Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
11 Nov 2014, 00:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Player card doesn't mean as much as people like to think it does

If you are actually high-ranked someone will be along to tell you that you "obviously" got that way through cheese strats and abusing the current meta
11 Nov 2014, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Player card doesn't mean as much as people like to think it does

If you are actually high-ranked someone will be along to tell you that you "obviously" got that way through cheese strats and abusing the current meta

At least you know a couple of things:
-The meta
-How to properly make use of it

You don't need to be able to apply the knowledge, rather than having it to have a proper discussion. Thing is, theres too many wannabe compstomp theorycrafter fanboy warriors4v4 only players * who impose in others L2P (whenever i use X unit or in my hands that would never happen) and hide on the annonimity of the internet.

*Joke. But theres a reality on which big game modes don't take into consideration some factors of the game and potentially makes other worst.
Vaz
11 Nov 2014, 01:37 AM

Yes and honest link to a playercard produces accountability. Every troll I see on this board wants to stir up issues without accountability, yet claim to be skilled.
11 Nov 2014, 02:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

*Joke. But theres a reality on which big game modes don't take into consideration some factors of the game and potentially makes other worst.

True, but 1v1 is not the game

Even automatch is not the game
11 Nov 2014, 07:14 AM

True, but 1v1 is not the game

Even automatch is not the game

In my opinion, every decent player must start from 1v1 then play other modes too. 1v1 is the alphabet. Staying only in 3v3s or 4v4s doesn't teach you how to play.

Related to player card, there are manny issues:
- People are using your player card against you. If your games with one factions are more than your games with other factions, they will call you a fanboy and tell you that you got "no experience" with the factions you played less. There is a difference between playing less with a faction and not playing it at all. But people won't take this into account, they will just use this against you.
- People will tell you that they know the game better and your opinions are garden because your rank is not as high as theirs and that they got a higher number of games than you. That's basically the difference between people who got all the time in the world to play this game and people who are playing it just a few times a week. Remember that brains are a different thing than micro. That guy who plays just 2 times a week could understand the game better than you and even play it better.
- Maturity. If you are a 14 years old kid and play this game 6 hours from 24 a day and other 6 hours you play starcraft or COD or BF4 or whatever, this doesn't mean you can make a better judgement on balance than a 30 years old person for instance who plays once in two days maybe because he has a life.

I am not taking anyone's side here, just stating the possible reasons for which people wouldn't post player cards and for which I wouldn't post it neither.
In addition, everyone in this forum can be suspected of bias no matter how high his rank is or how deep he knows the game. If 51% of its posts are in favor of one faction, that is bias, mathematicaly speaking. That is why most of this forum's discutions are derailing into personal attacks. And there are a few "famous" internet warriors here that everybody knows.

11 Nov 2014, 08:05 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 07:14 AMJohnnyB

snip

all of the things a person worth debating against won't do... so you won't show your playercard because you are afraid of trolls who you already interact with via the forum.

your points are invalid to me. but even they were valid, it still doesn't give you rights to blurb out "l2p" or "Staying only in 3v3s or 4v4s doesn't teach you how to play."(which I partly agree with) for as far as i know, you might not even have played 10 games.

11 Nov 2014, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 08:05 AMpigsoup

but even they were valid, it still doesn't give you rights to blurb out "l2p"

Fair enough.
11 Nov 2014, 08:51 AM

Yes it is quite hypocritical to tell people that they suck, L2P, or "noobs" without exposing your own playercard. At least backup your statement with some credibility.
11 Nov 2014, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 08:51 AMNinjaWJ
Yes it is quite hypocritical to tell people that they suck, L2P, or "noobs" without exposing your own playercard. At least backup your statement with some credibility.

+1
11 Nov 2014, 09:24 AM

Playercards don't add squat, also the plural form of 'anecdote' isn't 'data'. Maybe a person understands the game well enough and have the theoretical knowledge but lacks that hand-eye coordination for a good micro?
The worlds best football coach is not the greatest football player. Understanding a game and playing them are very diffrent things.
11 Nov 2014, 09:59 AM
Patrion 14

Playercards don't add squat, also the plural form of 'anecdote' isn't 'data'. Maybe a person understands the game well enough and have the theoretical knowledge but lacks that hand-eye coordination for a good micro?
The worlds best football coach is not the greatest football player. Understanding a game and playing them are very diffrent things.

true, but nobody studies this game with pure numbers only, running simulations... something sports theoreticians do. almost all of us learn via playing the game and looking at stats sometimes. that is why playercard matters. not because it displays a complete picture of the player but it gives you a general idea of what faction he MIGHT prefer, how much of knowledge he MIGHT have.

i wouldn't say jack shit to milkacow even if he had only 1000 losses and no wins. but that's not the case here.
11 Nov 2014, 10:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 07:14 AMJohnnyB

In my opinion, every decent player must start from 1v1 then play other modes too. 1v1 is the alphabet. Staying only in 3v3s or 4v4s doesn't teach you how to play.

I have zero interest in playing 1v1
11 Nov 2014, 10:28 AM

I have zero interest in playing 1v1

Shame, because that's the only way to get good at this game. Even 2v2 won't provide you with complete experience.
There is a reason why all competitive RTS e sport revolves around 1v1.
11 Nov 2014, 10:56 AM

Shame, because that's the only way to get good at this game. Even 2v2 won't provide you with complete experience.
There is a reason why all competitive RTS e sport revolves around 1v1.

No kidding. the only way to understand the strengths and weaknesses of a faction is to play 1 vs 1 and see what a faction can or cannot do. 2vs2 or + simply lack that knowledge. i see them making mistakes that would be fatal if you did that in 1 vs 1. it doesnt mean they are unskilled but they are simply not aware of large amount of aspects of the game and this thread is simply one of them.

Obersoldaten are not OP. if you wish an answer to why the axis factions win so much in 2vs 2 and 3vs3 or 4vs4 then the answer is simply the ostheer supercharging the economy of the okw. the fact they can benefit from fuel caches is a problem. god help you if they have luftwaffe supply doctrine.

in 1vs1 the highest win rate goes to the soviets and the stats are doing fine their with the okw in second place.

Also i amuses me greatly that this thread talks about everything except obersoldaten and my job is doen here.
11 Nov 2014, 11:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

One reason I don't play 1v1 is because I would be playing with the sort of people who play 1v1
11 Nov 2014, 13:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rescuethread.exe
Delete 1v1vs4v4 and playercard files.

I'm gonna put my impression on a simply line of thought.

1- Lethality during early game is PERFECT.

2- Lategame lethality is a bit over the top. This includes several things but let's focus on infantry AI.

3- While upgrades should be meaningful, they shouldn't be OVER the top. This leads either to blobs or spread out A-MOVE army.

4- Going back to Obers specifically, LMG34 is INSANE (see any unit which manage to pick them up). You could make the squad spawn with 2 LMG34 or just 1 and spread the DPS.

5- We could go back into making all LMG stationary. This would affect both Paratroopers and Obers (if you want DPS on the move, go STG or Thompsons).
11 Nov 2014, 15:13 PM
Donator 33

One reason I don't play 1v1 is because I would be playing with the sort of people who play 1v1

Only people searching for 1vs1 can play 1vs1 Kappa, but anyway if you havent tried 1vs1, its a whole different game to those 2vs2´s where suddenly the enemy has an massive force against you,

in 1vs1 you can see your enemy hurting by achieving squads wipes or denying fuel, its the most balanced way to play COH 2 ATM
11 Nov 2014, 15:36 PM

Anyone claiming Obers don't need an adjustment is a bit on the bias side.
This unit is stupidly good. Too good in fact. Every other infantry unit literally melts under Obers fire.
The other way to make it balanced while retaining the same level of performance is to drastically increase population intake so having 2 squads of those limit one pop cap preventing spamming as this unit can easily take on multiple squads at once.
11 Nov 2014, 21:54 PM

Please allow me the opportunity to have a US Ranger squad with Shock Troop's armor equipped with Thompson and wreck Ober's face off! #Fantasy
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS