Login

russian armor

Guard

1 Dec 2014, 20:28 PM

There is a simple way to buff guards without removing PTRS,etc.

Make them stop dancing around for 5 minutes before shooting.
1 Dec 2014, 20:44 PM
Patrion 28

I think it was to stop M3 + Guard kiting 222, when everyone was M3 spamming with guards/snipers/flamers inside.

possibly but the change didn't make a significant difference. the problem has always been, and still is, snipers vs OKH.
2 Dec 2014, 12:57 PM

So... Support weapon should be my main inf while main inf should be support one? :mellow:

I'm confused.

Why not ? If they do their job use them as much as you like to.
2 Dec 2014, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 12:57 PMVIPUKS

Why not ? If they do their job use them as much as you like to.

Because soviet players are fed up of having to use combined arms for everything despite having most inflexible tiering system and everyone else is fed up of "if its not conscript or SU-76, its batshit op reric nerf!" threads.
2 Dec 2014, 13:12 PM

Because soviet players are fed up of having to use combined arms for everything despite having most inflexible tiering system and everyone else is fed up of "if its not conscript or SU-76, its batshit op reric nerf!" threads.

I seem to recall most of your threads were in similar logic replacing conscript with raketen and su-76 with panzerwerfer :lol:
2 Dec 2014, 13:18 PM

Then you need to learn to separate dreams from reality and actually acknowledge which axis units were op(not much of that really left atm, I believe if we get to solve the problem of Tiger/IS-2 or GTFO, we'll have much healthier and diverse meta).
2 Dec 2014, 14:19 PM

Then you need to learn to separate dreams from reality and actually acknowledge which axis units were op(not much of that really left atm, I believe if we get to solve the problem of Tiger/IS-2 or GTFO, we'll have much healthier and diverse meta).

And you need to acknowledge that balance is not a unit-by-unit comparison but the overall faction design and timing.
You can complain all you want about Pak40s being but in reality OST needs to invest over 750 mp just to get 1 pak out.

Does it justify it being the most potent AT gun? Maybe.

Does that potency justify OST's lack of early vehicle counters without spending excessive resources? Probably not.

You see, you can't just put out numbers and say A unit is OP therefore A' faction which produces A unit is OP.

Fail logic.

Maybe you'd realize this if your [# of actual games played] to [balance whining post] ratio was lower than 1:20.
2 Dec 2014, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 14:19 PMRupert

And you need to acknowledge that balance is not a unit-by-unit comparison but the overall faction design and timing.

I would like to think that that acknowledges the Soviet faction as a badly designed faction. If some units apparently have to be bad because others are good, then they would have never put there in the first place or should be removed...

To save us all the trouble of bothering they exist.
2 Dec 2014, 14:39 PM

I would like to think that that acknowledges the Soviet faction as a badly designed faction. If some units apparently have to be bad because others are good, then they would have never put there in the first place or should be removed...

To save us all the trouble of bothering they exist.

I agree too. Units diversity does not mean having useless units made up by having op units.

It's a problem with all factions in general but it seems that's Relic's philosophy behind faction design and balance.

However, I'm against nerfing everything to make everything the same. There can be price increase, timing delays, accessibility, popcap, etc... many other ways to balance things around OTHER than chopping numbers.

2 Dec 2014, 15:05 PM

By playing Soviets, I am already restricted to half of my army. OKW has has so many choices for teching and army composition, Soviets on the other hand have to rely on commanders. As of now, Soviet commanders are outdated after WFA expansion. OKW has nullified half of the commanders useless, stuka alone made Urban defense indefeasible. Back to the topic, I think "Target Weak Point" ability would be great addition to this unit + armor buff, offset it by price increase.
2 Dec 2014, 15:14 PM

By playing Soviets, I am already restricted to half of my army. OKW has has so many choices for teching and army composition, Soviets on the other hand have to rely on commanders. As of now, Soviet commanders are outdated after WFA expansion.

Like how Soviets can do T1 opening via m3 or snipers or T2 oepning with maxims or go 4 conscript opening?

While OKW has interesting choices for teching like volks kubel volks opening or volks volks volks opening?

I don't think you can call that "many choices", especially if you look at the units from med truck...

OKW does one thing: spam volks and tech to T4 for obers and panthers. All other options are usually deperate attempts to recuperate a lost game - which usually fail.
2 Dec 2014, 15:53 PM

You can equate T1 or T2 to OKW's truck techs. If you just compare T0 army composition, OKW have StormPios, Volks, Kubel + Raket. Soviets on the other hand have Cons and Engineers, which pale in comparison.
2 Dec 2014, 18:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 15:14 PMRupert

Like how Soviets can do T1 opening via m3 or snipers or T2 oepning with maxims or go 4 conscript opening?

While OKW has interesting choices for teching like volks kubel volks opening or volks volks volks opening?

I don't think you can call that "many choices", especially if you look at the units from med truck...

OKW does one thing: spam volks and tech to T4 for obers and panthers. All other options are usually deperate attempts to recuperate a lost game - which usually fail.

OKW works like USF, where their teching diversifies during the midgame with MG34, light vehicles, Luch, Obers and other call in infantry.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 782

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight