Login

russian armor

The turn around

12 Nov 2014, 15:47 PM
Patrion 14

Hey guys,

I love this game, at the moment the balance IMO is pretty good.
There's just one thing bothering me, playing against the Tiger Ace it's AI abilities are to strong IMO.

I played this game just now 1 vs 1, my opponent used it as a get out of jail free card. It's really frustrating playing against it.

The point is, if you pressure the opponent alot on the fuel points or gain good map control, you're forcing them to build more infantry. When that happens you need to get AI. Counter to counter etc. It's really frustrating when the opponent gets this unit nullifying your AI and forcing you to get AT wich doesn't help against his/her existing infantry.
In short it nullifies the US all around unit composition.

Anyway, I was wondering what's your opinion of this unit, please give me some tips as well how to counter.
Don't really like always relying on Para doc all the time.

Please have a look at the replay

http://www.coh2.org/replay/26907/tiger-ace-frustrating

Edit: made 2 threads, sorry bout that
12 Nov 2014, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Crossing in the Woods is one of the trickiest maps for USF, and probably one of the best maps for Ostheer/Werhmacht. Also Tiger Ace is incredibly strong vs USF, since they are so reliant on Rifles, which the Ace just shreds in seconds. USF is also in general a pretty difficult faction to play.

I'd consider vetoing Crossing in the Woods next time you automatch, since MG42s and PaKs are so strong there.

As far as countering the Ace, the only real option is to just try and lure it into a trap and spring all of your AT on it at once, and not let it get away. M20 mine can crit it's engine. P47s should deal some decent damage, combos great with a M20 mine. Other than that, just smart Jackson/57mm play. If you get it into a spot where you can trap it, you can use a Sherman to come from behind it and block it's reverse path.
12 Nov 2014, 17:27 PM

The tiger ace is destroying the resource system and the balance sice it's release. I is frustrating to loose after you controlled the entire map for the most part of the game.
12 Nov 2014, 19:15 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for the replies guys, thanks for the tips as well Sneakking. Will buy m20 whenever I think ace is arriving.

Still it's hard to overcome with good micro, you have to be on top of your game while at the same time the Ace side gets alot more leverage.
IMO you need to take to much precaution whenever the ace arrives.

Perhaps it's only on these small maps that the ace really shines. The problem is that the only soft counter US has is the Jackson, though only when it gains at least vet 2. Which is hard to get because of it having no AI abilities and the Ace is mostly used as a last resort.
12 Nov 2014, 19:29 PM

I also don't know why all the heavies cost a lot of fuel but the tiger ace not a single litre. Doesn't make sense.
12 Nov 2014, 19:34 PM

@Highfiveee Tiger ace has the resource penalty.. But its still kinda bullshit, pull a tiger ace if you have lost your panzer IVs :p
13 Nov 2014, 01:41 AM

The Ace is not unbeatable and the drawbacks of it do hurt. It's cheese yes.

Here's how I fight it: Usually in those sort of games, I've gone rifle company. A pair of E8s are probably on the field already. So I build a Jackson and an ATG to support them and use the E8s to parry the Ace as best I can in the meantime. If he pops the Ace in an equal game, just drop. But you lost there anyway.

So what I do is start pulling back and using my E8s to slow the Ace's advance and try to lure him into the traps I start laying. Alternatively, situation permitting, I'll pop a 3rd E8, bait his units out a little so theyre not so well positioned, then rush him with all my units and some arty.

If I'm not rifle, it's probably gg unless I have some Jacksons on the field. If I do, the rule of 3 continues to apply...3 fucking jacksons for the Ace. 4 if he has other tanks on the field.
13 Nov 2014, 02:08 AM

I posted about the stupid cheap Tiger Ace being nonsense before and a bunch of people posted "Durr we have talked about it plenty of times before which means it is fine". As if that logically follows at all.

So you know, enjoy those inevitable posts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 60
Korea, Republic Of 20
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak