Login

russian armor

BALANCE FEEDBACK - USF 1v1 Post 100 Games of Automatch

28 Nov 2014, 01:01 AM

Between the JP4/SU85 and the Jackson. The Jackson has the lowest pen and DPS...all that is good about is turret...it's not the fastest tank not the longest range nor the highest pen nor the highest DPS. It has slot of front loaded damage that balanced by its slower reload then other dedicated tds
28 Nov 2014, 02:18 AM

Between the JP4/SU85 and the Jackson. The Jackson has the lowest pen and DPS...all that is good about is turret...it's not the fastest tank not the longest range nor the highest pen nor the highest DPS. It has slot of front loaded damage that balanced by its slower reload then other dedicated tds

Actually, it beats the SU-85 at all but very short ranges in terms of DPS, at least as long as you don't add Penetration to the calculation which is indeed a bit worse than the other TDs you mentioned- but only at medium to long ranges. (180 for SU-85, 170 for JP4, 160 for Jackson at long). However the turret allows it to do what no other TD can do - flank -, and it gets HVAP shells at Vet 1 so I feel the Jackson's gun is pretty good, except for the annoying tendency to miss its shots at long range.

The real problem comes from its squishiness, especially to Panzerschrecks.
28 Nov 2014, 08:26 AM

My vision is the Jackson isn't that helped with the current meta.

Since it is only useful vs tanks and need at least his Vet1 to perform well, the current meta of full inf into call-in gives it hard time.
It requires to fight vs medium tanks to gain some vet in order to perform vs heaviest ones.

My opinion about this unit is it would require some better vet0 performance at the cost of reducing his vet ones. Or to bring modifications in the current meta to reduce the power of blobbing into call-ins and force people to use medium tanks.

28 Nov 2014, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 02:18 AMGneckes

Actually, it beats the SU-85 at all but very short ranges in terms of DPS, at least as long as you don't add Penetration to the calculation which is indeed a bit worse than the other TDs you mentioned- but only at medium to long ranges. (180 for SU-85, 170 for JP4, 160 for Jackson at long). However the turret allows it to do what no other TD can do - flank -, and it gets HVAP shells at Vet 1 so I feel the Jackson's gun is pretty good, except for the annoying tendency to miss its shots at long range.

The real problem comes from its squishiness, especially to Panzerschrecks.

And due to its cost and squishiness it should never be used to flank and should always be used at max range. The m10 is the only practical flanking Tank destroyer due to its superior speed blitz ability and cost. For all intents and purposes its armor value is the same as in everything penetrates both and the Jackson merely has 80 more HPs
1 Dec 2014, 15:10 PM

Just updating, im up to near 55% win, around ~1700 rank in 1v1 USF.

vs OKW 1v1 USF is complete and utter garbage balance. Every passing minute you can see the game slipping away.

- 1 Fuel locked down vis Flak Truck which is unkillable by USF without using at least 2 Shermans UNOPPOSED. Im pointing this out for the gits that say 'your fault for letting him get Tiger/Panther'

- Vetted PSchrek Volks blobs mean ZERO light armor can be viable post 15 mins to counter Infantry blobs

- Obers snipe 2-3 members of Rifle AND Airborne squads within the first couple of volleys, means any even fight is not winnable

- Panthers/Tigers cannot be killed without Airborne Strafe, Period. M36s are garbage due to Volks spam. Even with Strafe you need AT LEAST 2 Shermans pounding on the Panther/Tiger, else it will get away at 5-10% damage.

- In the very well fought games where the map has been carved up 50-50, an early P2 Luch absolutely wrecks USF. Forces you to go Captain+Bazookas and thats the game. If your Sherman doesnt arrive within a min. its gg. And if it does, your map control and Tech was anyways superior to the OKW. So its not a 'balance', its USF having to completely utter pummel and pwn for 15 mins for ANY chance of victory.

And yes, i did try OKW. Played 25, and am 50% win, i think near 90% win v/s USF opponents. Still learning Soviets so cant comment on the balance of that matchup.

Clear to me i need to step away from this game till they fix this absurd matchup.

Losing to trash players due to above glaring, obvious balance issues is now beyond frustrating.
1 Dec 2014, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 10:33 AMSeolfor
Problem with OSTH 1v1 is how campy it gets. The entire game is about the USF forcing his way through a mega camp of MGs + ATs + Grens + Mortars. Even their P4s and eventual Tigers arent used as 'Tanks' rather much more semi-mobile immortal units of death, sitting behind passive camps that require MINIMAL micro.

- MG planted with arc covering sector, check
- AT gun just behind the MG covering the entry point, check
- Mortar behind the AT, bombarding any attempts to flip VP/Fuel/Ammo, check
- 1-2 Grens, now with LMGs, to rip charging/flanking infantry, along with insta engine hit fausts, check
- P4s or CP based Tiger/Panther, sitting behind it all, check

In any other RTS, you would be labelled a mega-trash newb for camping like 99% Osth players do in 1v1s. Just squat on 1 fuel/ammo/VP with 4 units, then send the blob to take the other. GG.

You lose cause youre bad, you win cause youre a camping git and the game isnt balanced - Fact :D

Tell me ,how else is ostheer to fight USF?Can grens stand up to rifles?LOLz,
Are pzgrens gonna do the job-nope.
Camp and survive with 1 fuel and 1 vp until tiger and pz 4-only method.
If u have any other method-do tell.Play ostheer for a few games-USF has advantage over this faction.
Ostheer has not been allowed units designed for aggressive gameplay until armor-its not the player's fault-they are makiing do with what is the best of a bad situation.
2 Dec 2014, 16:48 PM
Patrion 14

Hey Seolfor!

I just had an epic game, this one's really for you. The entire game OKW was at the advantage except late mid/late game. Was playing at the north Side as well. Really great game for you.

When you watch it the OKW has a samiliar pattern when you play against them on this map. Really infantry heavy with alot of hmg and a kubel. The only way to counter such a static army are howitzers. Notice I just avoid rushing for armor, needed the extra AA when he builds so many inf. http://www.coh2.org/replay/27741/comeback-us
3 Dec 2014, 06:31 AM

Show me the post where i point out MGs being a problem vs OKW. M34s are frankly easy to counter.

Its vs OSTH that MGs are punishing, due to the holy trinity of MG+Mortar+PAK being able to hard lock-down regions of a map.

I do appreciate your positive posts and replays Looney, but its clear to me that OKW vs USF is horribly balanced. Too many posts and threads already about it, and you know it.

I dont mind being a 55% win player. I dont mind losing when ive been outplayed by either faction. However, i do mind losing to trash OKW newbs who ive pounded for 12-15 minutes and they win with nothing but their Zeus Truck locking down 1 Fuel/Ammo/VP and eventually rolling out with their Volks+OBer blobs with the eventual unkillable Panther.
3 Dec 2014, 10:48 AM
Patrion 14

I dont mind being a 55% win player. I dont mind losing when ive been outplayed by either faction. However, i do mind losing to trash OKW newbs who ive pounded for 12-15 minutes and they win with nothing but their Zeus Truck locking down 1 Fuel/Ammo/VP and eventually rolling out with their Volks+OBer blobs with the eventual unkillable Panther.

Ah sorry, misunderstood you then.
On small maps it's hard to play against that true. It's always a 50/50 of me winning losing against that as well. Only thing that kinda works is massing shermans, when you have more map control you can have faster armor then him. Force a retreat with his infantry then storm his flak gun.

The hardest thing is when they build a Pak 43(is it called like that?), it shoots through building and has a low reload speed. Shuts down the whole area against armor, only thing to do then is use smoke on shermans and storm with inf, knock out the pak (it gets decrewed really fast vs inf) and then storm the flak gun with your sherms.

Takes way to much micro IMO, while the OKW can just lay back and enjoy the show. Most of the times they have there medi truck sitting there as well so his inf can reinforce. In that case, Priest is the only way to go.

I totally agree that's a problem, those games are the most boring ones, really long and painfull for allies. You're just waiting for the KT to arrive and when it does, it shuts down your entire infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★