Login

russian armor

Casting COH Guide-How do you cast COH?

20 Nov 2012, 21:38 PM

You have a lot of people that cast but I think you would have a lot more if someone made a guide on how to cast. I have tried casting before with no luck. A detailed guide on how to get the free software and how to set it up will allow more players to cast.
20 Nov 2012, 23:20 PM

This is something I will definitely work on for CoH2, but if there is a demand for it then I can make one for CoH1 as well.
21 Nov 2012, 03:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Step 1: Download Audacity.

Step 2: Record a cast. Any time you don't know what to do, use Google.

Step 3: Export your cast as an .mp3. Google is still your friend here.

Step 4: You're a caster! Congratulations.
21 Nov 2012, 05:22 AM

I use Fraps to record Audio Video then compile with windows movie maker, then code it to AVI with AVC {Any Video Encoder}
21 Nov 2012, 05:38 AM

Make one now for us tommy and just update it for coh2 if needed. Thanks
22 Nov 2012, 05:11 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If you've got a good CPU/GPU/upload, you can simply broadcast yourself watching a replay and talking in 1080p on twitch. After that it's one-click to automatically upload from twitch to your youtube channel, and it's all happening remotely so you don't have to hog up your own machine with that mundane task.

Dunno how anybody can still go through the agony of capture/edit/upload these days. It makes sense for Inuki-style, with tons of after effects, but I don't see how anybody else can bear it.
22 Nov 2012, 08:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

My upload speed is less than 1 Mbps. So that's how I can go through capture/edit/upload :D

It also lets you do things like noise reduction on your voice recording/balance the game audio levels after the fact. And presumably the compression looks much nicer than whatever you stream to Twitch, right?
22 Nov 2012, 12:41 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

1080p on twitch->youtube looks pretty damn good. Here's a screenshot of SNF after it winds up on youtube. To make those VODs, nobody ever had to edit or upload anything. Just ntd when he streamed it live. There are in-line compressors that you can get to normalize the audio on it's way out (we use one for SNF).

right click to view full size

1 person w/ ntd's GPU/CPU/upload could do this just as easily as our crew. It's really a piece of cake. And you can even do picture-in-picture video overlays and faded transitions, as X-com did in the "Ladies Invitational" to show both players webcam views synched to each game they played. Xsplit is pretty good software. I want a license!
22 Nov 2012, 12:45 PM

Just record a live VOD on twitch.tv like Ami said...if you are trying to do it easiest way possible
22 Nov 2012, 16:56 PM

There are things both good and bad with both methods.

If you 'stream' your cast and use xsplit you can have overlays/hider and with the use of pre-recorded videos also PiP, but the problem is you then got to have the 'video' for use in PiP done already.

Streaming 1080P without issues also requires a fairly powerful computer and especially upload speed + a xsplit license if you wanna do the fancy things.

The major flaw with doing it the old capture/edit/upload way is that it takes up massive space, but as a HDD (in Sweden atleast) right now cost so little, space is of little concern.

Otherwise editing is superior in this aspect, you dont have to have everything pre-recorded before you go and cast the game (which would ruin the game for yourself cause you would have pre-watched it).
You cast it, then you can take all the time in the world to finish the editing afterwards.

If you don't wanna spend 'tons' of time doing anything fancy on the side, just stream to twitch and upload.
22 Nov 2012, 22:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I guess I'm an A/V snob or something because that screenshot from the stream looks super fuzzy/compressed (mostly in the terrain) compared to FRAPS footage directly from the game. Really though it's kind of a wash - if you have the CPU + bandwidth to stream at high quality then that's about as good as FRAPSing it.
Seb
22 Nov 2012, 23:14 PM
Admin Black Badge

Videos are optimized for motion, taking a screen from a video will always look worse than it actually is (unless the video is not compressed in that regard).
23 Nov 2012, 08:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If you use Dxtory for streaming, then you can also try to do a local recording at the same time. Then you still have all of the stream overlays (logo's scoreboard etc.) and a better quality compared to a direct twitch.tv upload to youtube. Downside is, you need a powerful PC and alot space on your HDD. Oh and then optimize everything with video-editing software and UL to Youtube :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★