Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadiers with schrecks and general stuff

Vaz
2 Nov 2014, 20:28 PM

kafrion, you have SOME valid points here. Mostly it's L2P though. There is a problem with shreks right now in relation to bazooka. Bazooka costs more and delivers less.

The suckiness of the .50 HMG is valid. It's expensive and shitty.

The .50 on the Sherman is bad ass.

Beating shrek PG's with Sherman just takes good judgement. If you don't force retreat on them after your at half health, then retreat for repairs and come back. Use HE rounds, they work. I like to combine everything you think sucks though. I put the .50 cal on, I get the HE rounds on, and then I run their asses over. One of those 3 is going to result in 4 dead dudes. Watch Romeo's stream and you will see how little an issue pgrens are for Shermans.

The call-in meta is a general problem the community has, so expect that to be addresses sometime soon.
2 Nov 2014, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 20:28 PMVaz
kafrion, you have SOME valid points here. Mostly it's L2P though. There is a problem with shreks right now in relation to bazooka. Bazooka costs more and delivers less.

The suckiness of the .50 HMG is valid. It's expensive and shitty.

The .50 on the Sherman is bad ass.

Beating shrek PG's with Sherman just takes good judgement. If you don't force retreat on them after your at half health, then retreat for repairs and come back. Use HE rounds, they work. I like to combine everything you think sucks though. I put the .50 cal on, I get the HE rounds on, and then I run their asses over. One of those 3 is going to result in 4 dead dudes. Watch Romeo's stream and you will see how little an issue pgrens are for Shermans.

The call-in meta is a general problem the community has, so expect that to be addresses sometime soon.

Vaz first of all let me be clear hear , but i do use the he shells , wouldnt make the thread if i wasnt .

and trust me i do back my sherman off when its at half health against pgrens the problem with that shermans is that pgrens get fast vet with schrecks and even faster with elite commander and soon you just cant land a shot on them
2 Nov 2014, 23:33 PM

Vaz first of all let me be clear hear , but i do use the he shells , wouldnt make the thread if i wasnt .

and trust me i do back my sherman off when its at half health against pgrens the problem with that shermans is that pgrens get fast vet with schrecks and even faster with elite commander and soon you just cant land a shot on them

ehm. i guess im bursting your bubble here, when i tell you that recieved accuracy doesnt do much vs tanks with explosive weapons. they rarely hit models anyways. they basically always miss, but scatter (preferably low) and aoe make them kill things inspite of that
2 Nov 2014, 23:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

ehm. i guess im bursting your bubble here, when i tell you that recieved accuracy doesnt do much vs tanks with explosive weapons. they rarely hit models anyways. they basically always miss, but scatter (preferably low) and aoe make them kill things inspite of that

Tin tin tin...we have a winner.
2 Nov 2014, 23:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Short version: Sherman vs PGs

HE > PG with shrecks. The attrition will be in your favour. You don't have to worry about the PG rather than the pak supporting them.

SV: fighting Tiger/TA

If there is only 1 tank in play, you should be winning the mp battle with your tanks. Just be careful at the CPs and be ready to have AT in the form of
If LT: put mines. Getting a late M20 is worth it since mines win games.
If Cpt: get double ATG
If Airborne: save munition for P47

USF play is "weak" late game without proper micro. But against OH, it compensates greatly during early-midgame. You have enough AI wiping capabilities to make up for his LMG grens.

In the last game i played i had 2 vet 3 schrepgrens charge a 3 easy8s and a sherman with he all of them upgraded , i ended up loosing the sherman and i didnt get even one of his fucking units in retreat because of the ridiculous modifiers they get when vetted

Read what spam r33k wrote. Also, replay or didn't happen. Or something else may have happen.

Wall of text with different issues.

Theres still things to solve but everything is not as grim as you point it out.
3 Nov 2014, 00:16 AM

reality disproves you i ve seen plenty of shots missing by a mile not much aoe can do when the shot crashes at a distance from the sqaud , ofc the recieved accuracy plays a role , its not like every shot that doesnt hit the target crashes immediately next to them and i am pretty sure that accuracy does play a role for the top gunner mg
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 01:31 AM

He's right Kafrion, you have to understand the way the game treats ballistics to get the whole picture. You will have some wacky shots that will fly off to the other side of map. That has something to do with the way they implemented scatter angles in one of the patches, because it wasn't always that way.

Only recently have we had these super crazy shots that go way off screen somewhere. Back on topic though, it basically means that you can ignore the PG vet. It literally has no effect on a tank shell hitting them. If your shots are missing, you may be too far away. Get in closer and the shots that scatter on a farther angle will have less time to move away from the intended target, resulting in a hit.

It also helps a lot if you have more than 1 vehicle (any kind will do, as long as it's fast), that way you can push the sqaud around or crush them with 1 and use HE with the Sherman. Units being pushed can't fire. HE rounds have super low penetration, so even if your using something like an m20 to push, chances of penetration are low.

Also, don't forget your smoke launchers. 30mu and you can shoot off long distance smoke wherever you want. Cover them in smoke and go in for the crush, then mop up with HE. Smoke launchers are also a good way to get rid of paks. They can't fire through the smoke and if they move, they are basically dead too. Keep in mind, you only need to give the command to launch the smoke, once activated you can move the tank and it will fire the smoke on the move. You should be able to queue the commands and it will maximize the efficiency of firing smoke on the move.
3 Nov 2014, 02:03 AM

TL;DR Axis OP - Allies UP rage thread.

Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 02:09 AM

Oh your not here to troll for once? Must be a cold day in hell today.
3 Nov 2014, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 02:09 AMVaz
Oh your not here to troll for once? Must be a cold day in hell today.
Lolz you think I'm not trolling now?

The QQ in this thread is real. Real friggen sad. Axis were never really "OP" ever. Barring each units high pop cap, fuel, manpower, teching costs. Then the fact that they are fewer than their Allied counterpart.
3 Nov 2014, 02:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 02:43 AMSierra

The QQ in this thread is real. Real friggen sad. Axis were never really "OP" ever. Barring each units high pop cap, fuel, manpower, teching costs. Then the fact that they are fewer than their Allied counterpart.

Sponsored by Daneland. :snfPeter:
3 Nov 2014, 03:03 AM

Sponsored by Daneland. :snfPeter:

CLEANSE THE FILTH VONIVAN!!!
3 Nov 2014, 03:17 AM

reality disproves you i ve seen plenty of shots missing by a mile not much aoe can do when the shot crashes at a distance from the sqaud , ofc the recieved accuracy plays a role , its not like every shot that doesnt hit the target crashes immediately next to them and i am pretty sure that accuracy does play a role for the top gunner mg

small weapons as the pintle mg indeed suffer from -recieved accuracy modifiers, but again the role it plays when it comes to the weapons of most tanks its rather insignificant:

this for example:

Accuracy far:
Accuracy near:

is the accuracy of the sherman with HE shells. at best it has a 5% chance to hit a model (close range and not moving). so even a high rec acc mod wont do that much to that number. scatter is what decides how far off your shot is when it misses. it might miss the model and land in the middle of the squad and still wipe it. even though it actually missed
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 03:53 AM

yep, that's why you always want to aim at the squad with the most moddels in the middle of a blob. Your going to hit something :D
3 Nov 2014, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 02:43 AMSierra

I hear there is some pudding on the bar please do us the favor and help yourself to it

small weapons as the pintle mg indeed suffer from -recieved accuracy modifiers, but again the role it plays when it comes to the weapons of most tanks its rather insignificant:

i beg to differ in that one , its the way tanks get a lot of kills on squads that are low on health and typically thats what happening in retreat , even panthers with the top mg42 get lots of conscripts and rifle kills when they are on low health
3 Nov 2014, 07:53 AM

I think it all goes back to one thing: The call in problem. All 4 factions (specially allies) are able to stall and just float resources then call in some pretty good units.
Despite that, remember that Pgrens are only effective when you blob them and they are not good versus infantry when upgraded with schrecks, so use indirect fire, HMGs, and off map arty (WP for example) to force them to retreat. Sherman dozer also does wonders against blobs.
3 Nov 2014, 10:33 AM

Schrecks are weaker than ever, since the penultimate patch. That greatly decreased their accuracy on range.

The latest patch decreased the dps and veterancy-accumulation of Paks.

Ostheer AT has never been weaker. Suddenly Schrecks need to be decreased in performance (again).

I disagree.
3 Nov 2014, 11:02 AM

Schrecks are weaker than ever, since the penultimate patch. That greatly decreased their accuracy on range.

The latest patch decreased the dps and veterancy-accumulation of Paks.

Ostheer AT has never been weaker. Suddenly Schrecks need to be decreased in performance (again).

I disagree.

+1. Allies whiners will never stop until the all mighty search rate is 80/20 in their favor though. Pathetic.
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 11:06 AM

Shreks vs vehicles does not need a nerf performance wise. They do a good job and miss every now and then. The problem is bazooka being garbage and costing the same as good performing shrek.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 74
unknown 26
United States 13
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %