Login

russian armor

Issues that plague a German player

• This thread is locked
25 Oct 2014, 09:12 AM

This thread was created at the insistence of user 'Daathus"

Volksgrenadiers are very lackluster and die quickly for core infantry.. Sturmpioneers lost a lot of their capability when they basically got a range nerf. Fallschirmjaeger are just waaay too flimsy for the price you pay for a 4-man squad that clumps

If Volksgrenadiers are to be a "meat shield" to draw attention for superior closer range squads, they need to be more durable.

Volksgrens die quickly with or without vet, priests, ISU-152's Shocks, Rifles etc instagibbing them as soon as they come into view doesn't help.

Jaeger Lights are okay, but the doctrine they are part of kind of sucks, Ostwind is expensive and only good for a short time, comes in way too late. Everything on the Special Forces doctrine comes in way too late. LeIG for OKW sucks, right out.

The entire Elite Armored doctrine sucks, and the Panzer IV Ausf. J's are never worth getting, despite that they come obscenely late to make a difference.

German MG's cannot suppress anything it seems and often don't fire until Allied units make it halfway through the long part of their firing arc!
Vaz
25 Oct 2014, 09:20 AM

LOL

You are truly in another reality. I can't take you serious man, can you provide some replays and references? What your saying here is almost all completely the opposite of what I observe in games. The exception being volks vet0 they die to anything(perfectly fine, they are the cheapest base infantry, less than cons). The other exception is panzerIV J sucks, it does suck.

Provide some replays with time references or as far as I'm concerned this is just a trollpost to be lol'd at and then ignored. Seems to me like your playing really badly and ignoring fundamental principles of coh then complaining about being a career punching bag. I know there is some people that I stomp that would say the same things you are saying. Truth is, they just played very badly and it's not about the units they used, any units of any faction under their command would fail.
25 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM

As a mainly German player, here's what I have to say.

Volksgrenadiers are very lackluster and die quickly for core infantry.. Sturmpioneers lost a lot of their capability when they basically got a range nerf. Fallschirmjaeger are just waaay too flimsy for the price you pay for a 4-man squad that clumps
I refuse to believe this. I haven't seen my teammate's volksgrenadiere die very fast. Sturmpioniere are still very good, you just don't rush them into 2-3 squads of anything better than RE and CE. I actually still think fallschirmjagers need to be nerfed(make them pay ammo for the FG42). Clumping is another issue and not balance related. I've never really seen my teammate's fallschirmjager being flimsy.

If Volksgrenadiers are to be a "meat shield" to draw attention for superior closer range squads, they need to be more durable.
They're durable enough. Look above.

Volksgrens die quickly with or without vet, priests, ISU-152's Shocks, Rifles etc instagibbing them as soon as they come into view doesn't help.
They cost 235mp. Surely they should not have an easy time beating units that cost more right? And the priest/ISU152 part is silly. They're still humans.

Jaeger Lights are okay, but the doctrine they are part of kind of sucks, Ostwind is expensive and only good for a short time, comes in way too late. Everything on the Special Forces doctrine comes in way too late. LeIG for OKW sucks, right out.
Scavenge doctrine has that artillery that can go on like forever. Complete area denial which can be used to block enemy from capping a VP. Only the Ostwind part I can agree on. LeIG18 still sucks. All arty sucks in this game except the B4, ML-20 and Stuka zu Fuss.

The entire Elite Armored doctrine sucks, and the Panzer IV Ausf. J's are never worth getting, despite that they come obscenely late to make a difference.
Relic could just swap out King Tiger with Panzer IV. KT goes to elite armoured doctrine.

German MG's cannot suppress anything it seems and often don't fire until Allied units make it halfway through the long part of their firing arc!
My experience tells me that MG42 supresses everything they shoot at. The part where they don't shoot instantly is annoying though.
25 Oct 2014, 09:38 AM

Ok now my explanation as I 99% axis player (not yet a fanboy :lol: )

Volksgrenadiers are without cover the weakest inf early game that's true, but they are the best in late because they scale so well. I don't know the exact stats but they get IIRC two times a modifier which makes them harder to hit. Fallschirmjäger are still very strong if you hold them on long range. They are not meant to be German shock troops, they are better grens that can clear out support weapons from behind. When I play as allies I have a lot of problems against them.
On higher vet ranks they are basically like Obersoldaten.

As I said before you have to care of them in the early game while they become surviving experts with vet.

ISU was bullshit OP so it got a very huge nerf. Priests, ISU and Shocks are all commander based abilities which means that other units won't hit the field.

Haven't played Jäger post patch but the Ostwind is one of my favourite tanks of the game. Especially against rifle blobs you do tons of damage. And it still is good in the late game you just don't have to put it in the first row. The LeIG is IMO a thing about luck. I had games where it didn't hit anything and I had games where it had 40-50 kills in the end.

While I agree that the P4 J are some kind of weak I have to say that the armor pen ammunition is quite cool because you will penetrate most of the time even with pumas.

Even an MG has to be supported. A lonely MG will maybe surpress an enemy squad but others will flank it and kill it. 2 MGs are doing amazing if you now where the enemy is going to attack you.
25 Oct 2014, 09:52 AM
Patrion 14

We need to see the OP provide some replays.
25 Oct 2014, 09:57 AM

Have to agree with the other posters above, volks are great when used right and in cover, always try to use them in pairs, either focus firing while in cover or one in cover while the other goes for a grenade.

The only thing I agree with the OP about is the MG's not firing till squads get about half way in to their arc - also their awfully slow rotate speed left to right.
25 Oct 2014, 10:26 AM
Donator 22

I agree with you, that the Elite armored doctrine sucks, but Volks are still strong and deadly on vet5.
For the rest:

25 Oct 2014, 10:41 AM

These kind of threads are so 1 month ago :(
25 Oct 2014, 10:55 AM

Issue that plagues this particular german player is his own (in)ability to play correctly.
25 Oct 2014, 11:01 AM

Someone get sierra an exorcist, I think he's been possessed by vetlolcake.

With a little bit of vet volksgrens become some of the hardest to kill infantry in the game.
25 Oct 2014, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 11:01 AMCabreza
Someone get sierra an exorcist, I think he's been possessed by vetlolcake.

With a little bit of vet volksgrens become some of the hardest to kill infantry in the game.

Not too difficult to kill with double BAR's, Double M1919's, Snipers, or Shocktroops (easily 2x as durable those shocktroops.)
25 Oct 2014, 11:24 AM

I agree with you, that the Elite armored doctrine sucks, but Volks are still strong and deadly on vet5.
For the rest:

25 Oct 2014, 11:27 AM

sierra where in that match up is the support for the Volks, all thigs you listed should not be able to be defeated in 1vs1 by a volk squad easily, because they cost a lot more, that would be the same if someone says, conscripts should win vs lmg grens or obersoldaten without support they are not going to win against them in most cases (not counting cover etc.)
25 Oct 2014, 11:30 AM

Permanently Banned
If all the "Allies" players are trolls and all the "Axis" players are just poor, underpowered heroes trying to play the game, I wonder what that makes "people who play both factions" (the majority of rational people using this forum).

Sierra, please grow up and try playing both factions. I haven't seen you post a SINGLE constructive thread or argument on this forum, and all you do is accuse Allies players of being trolls and I'm pretty confident you actually have never even played as one of the Allies factions. You probably bought OKW and that's it.

As for your thread, half of it is whining that volks are UP (farthest statement from the truth ever) and the rest are just L2P issues, like Katitof said. MGs don't seem to suppress anything? Rofl someone lock this thread.
25 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

L2p sneaking noob allied fanboy Kappa
25 Oct 2014, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 11:19 AMSierra

Not too difficult to kill with double BAR's, Double M1919's, Snipers, or Shocktroops (easily 2x as durable those shocktroops.)

Then I suppose its rather convenient that you have Kubel that counters all of it.

If you want to use just a single units in army that is designed to play with combined arms, its you who fail.
25 Oct 2014, 13:47 PM

Permanently Banned
volks are awesome. it feels nice to know that u have feared base infantry that can easily harm allied tanks.

They scale like gods.

<EDIT> Issues that plague a BAD player
25 Oct 2014, 14:21 PM

Maybe it's time we stop listening to balance "suggestions" from people who can't crack the top 1200 in any game mode. If you're having issues as OKW right now, the issue isn't the balance, it's you.

Watch replays of people who know what they're doing and actually try to improve your game instead of just asking for balance changes because you can't win.
25 Oct 2014, 14:47 PM

Volks are fragile? The same volks that get 60% received accuracy and become damn near immune to small arms fire? As well as having Shrekcs on basic infantry and a free grenade? Yeah sure.

My MG42s suppress stuff just fine. Of course you need to micro and support it, but it does its job very well.

JLI rock. These guys cut down anything short of Shocks down to size in a hurry.

And heaven forbid OKW gets a doctrine that's not that great. Every faction does. It's not like they have a non-doctrinal superheavy, right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 76

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight