Login

russian armor

2v2 Guard Rifles...sigh

15 Nov 2014, 16:08 PM

Multiple times now in 2v2 my ally has gone with a Guard Rifles doctrine and T1 leading to either T34/85s or ISU-152.

EVERY-TIME we have lost the game due to my ally losing troops at a horrific rate and depending on only his shitty Guard Rifles as AT.

I always go T2 into Maxims plus Zis and either Counterattack Tactics or Soviet Industry. I try to send units over to my ally's side to help him...
Yet somehow they always lose enormous amounts of troops and get pushed back leading to me being flanked. In the current 2v2 meta, they stink and are a horrible MP and Fuel drain, yet several players insist on going for them, because they have seen casts of Pros using them to decent effect.

Last game I had to scream at my ally multiple times to get real AT over just having 1 Guard Rifle squad, since we were approaching P4 time. He builds a T34 several minutes later....and the opponent gets a Tiger tank...GG.

Too many Soviet players stink at using Guard Rifles and T1, instant M3 scout car destruction, Sniper getting caught in the open, or using crappy T34/76s as a counter to multiple Tigers doesn't cut it. Only one time did my ally every get out his call-in tanks and he got both his T34/85s killed chasing down a Panther.

Does anyone have any good strategies/suggestions/stories/rants for these stubborn players who refuse to realize how sub-par Guards and T34/76s are?
15 Nov 2014, 16:27 PM
Patrion 14

this rant type threads don't belong in this section. don't even know if there's a section of coh2.org for rants.

on topic: what can you do? get an at mate.

i recently was playing random because i switched timezone and couldnt play with my normal at mate. got sick of random mates, i had one like you described, so as soon as i sensed a good player, i just asked him to be my partner and then i had an at mate. guess what? he never had at mate before. i think ppl are pretty open on accepting friends request on steam.
15 Nov 2014, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

There are two reasons why ppl do that kind of strat in 2v2. Firstly the T1 guard strat worked really well in 2v2 before guards nerf, even after that we have a thread about this strat beeing op:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/26326/russian-double-sniper-guards

The second thing is that the strat sometimes does wonders in 1v1 and 4v4 (but is really deprecated in 3v3 right now), so it's possible that ppl who play different game modes use it.
15 Nov 2014, 18:04 PM

Plays random teamgames. Rants about random teammates. Continues to play random teamgames.

:guyokay:
15 Nov 2014, 18:09 PM

I always go T2 into Maxims plus Zis and either Counterattack Tactics or Soviet Industry. I try to send units over to my ally's side to help him...

This has nothing to do with guards rifle, and everything to do with the bolded part.
15 Nov 2014, 18:22 PM

Bad ally or your horrible doctrine choice is not a balance problem.

This thread is useless.
15 Nov 2014, 21:13 PM

Whoops I posted this I n tbe wrong sectiln can a mod move this thread to soviet strategies.
15 Nov 2014, 21:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Just tell him to go T2 around the 8 minute mark for ZiS guns. Problem solved.
16 Nov 2014, 00:41 AM

Some people like guards rifles, but it seems he diddent build/invest enuff into them to make them effective.

(Sadly Tank Hunter conscripts are more effective)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★