Login

russian armor

Fixing War Spoils - By HelpingHans

and
9 Nov 2014, 19:35 PM

Remove bulletins. They serve no purpose.
9 Nov 2014, 20:35 PM

For starters the drop rate is still way too low and the drops themselves are in no way reflected by the contribution of players.

The bolded words are so true. Why is Relic so stingy with war spoils? You cannot be stingy with low value items you have to be generous. You can be stingy if every drop is great.

The other problem you mention here is the hard part. I really like some of your suggestions, but I wonder if it would just be easier to give credits for damage, wins, and kills, and then just let the player "buy" the content they want.
9 Nov 2014, 21:58 PM
Donator 11

Biggest problem with the system imo is there is nothing interesting to win, i give zero fucks about bulletins. They are hardly noticable and just plain boring. Skins is the only thing of value but when you already have a skin for all vehicles the rest is so similiar you just don't care anymore. Victory strikes is just.... something explodes when you win... eerh why even care?

Unique logos on tanks, new sounds, unique uniforms or new base buildings... thats what would make me excited to win.
9 Nov 2014, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 21:58 PMspajn
i give zero fucks about bulletins.

Unique logos on tanks, new sounds, unique uniforms or new base buildings... thats what would make me excited to win.

That is a hard fact for me, and I think for others too..
Who gives a single *PIEP* about cons shooting 0.02 faster?

9 Nov 2014, 23:17 PM

You should had run the experiment a couple of times.

and a couple times without any bulletin..
10 Nov 2014, 02:13 AM

Still waiting for that newish Rear Echo bulletin...
10 Nov 2014, 05:07 AM

Hans' suggestion sounds a bit like the old ways where you needed to use units to get bulletins for them except that you don't have to grind as much as before where you needed to kill 100 of something or the other.. I'm not saying it's bad but something new and more effective would be better.
10 Nov 2014, 08:27 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That is a hard fact for me, and I think for others too..
Who gives a single *PIEP* about cons shooting 0.02 faster?

I agree I personally don't care much for the bulletins only the ones that effect the appearance of units. Playing to get a unique camo for an infantry squad or tank would be much more enjoyable.
10 Nov 2014, 09:02 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 05:07 AMMVwhine
Hans' suggestion sounds a bit like the old ways where you needed to use units to get bulletins for them except that you don't have to grind as much as before where you needed to kill 100 of something or the other.. I'm not saying it's bad but something new and more effective would be better.

Remember the faster fire-rate bulletin for the Soviet 45mm AT gun?, you had to kill 5 Tigers with them ( there was also the Kill 5 heavy tanks with panzerfausts for Grenadiers) :snfPeter:
10 Nov 2014, 17:45 PM
Donator 11

You should had run the experiment a couple of times.

we did, we tried it with 1, 2 and 3 conscripts and several times. the side with bulletins won every time. it never hurts to have the RNG-god on your side :D
10 Nov 2014, 17:51 PM
Donator 11

we did, we tried it with 1, 2 and 3 conscripts and several times. the side with bulletins won every time. it never hurts to have the RNG-god on your side :D

Which infantry bulletins were you using if you don't mind me asking?
10 Nov 2014, 17:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 17:51 PMBIG RON

Which infantry bulletins were you using if you don't mind me asking?

+3% accuracy
-5% cooldown
-2% reload -2% cooldown

those are currently the best ones, IF the accuracy bulletins do not stack
that is a little less than 10% damage-increase, which is actually pretty good

not as good as the early bulletins, which were really overpowered
the 5% damage increase and the two 6% health increases and your infantry shredded the enemy, if he didnt have the same bulletins :D
10 Nov 2014, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

+3% accuracy
-5% cooldown
-2% reload -2% cooldown

those are currently the best ones, IF the accuracy bulletins do not stack
that is a little less than 10% damage-increase, which is actually pretty good

not as good as the early bulletins, which were really overpowered
the 5% damage increase and the two 6% health increases and your infantry shredded the enemy, if he didnt have the same bulletins :D

Nice, that's exactly what I use, its good to know its actually makes a difference. Thanks for the info :)
10 Nov 2014, 21:35 PM

Still waiting for that newish Rear Echo bulletin...

Which one are you referring to? I got doubles of a RE bulletin, each one is 2% cooldown between shots and 1% increase in accuarcy... kinda lame and doesn't seem to do much, even if stacked.
10 Nov 2014, 22:23 PM

So after a long an arduous match with the Ostruppen commander, I receive through war spoils.... the Ostruppen commander.

I've been too frustrated at the game to play again. Especially since it was one of two commanders I'd already spent money on, along with the assault grenadier commander.

This is my biggest problem with the current system. I bought a couple commanders and skins recently and each time almost talked myself out of it thinking "what if I get it in a drop next match?" Eliminating duplicate drops (AT LEAST for purchasable items) might convince more people to drop 6 USD on DLC if they were sure their purchase wouldn't be invalidated by their next drop.

It's a double-edged sword currently, a recent tedious 70-minute loss would have made me tired of COH2 for a while but I got the Fortifications Doc as a drop and felt motivated to play more. But if I had just bought that commander the day before and it dropped, that probably would have been the end of COH2 for me for a while.

Also yes the drop rate seems a bit infrequent but that's a shady complaint for free content delivery. I love the thought of influencing your drops by your unit/strategy usage though.
10 Nov 2014, 22:36 PM

I actually bought the dlc commanders for the usf and have received every single one of them in war spoils drops since then. I've actually gotten a couple of them twice. I have only been dropped one commander for other forces and am pretty irritated with Relic for the way this system has been implemented. I've recently been playing with Wher and OKW, and refuse to buy a single commander for them, because as soon as I were to buy one, they'll start dropping. I'm also tired of the useless bulletins. Drop more skins!

Screw you guys that designed war spoils. I want my $'s back for those commanders!
11 Nov 2014, 13:40 PM
Patrion 310

it's not racist. what you mean is discriminating. It has nothing to do with 'races'.
Anyway. I think the mainpoint for excluding it from SP is that bulletins can be farmed. And by the way...what is the use of +4% less reloadtime when youre COMPstomping. REALLY?

I'd like to continue with this discussion, since I think it's relevant. I think War Spoils should be unlocked in a logical way and not double. They should unlock with each level. They should also be MP only. In skirmish some are relevant and of course can be used there, but not unlocked.

Thanks mods for again, moderating something without appropriately explaining yourself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment