Login

russian armor

US viable again?

2 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM

Wut?

Jacksons do huge damage against ANY axis tank, they destroy axis med tanks with ease. IF used correctly(!). Thats is keep them at max range and keep them supported.

Tell me my life Dear Sir!
2 Nov 2014, 16:24 PM

Lol if positioned well the Panther will be shot at by the Jackson + AT gun, 2nd jackson or whatelse and be scared away.

+ if he closes in he is prone to engine dmg.

The only weakness of USF is that they lack good mines to cover from flanks.

Your "positioned well" Jackson and AT guns get easily dislodged by shrek blob or Pak 40 screened by Grenadiers plus smoke & shock blocking buildings that allow Panther to easily close the distance, your only protection being praying M8A1 RNG god don't hate you. US late game combo of Rifle/Para+M8A1+Jackson is far more fuel and micro intensive than Panther+shrek blob & obers or Panther/Tiger+Grenadier/Pak40/MG.
2 Nov 2014, 17:30 PM

USF' late game still sucks hard.
Still can't do anything against well-microed snipers and Mg + Pak wall.
Vet 5 OKW units still rape them.
Kübels are still a huge problem.

Not true.

USF late game is very micro demanding so if you don't have high enough micro maybe this is not a faction for you.

Use smoke to approach enemy positions. Seriously I have no idea why no one is doing this especially when you consider how effective this is.

Kubel is not a problem at all. You can flank it easily and latter you have either AA truck or a Stuart to deal with it.

Fast tech to AA truck followed up by quick Sherman is still very potent. Also use these armour piercing rounds god dammit! Again no one uses these.
2 Nov 2014, 17:39 PM

I think they are in 1v1's
2 Nov 2014, 19:50 PM

They are viable but still UP. The bazookas really are the weakest link though. Fix zooks and the USF middle game suddenly has the punch its supposed to have. The problem is that OKW puma simply comes to luck. Hits an m20 mine and USF wins. Doesn't hit the mine and USF can't do much. Puma is effective even against medium tanks. Puma + shrek negates tanks.
2 Nov 2014, 20:27 PM

Permanently Banned
in 1v1's they are good. 2v2's and above they have issues. Jackson will lose to panther every time.

jackson has 60 range, panther has 50. With panther eccelration, speed, and vision. plus blitz. it rapes jacksons.

Jackson is RNG based unit. sometimes it rapes. others it cant pen vet p4's with skirts

id say buff jackson pen. and give usf elite troops in t4
2 Nov 2014, 20:44 PM

USF stands a fighting chance only with airborne commander anything else is just gg , and even with airborne you need to be a lot better or luckier than your opponent to beat him . Also i lol at people justifying the strong USF start to justify their weak late game , because from what we know coh2 is a game that doesnt facilitate comebacks . If your opponent doesnt give in he always stands a chance of winning with grens pgrens and paks and the later the game goes and the vet accumulates the less chances you have at winning it .

Other than that shermans and easy8s are just jokes as for the jackson all it taks for it to die is a pak and its good only agains p4s without vet , which is problem since you dont see p4s with the heavy tank stallling we see these days and therefore your jackson wont have vet unless you get really lucky and kill some puma
2 Nov 2014, 21:00 PM

Nope, not at all.

Lacks mortars and viable on-map arty.

Still no non-doctrinal elite infantry

No late game at all, Jackson is too RNG based, even with HVAP rounds it struggles with the Panthers front armour, which it should have no problem penetrating.

Obers/falls + Shrek blob > all USF infantry

No real counter to a 5min PUMA/ 8min Obers
2 Nov 2014, 21:05 PM

USF is fine right now.

The only thing that needs a buff right now is perhaps bazookas. Everything else is fine.

EDIT : Maybe the 0.50 cal too
2 Nov 2014, 21:10 PM

Nope, not at all.

Lacks mortars and viable on-map arty.

Still no non-doctrinal elite infantry

No late game at all, Jackson is too RNG based, even with HVAP rounds it struggles with the Panthers front armour, which it should have no problem penetrating.

Obers/falls + Shrek blob > all USF infantry

No real counter to a 5min PUMA/ 8min Obers

I think he talking about 1v1's. In teamgames as USF you indeed will close support from a soviet teammate, so dont play with randoms. In 1v1's USF is really viable atm.
3 Nov 2014, 00:29 AM

Kubel is not a problem at all. You can flank it easily and latter you have either AA truck or a Stuart to deal with it.

Unless your opponent isn't paying attention, how do you flank something that has no setup time and is much faster than infantry squads? Playing as OKW, I've never really had much trouble keeping my Kubelwagen from getting flanked, and as US, I find my opponents use the Kubel as I would - they back it up a little bit and then it suppresses the flanking squad. Is that good micro from the OKW? Yeah, but even with good micro, the US doesn't have anything that is effective against the Kubel until the M20 arrives...

At least that's been my experience, and why I'm not a huge US fan anymore and prefer to stick with OKW these days. If anybody's got tips on how to counter Kubels before the M20 arrives I'd be interested in hearing them.
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 02:17 AM

Countering kubels without smoke grenades is pretty much entirely map dependent. You can deter it defensively if your ok with limited expansion for a short time, using a fighting position with RE. I think it takes like 3 or 4 of those grenades to destroy kubel. Houses and Heavy cover can be used smartly. Ultimately though, the map has to have enough room to allow flanking. Semoisky is like the best kubel map and even in coh1 it was common for mg locks to occur. You have to be able to split your forces in 2 or 3 different paths and attack all around. If the map doesn't facilitate that, then it will be tough.
3 Nov 2014, 02:25 AM

its so so. Its late game still fails hard vs Obers and Axis heavy tanks. Combine arms fail vs OKW due to ober blobs and stuka.
3 Nov 2014, 03:14 AM

I feel that there needs to be a slight rework of the tiers
3 Nov 2014, 08:31 AM

USF vs OStheer: mg + lmg spam is still a issue with how works lmg. Otherwise, it's pretty much balanced.

USF vs OKW: OKW has better early game and if the player doesn't screw up his advantage can transition in a fast PUMA / Ober + Luch and its almost gg. USF spend his all game trying to fulfill the gap until it's too late and daddy's big tiger hit the field.

I have been watching some USF/OKW games and I have seen funny things that make me thing OKW in good hands would never lose vs USF.

My last hope for USF is that Relic redesigns that faction with AA. If not, I'll probably going to play Sov a lot more.
3 Nov 2014, 09:39 AM

Viable but a lot harder to play than axis. Without a perfect micro late game is crap. So considering that, you have to win totally early to be able to do something after. Againt same level player (or just careful player), even if early game is good, you don't win that much
3 Nov 2014, 10:18 AM

I really like them, and I'm starting to play more with them, than with the Soviets. I think they really lack serious AT, because that Jackson isn't cutting the deal when you're up against KT/JT + Stuka.

JT just kills everything armored, so when you go heavy AT, the Stuka will just tear everything apart.
4 Nov 2014, 03:36 AM

Mortar Half Tracks, Jackson's, and hoards of M1919 Riflemen have been doing the trick for me, assuming

a) I haven't been swamped early game, and

b) the enemy doesn't build that massive PaK on a choke point.
4 Nov 2014, 03:54 AM

Mortar Half Tracks

You may be the only person I've ever met who says the USF mortar ht is working well for them
4 Nov 2014, 04:10 AM

Mortar Half Tracks, Jackson's, and hoards of M1919 Riflemen have been doing the trick for me, assuming

a) I haven't been swamped early game, and

b) the enemy doesn't build that massive PaK on a choke point.

In all the time I've used the Infantry commander I think I've seen the mortar halftrack get maybe a single kill. That thing is possibly the worst unit in the game.

Also, the tank pathing (which is still abysmal) kills most of the effectiveness of Jacksons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★