Should there be deflection damages?
Option Distribution Votes
49%
51%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Nov 2014, 10:24 AM
Patrion 14

Styx wait out for IS2. he uses them really recklessly, get his first one killed almost immediately. he gets second and third ones, and he still uses them recklessly.

the problem i see here is that the successive IS2s get almost killed and should be killed in my opinion. but they deflect like 3-4 pak/panther shots sometimes when they are in the verge of death... at least 4 times. at around 38 min mark, one time he charges in front of p4, panther, and two paks; and both is2s get away with a sliver of health bouncing several would-be killing blows.

i think that is bullpudding.

therefore i think there should be at least a small amount of deflection damage to get rid of situations like this where pure luck can have this big of an impact in game.

the reason why i think this way: armour values for heavies and super heavies are too high. and getting away with a sliver of health left with those heavies aren't too rare due to so many shots not penetrating . this would be a way to mitigate that.

thoughts?
16 Nov 2014, 10:54 AM
Donator 33

Deflection damage would make soviet 45mm AT gun OP so i vote no, Kappa
16 Nov 2014, 11:08 AM

I am also against deflection damage but it is indeed bullshit how much russian tanks can get. While zis punches very often through Elefant it bounces a lot on ISU and IS2.that is bullshit
16 Nov 2014, 11:20 AM

I am also against deflection damage but it is indeed bullshit how much russian tanks can get. While zis punches very often through Elefant it bounces a lot on ISU and IS2.that is bullshit

Selective perception.

Elephants have much tougher armor than anything the soviets can field. The axis are also the only faction that have multiple weapons with penetration that exceed even the highest soviet armor value.

16 Nov 2014, 11:20 AM
Patrion 14

well, this wouldnt just help to kill is2 and isu.

it would also help to kill kt and jt with out of atmosphere frontal armour

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 10:54 AMATCF
Deflection damage would make soviet 45mm AT gun OP so i vote no, Kappa

that is a good point.

but i was thinking of deflection damage of like 40 though. so not too great, but enough to punish over-extended heavies/ rightfully punish swarmed heavies. i think it would also mitigate such armor superiority germans have late game in big team games.
16 Nov 2014, 11:21 AM

Permanently Banned
yes there should be deflection damage
16 Nov 2014, 11:23 AM

Yeah thats total crap. Axis paks seems to be very pathetic since last big patch.
16 Nov 2014, 11:56 AM

I just find it lame that it bounces so often and when captured and used against own units is so powerful
16 Nov 2014, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You could always adjust deflection damage for each weapon.
16 Nov 2014, 12:31 PM

Deflection should lower armor strength instead of doing damage.
Fighting against such armored tanks like KT you will get a lot of deflections which could be useful in lowering armor strength so later you could easily penetrate it.
16 Nov 2014, 12:37 PM

There was deflection damage in vCoH. They should implement this in game, but not so radical. For example something like 10% of the base damage. This way AT units like bazooka or 45mm will do small damage and can not be ignored even by heavy tanks, but they only become critical if you let your unit stay under fire.
16 Nov 2014, 13:10 PM

In my opinion, the luck-based penetration formula should be changed to more consistent one. (e.g. World of Tanks) How on earth can 50mm shell penetrate 100mm armor 50%?
16 Nov 2014, 13:17 PM

the elefant has higher armor than any allied vehicle in game.
16 Nov 2014, 14:19 PM

the elefant has higher armor than any allied vehicle in game.

And still ISU is doing such a good damage to the Elephant
16 Nov 2014, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 14:19 PMMettiu

And still ISU is doing such a good damage to the Elephant

Not in the slightest compared to what the Elephant does to the ISU.

At max range, the ISU has 50% chance to do 240 damage on a hit. The Elephant has 100% chance to do 320 damage on a hit.
16 Nov 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 10:24 AMpigsoup

the problem i see here is that the successive IS2s get almost killed and should be killed in my opinion. but they deflect like 3-4 pak/panther shots sometimes when they are in the verge of death... at least 4 times. at around 38 min mark, one time he charges in front of p4, panther, and two paks; and both is2s get away with a sliver of health bouncing several would-be killing blows.

i think that is bullpudding.

therefore i think there should be at least a small amount of deflection damage to get rid of situations like this where pure luck can have this big of an impact in game.

thoughts?

Well, you can look at it from the other way.

What if the IS-2 user had bad luck and all shots penetrated? Should the damage on penetration be lowered then because the IS-2 had died super fast where normally it would have survived twice as long (taking 50% chance to pen to simplify the equation).

Both your and mine example have equally big impacts on the game and both rely on RNG.
16 Nov 2014, 14:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One troll post invised.

Please keep the thread on the straight and narrow, thanks! :)
16 Nov 2014, 14:43 PM

Not in the slightest compared to what the Elephant does to the ISU.

At max range, the ISU has 50% chance to do 240 damage on a hit. The Elephant has 100% chance to do 320 damage on a hit.

Still 240 for not a dedicated AT vehicle with a huge range and huge chance of squad wiping is a SHITLOAD of damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United Kingdom 146
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak