Login

russian armor

So I tried out axis and the results were surprising

13 Nov 2014, 03:58 AM

Lol just kidding. 2 ost vs sov/usf on Trois Ponts. The early game was pretty rough and we barely held on, digging into our only fuel point but what could they do? They were too far from their base. We just threw troops at them until they had to pull back a bit. I noticed that while my play vs very subpar, it was much easier than as allies to punish their mistakes. My men were friggen marksmen! 3 allied squads close on 3 of my squads and say 1 of theirs retreats? I just focus fire and annihilate them, then pull back my 3 damaged squads because he cannot finish squads off.

In the middle game, it was simply lobbing rocks at each other out of howie and mortar tubes. Strangely, my mortar had very comparable range and damage to his pack howie, despite the pack being twice the cost. We just went back and forth but their middle game advantage was still there and we each entered the late game with 200 VPs, them holding 2 of them.

Turns out the ISU, backed by 2 Jacksons, is a friggen beast. Too much for a tiger. Too much for 2 tigers. But our shreks meant they couldn't just rush in and, more importantly, severely hindered the Jacksons' abilities to support the ISU. If the ISU pushes, we line the tigers up (we both had a tiger). If the Jacksons close, we shrek em or pak em.

So they had 2 options: 1. Fight static and bleed until our overwhelming superiority could be built up. 2. Fight head on and bleed in CQB while our infantry AT did a terrible number on them. If they do this, we can repair our tanks, while the Jacksons must be replaced for full cost.

They did option 1 after a short while. They ticked us below 100 but it was inevitable. Every engagement we damaged them worse than they us. Their indirect fire, while slightly more powerful, was a lot less effective due to our durable units. Eventually we simply moved in with 3 tigers and smashed them. They liberally used ATGs but offmap stukas made short work of that.

So, I guess I'm playing axis, as I did in vCoH.

But vCoH axis was fun. You had to dynamically move your mgs and volks to watch a flank and tech up to your late game ever so carefully. And if you did get to your late game, it was only a slight advantage. If the American had some lasting compensation from the early game (map control) it was dead equal. Now I just hunker down and wait for tigers. GG
13 Nov 2014, 04:05 AM

'trois pont'

/thread
13 Nov 2014, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 04:05 AMHitman5
'trois pont'

/thread

thanks good sir
13 Nov 2014, 06:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 04:05 AMHitman5
'trois pont'

/thread

THIS.
That map is a shock fest.
13 Nov 2014, 07:03 AM

If everyone's talking about Trois Points, let me ask a question.
As axis do you prefer the upper side of the map or the other side (graveyard)?
Me and me mate always try to hold the graveyard but that's heavy because of the heavy Soviet support (120mm, Katjusha, ZiS Barrage, DAMN THEY HAVE SO MUCH EFFECTIVE ARTILLERY!
No wonder they won the war, lol
).

BTT: Trois points is a rather close map. An ISU has some problems here because it can be flanked quite easily. Rushing in with Tigers priorizing the two Jacksons at first will work. If you manage your micro very well you won't even lose one single Tiger.

But +1 what you said about vCoH and the comparison. Hope Relic's gonna fix the über Call In problem soon.
13 Nov 2014, 15:36 PM

We played North. I don't think it really matters. Axis can dig into either fuel point. It's easier to take the left fuel point if you can make a push into the left side, but it's harder to push the left side. Meanwhile its a little easier pushing the right side and getting the ammo, but good luck taking the graveyard

The ultimate problem was that no matter how on the ropes we were, they simply, by little fault of their own, could not seal the deal. We held on with 25% of the map because of the fuel point and caches and us bleeding their MP
13 Nov 2014, 16:17 PM

We played North. I don't think it really matters. Axis can dig into either fuel point. It's easier to take the left fuel point if you can make a push into the left side, but it's harder to push the left side. Meanwhile its a little easier pushing the right side and getting the ammo, but good luck taking the graveyard

The ultimate problem was that no matter how on the ropes we were, they simply, by little fault of their own, could not seal the deal. We held on with 25% of the map because of the fuel point and caches and us bleeding their MP

Yeah im about to just say fuck it and start playing okw....I'm just so tired of working so hard for them to just rofl stomp you with no tactics in the end
raw
13 Nov 2014, 16:28 PM

But our shreks meant they couldn't just rush in

I am amazed, someone who understands how to play german.
13 Nov 2014, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2014, 16:28 PMraw

I am amazed, someone who understands how to play german.

lol...
13 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

Permanently Banned
How to win on Trois Pont as Axis

Step 1: Play OKW
Step 2: Get Stuka zu Fuss
Step 3: Kill everything

:snfBarton:
13 Nov 2014, 17:27 PM

Playing 2v2 as the Soviets recently, after playing a lot as the OKW, the Axis really can come back in a nasty way. Even with us controlling both fuels the Wher always find a way to get a Tiger tank out.
13 Nov 2014, 17:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

How to win on Trois Pont as Axis

Step 1: Play OKW
Step 2: Get Stuka zu Fuss
Step 3: Kill everything

:snfBarton:

You miss some steps like barbwire the graveyard early on. Then you just need to keep the pressure and harassing the other island since you need to put little to none mp to defend half of the map.
14 Nov 2014, 14:01 PM

Playing 2v2 as the Soviets recently, after playing a lot as the OKW, the Axis really can come back in a nasty way. Even with us controlling both fuels the Wher always find a way to get a Tiger tank out.

You can say the same about Soviets. Many times we controlled both fuel points and out of nowhere they pull out a ISU.
14 Nov 2014, 14:12 PM

Heavies need a popcap and cmd point boost, they are far too common and numerous in games which generally become instantly boring once they arrive on the field.
14 Nov 2014, 15:09 PM

This map is just blessing for OKW. Go with stormpio to the fuel point. Make wires (wires don't need to be complet to be effective...) between walls and congrats! You just have 3-5mins of peace at your fuel point so you can push allies one!

And Jadgtiger can rule on this map.
14 Nov 2014, 15:29 PM

So I tried out Allies once and the results were surprising.

ISU 1 shots all infantry.
Soviet snipers - nuff said.
Shock troops - nuff said.
Penal Flamer M3 wiping everything on retreat.
120mm mortar 1 shots squads all day.
B4 1 shots everything all day.
P47 1 shots vehicles all day - or crashes into my army and 1 shots it.
LMG Paras - nuff said.
BAR Rifles - nuff said.
Scotts 1 shot squads all day.
Jacksons are crazy good (I love them, Relic pls don't nerf them).

Blah blah.

Sorry dude but this thread is seriously pointless. Play both factions - it's good for you.

P.S. - Allies have the advantage in 2v2, sorry to break your little bubble.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 76
unknown 24
unknown 0
United States 25
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L