Login

russian armor

Improving the 4v4 Allied playerbase

11 Nov 2014, 19:47 PM

New motto guys - l2allies
11 Nov 2014, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 18:20 PMNinjaWJ

wait what....

I forgot to add that when you see quadruple OKW players you know you can safely go B4. Four OKW is a lot weaker than three OKW + one Ostheer building fuel caches, bunkers and killing all your stationary artilleries. :foreveralone:
11 Nov 2014, 20:57 PM

I forgot to add that when you see quadruple OKW players you know you can safely go B4. Four OKW is a lot weaker than three OKW + one Ostheer building fuel caches, bunkers and killing all your stationary artilleries. :foreveralone:

i wasnt sure if there was a negative statement directed at me... heh

thanks for the advice. i will do that next time i see 4 OKW :D
11 Nov 2014, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 20:57 PMNinjaWJ

i wasnt sure if there was a negative statement directed at me... heh

thanks for the advice. i will do that next time i see 4 OKW :D

Hehe, well. I still think you shouldn't play with people who are ready to quit even before the game starts. Don't be afraid of people with silly names like "PzAbt", "OKW", "SS Battailon I suck", lots of okwokwostheerostheeraxisaxis in their names and so on. The vast majority of them suck really bad. You can see in their play style that a lot of them are used to play against newbies (which most Allies are unfortunately). They put up bunkers and trucks on places where it might work really well to easily force off unexperienced players.

But when dat coordinated flank comes they stand with their pants down when their first truck is destroyed before it even sets up and they instantly rage quit. Oh that feeling. :snfBarton:
12 Nov 2014, 20:23 PM

City 17 bottom VP and fuel still blatantly imbalanced for Allies. Well played Relic you incompetent fools!
13 Nov 2014, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 20:23 PMNinjaWJ
City 17 bottom VP and fuel still blatantly imbalanced for Allies. Well played Relic you incompetent fools!

A risky strategy on right side of City 17 is having one player go Urban Defense. If left side is crushing their opponents you can often force a surrender quite quickly. Against really good Axis players I'd suggest you to go 120MM mortars (Guard Motor) and the other player goes B4/ISU depending on the Ostheer player's commander selection. If you see anything with a Stuka Bombing Strike - Go ISU.

Remember that it is always good to change focus, you can always go left and mid, you actually don't need to push the right fuel all the time since there's a VP in the mid.
14 Nov 2014, 15:30 PM

It would be interesting to see a larger sample size of player ranks, two examples is not really much to go on.

Though if true I do have feeling that the large gap in the rankings between Axis and Allied is because Axis are favoured in team games. Any one with experience would know that you put yourself at a disadvantage playing allied especially with random people, hence the large discrepancy in the player search numbers. Experienced players know 4v4 is not a fair fight so why pick the losing team? This is really a symptom of the balance in team games.
16 Nov 2014, 01:18 AM
Donator 11

Great post.
Hopefully we will see more player joining clans - which is a prerequisite to better 4v4 allies play.
17 Nov 2014, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 01:18 AMGoldora
Great post.
Hopefully we will see more player joining clans - which is a prerequisite to better 4v4 allies play.

hopefully they will balance towards some of the 3v3 and 4v4 crowd. It is tough being an Allied player there
18 Nov 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 01:18 AMGoldora
Great post.

I am a newish player, would like some advice on how to find a clan/team for trying 4x4 as allies (us)
18 Nov 2014, 16:09 PM

I am a newish player, would like some advice on how to find a clan/team for trying 4x4 as allies (us)

www.taw.net

stcgaming.info

www.thefogclan.org
18 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM
Patrion 14

18 Nov 2014, 21:07 PM

We at Stormcloud are in a transitional phase concerning our site/ts server. We will have it sorted by next week. Nothing is down, just contract expires. But lummel is correct.
19 Nov 2014, 03:24 AM

Axis tanks have ridiculous armor... it's a pain in the ass to deal with. The Allies have such a such a massive AT difference. The only crude but somewhat effective way is to spam ISUs or to have a critical mass of tanks before those Axis tanks come out. Vet 3 SU85 can do the trick... if it gets there.

Let's hope Relic does something about 3v3 and 4v4. THey have acknowledged the issues with those game modes and even adjusted the OKW economy, but the blatant imbalance is still there.
20 Nov 2014, 15:24 PM

So I finally tried to play a few 4X4 multiplayer, mostly as US as I just prefer the look of them. Here are my impressions.

The most notable match against the Axis, we had 2 Soviet and 2 US players on my team. We were doing pretty well, even with a noob like me on the team. I'd say we were just about ahead in fact....

Right until I saw the King Tiger!

"GG"

This thing with a blob of Panzerschrek-firing infantry slowly advanced from one edge of the map to the other, destroying everything in it's path. I personally lost 2 shermans, 2 jacksons and a wolverine trying to kill this thing. Even flanking with the Shermans didn't work, they did no damage at all, and my poor Jacksons and wolverine seem to explode as soon anything so much as gives them a funny look.

Even my vastly more competant teammates fared little better.

The second match, a similar thing happened, and then the third, at which point I just quit as soon as I saw the first KT.

Even as a noob it's clear to me that US are horribly underpowered, with no ability to kill German heavy armour, and no unit that can soak up damage while your fragile as glass tank destroyers try to score some hits.

In my humble opinion the US is in dire need of a heavy unit. The US needs the Pershing.

P.S> I also played matches as Ostheer, lost those too. :D
20 Nov 2014, 16:36 PM

and no unit that can soak up damage while your fragile as glass tank destroyers try to score some hits.

If you have some co-ordination on the team, a team-mate can stick a KV1 in front of your Jacksons to absorb shots, give sight and block rushes. The B4 in the same doctrine also helps a lot.
However, what you described is generally how 4v4 matches play out.
21 Nov 2014, 04:47 AM

the fact that you can get a KT and a JT with obers or schreck volk support is insane. You can't poke your head out to find his KT without gettig slammed by Jts and schrecks.
21 Nov 2014, 19:24 PM

So I finally tried to play a few 4X4 multiplayer, mostly as US as I just prefer the look of them. Here are my impressions.

The most notable match against the Axis, we had 2 Soviet and 2 US players on my team. We were doing pretty well, even with a noob like me on the team. I'd say we were just about ahead in fact....

Right until I saw the King Tiger!

"GG"

This thing with a blob of Panzerschrek-firing infantry slowly advanced from one edge of the map to the other, destroying everything in it's path. I personally lost 2 shermans, 2 jacksons and a wolverine trying to kill this thing. Even flanking with the Shermans didn't work, they did no damage at all, and my poor Jacksons and wolverine seem to explode as soon anything so much as gives them a funny look.

Even my vastly more competant teammates fared little better.

The second match, a similar thing happened, and then the third, at which point I just quit as soon as I saw the first KT.

Even as a noob it's clear to me that US are horribly underpowered, with no ability to kill German heavy armour, and no unit that can soak up damage while your fragile as glass tank destroyers try to score some hits.

In my humble opinion the US is in dire need of a heavy unit. The US needs the Pershing.

P.S> I also played matches as Ostheer, lost those too. :D

if your are going to face heavy german armor as US you either need to build a lot of jacksons and have good micro with them by keeping infantry with BARs around to kill those volks with schrecks that get close to the jacksons and even obers cause vetted up rifleman with BARs can stand up to obers if they have them out numbered or use AT guns covered by some infantry and maybe a sherman or 2 just to take some hits from the KT while those AT guns do work with there AP ability
23 Nov 2014, 04:59 AM

the USF faction is almost designed for the requirement of building atleast 1 cache in the first 5 minutes. If you dont make a fuel cache you'll have nothing to build except 5 riflemen in a row until you have enough fuel for the LT (and if you did something like buy grenades or buy an amnbulence, you might need to be getting a 6th or 7th riflemen because of fuel block).

I almost always build a fuel cache after the 2nd rifleman comes out. If not i then do a munitions cache so i can throw lots of grenades.

Nothing is a worse idea than just making a rifleman swarm and literally building nothing else.
23 Nov 2014, 08:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Nothing is a worse idea than just making a rifleman swarm and literally building nothing else.

Sounds like a good idea to me :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS