Login

russian armor

Next idle infantry/vehicle hotkeys

• This thread is locked
17 Nov 2014, 00:08 AM

I have not been using 'next idle infantry/vehicle' hotkeys since Alt+. and Alt+/ are very uncomfortable. So recently I tried to use my mouse macro buttons instead. Whenever I push them, however, windows sound dings and the screen rotates a bit. I can disable windows sound at least but the screen rotation is too annoying. Is there any way to resolve this problem? I wonder why Relic assigned these awful hotkeys to such an important function.

By the way, 'next infantry/vehicle' buttons would be more useful. It is important to keep track of all units in action, especially in combat, not just idle ones.
17 Nov 2014, 02:06 AM
Patrion 27

I'm not sure why those hotkeys are listed as requiring the use of the Alt key but the reason your screen is rotating is because that is Alts in-game function: camera rotation.

You can reset it with a single or double tap of backspace... anyway, don't bother with alt. Just hit "." and "/" and set your mouse hotkeys to those. It should work fine that way.
17 Nov 2014, 02:37 AM

I'm not sure why those hotkeys are listed as requiring the use of the Alt key but the reason your screen is rotating is because that is Alts in-game function: camera rotation.

You can reset it with a single or double tap of backspace... anyway, don't bother with alt. Just hit "." and "/" and set your mouse hotkeys to those. It should work fine that way.

I know the reason for camera rotation. I set ` as Alt+. with autohotkey and it works fine. The strange thing is that the problem persists when I try to use a mouse button instead of `. It is a bummer because ` is still inconvenient for me.

Oh...I did not know that . and / work by themselves. Unlike Alt+., . itself does not move camera to the selected unit's position. Thanks for the information anyway.
19 Jan 2016, 17:08 PM

Any update on this. I have the exact same problem; a ding when I bind alt / to mouse button. Overloading alt was such a stupid idea given that it is used by windows and also by the game engine to rotate the camera. The only worse control setup I can think of is Fallout 4.
19 Jan 2016, 23:40 PM

I had problems with Logitech's software trying to assign the mousewheel to next idle infantry and retreat.

Saw a youtube video on Stormless' channel I think which covered MouseX. Now works fine for me. IIRC comma cycles through the infantry but doesn't centre the screen on them, ALT + , both cycles and centres.

Pretty useful, though I often forget to use it. :(
6 Mar 2021, 18:20 PM
Donator 11

I have Caps Lock binded to Cycle Idle Infantry + Center + Reset Camera.

1. ALT + .
2. Backspace twice

The issue with this is that it always resets camera. And if you don't include 1 or 2 backspaces, then the ALT will mess up your camera rotation.

ALT + . is the ONLY way to cycle idle infantry.
6 Mar 2021, 22:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sight, check the date.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment