stage, fellow faction posters all declare you have found a weak point, then re-post it into Balance, with a link to the thread from whence you have support (this pre-supposes your main supporters have posts in three figures ;))

I will do so the next time
1 Dec 2014, 23:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Btw people, I find it very strange that everyone is bashing on my build order. Isn't it a tad strange that you need one or two specific tactics and build orders to deal with and perhaps defeat a faction? Why are there only one or two tactics that are viable.. That just doesn't seem right to me.. An entire faction rendered almost useless apart from 2 to 4 units which are viable in either one of the "working" tactics.

Considering the spamm argument,never meant that he spammed one particular unit, but more or less outproducing me in the same time as I could muster of field units. Next to that, they start with an Sturmpio squad which is very effective and the combat engineers are not as we all know, so from the get go the OKW have a force that is more deadly and better armed then the soviets.

And considering the US forces, yes as Ostheer I have encountered their spam, but found it more controllable with the wide cone of the mg42 and some grenadiers and a mortar in support.

I find the OKW faction to be a flaw in its entirety, just like the Wehrmacht veterancy was in Coh1. This faction promotes nothing else but misery and no brain easy mode cluster and click boom dead gg
1 Dec 2014, 23:42 PM
Donator 11

Btw people, I find it very strange that everyone is bashing on my build order. Isn't it a tad strange that you need one or two specific tactics and build orders to deal with and perhaps defeat a faction? Why are there only one or two tactics that are viable.. That just doesn't seem right to me.. An entire faction rendered almost useless apart from 2 to 4 units which are viable in either one of the "working" tactics.

That's something that happens to every game when you begin seriously evaluating it's bits and pieces. It's more pronounced in strategy games because what you do early on has dramatic effects later on (hence build orders), but it's not unique.

While you can mitigate it by shuffling around stats to something more viable, truly fixing the problem (making everything viable at all points in the game) is pretty much impossible.
1 Dec 2014, 23:49 PM

Permanently Banned

That's something that happens to every game when you begin seriously evaluating it's bits and pieces. It's more pronounced in strategy games because what you do early on has dramatic effects later on (hence build orders), but it's not unique.

While you can mitigate it by shuffling around stats to something more viable, truly fixing the problem (making everything viable at all points in the game) is pretty much impossible.

I understand your point very well, but just one or 2 viable tactics is a bit on the short side don't you think? I mean they surely only thought of the OKW faction facing the US faction when creating it. Soviets stand slight chances of winning if they do not use one of either 2 tactics that are "viable".

Of course you can't balance everything into perfection or make it so that you have a game that is 100% equal. But come one, this is just a bit to much of a walk in the park for OKW in 1v1 and perhaps even 2v2. In 3vs3 and 4vs4 teamgames, I don't see them as such a treat anymore, don't know exactly why but I don't have any problems in 3vs3 and 4vs4 when facing an OKW player. Perhaps now that opel blitz is solely giving a player fuel or muni bonusses and not an entire team. But in 1v1, man they are a tough nut to crack
1 Dec 2014, 23:50 PM

Considering the spamm argument,never meant that he spammed one particular unit, but more or less outproducing me in the same time as I could muster of field units. Next to that, they start with an Sturmpio squad which is very effective and the combat engineers are not as we all know, so from the get go the OKW have a force that is more deadly and better armed then the soviets.

And considering the US forces, yes as Ostheer I have encountered their spam, but found it more controllable with the wide cone of the mg42 and some grenadiers and a mortar in support.

I find the OKW faction to be a flaw in its entirety, just like the Wehrmacht veterancy was in Coh1. This faction promotes nothing else but misery and no brain easy mode cluster and click boom dead gg

This guy has a point here. Viable openings should be more numerous, creativity should be rewarded. I think it's one of the major problem that plague COH2.(A.k.a the lack of viable opening moves)

Thanks.
2 Dec 2014, 00:20 AM

I know bulletins aren't the end of the world, but it might help to have something more useful than mortar vet and guards call-in cooldown. The mine build speed is probably fine but it can't hurt to have bulletins for useful units like conscripts, etc.
2 Dec 2014, 12:26 PM

I understand your point very well, but just one or 2 viable tactics is a bit on the short side don't you think? I mean they surely only thought of the OKW faction facing the US faction when creating it. Soviets stand slight chances of winning if they do not use one of either 2 tactics that are "viable".

2 viable tactics vs one specific build order is not the same as 2 viable tactics in general. With soviets you can go for double snipers + guards, maxim spam, con spam, engie spam, and that probably isn't even the end of the list.
2 Dec 2014, 12:59 PM

Permanently Banned

2 viable tactics vs one specific build order is not the same as 2 viable tactics in general. With soviets you can go for double snipers + guards, maxim spam, con spam, engie spam, and that probably isn't even the end of the list.

You do realise that all the things you name, evolve around spam? xd

Other then that, having a need of a certain spam build to defeat one faction is ridiculous
2 Dec 2014, 14:25 PM

It's not strange that you need rocks to defeat scissors and papers to defeat rocks.

You wanting to do whatever random thing you want to do and still come out victorious is obnoxious.

How many choices do you think OKW has? A lot less than soviets.

Soviets can go T1 or T2 right off the bat, or even 4 conscript opener. All effective against OKW.

OKW has one choice. volks. What do you want to OKW player to do? Producing nothing because it's "spam"?

Soviet player complaining about "not enough viable tactics" is pretty sad.

If you even played a single game of comp-stomp with OKW you would not be ranting such nonsense.
2 Dec 2014, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 14:25 PMRupert

Soviets can go T1 or T2 right off the bat, or even 4 conscript opener. All effective against OKW.

OKW has one choice. volks. What do you want to OKW player to do? Producing nothing because it's "spam"?

This.
But if I remember correctly the forum voted that the soviets was the faction that most needed an overhaul. :):):) The myths in this forum is alive and kicking.
2 Dec 2014, 14:35 PM
Donator 11

I think people need to stop calling everything "spam". Three grens? Gren spam! You get a second Volksgren? Spam! And oh my god, somebody forbid SOV going T2 and actually using five different units, oh wait, that's Maxim "spam".
Starting in mid game all factions got plenty of options at least.

(not saying that there shouldn't be some adjustments to a lot of units)
2 Dec 2014, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 14:25 PMRupert

It's not strange that you need rocks to defeat scissors and papers to defeat rocks.

You wanting to do whatever random thing you want to do and still come out victorious is obnoxious.

If you even played a single game of comp-stomp with OKW you would not be ranting such nonsense.

OKW have more tech choices than Soviets do. I can build the med truck for Infantry support gun to counter Soviet MG strategy. I can build the Mech truck for Puma for a scout car. OKW have access to all 4 tech trees compared to the Soviets. Not to mention, each OKW's tech trucks have GREAT anti tank ability. The plus for OKW are the commanders that further enhances their combined arms.
2 Dec 2014, 15:41 PM

I think OKW is pretty fine, the only OP-thing about this faction is this beast:

2 Dec 2014, 15:45 PM

Yes, OKW do have one real option = volks spam and then blob the infantry of your choice.

Except they can blob alot of things
they can blob panzerfusiliers, obers, falls not really (but falls can still be used), they can also supplement their volks with a kubel or a flak HT early on, then perhaps get a puma.

You can spam mg 34s and lock the area down and vigoriously camp your medic truck and your flak HQ, or you can be more aggresive and blob obersoldaten en masse, or something between the two.

In the early game you can make the decision whether to abuse truck pushing or not, on some maps you can even choose to lock down the entire map with the truck by sacrificing it.
2 Dec 2014, 20:51 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 15:45 PMBurts
Yes, OKW do have one real option = volks spam and then blob the infantry of your choice.

Except they can blob alot of things
they can blob panzerfusiliers, obers, falls not really (but falls can still be used), they can also supplement their volks with a kubel or a flak HT early on, then perhaps get a puma.

You can spam mg 34s and lock the area down and vigoriously camp your medic truck and your flak HQ, or you can be more aggresive and blob obersoldaten en masse, or something between the two.

In the early game you can make the decision whether to abuse truck pushing or not, on some maps you can even choose to lock down the entire map with the truck by sacrificing it.

And then there was a guy who said OKW has but one option and here we get a whole list of viable options, hahaha ooh the irony
2 Dec 2014, 23:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Just played a mach as the US for the I think 3rd time ever xd. you only need rifleman, a scott and some jacksons and your good. Bulldozer sherman is nice as well, no need for any advanced tactics, just make shore you have enough units running around and about

So tho those who claim the us faction is the same in that regard, yes you are right!
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS