Login

russian armor

Let me clear up some things about Relic and AA

PAGES (7)down
24 Oct 2014, 19:00 PM
Patrion 15

It's really difficult to take the word of someone for granted when you can't actually say a word because of NDA and Relix won't say anything either because of that stupid NDA. I think we already know that Relic is working on the game but since they don't say a word we don't know if they really care about the game, the community or just the money. I guess the guys from the bottom do care about the game but I don't think so about the people who manage the team from above.

It sounds like: " You really have to believe me, it's so so great that you should support them! This way we're going to receive better MP content too" But not any proof to back that up and a lot of proof over the last year showing how Relic do their job. Obviously people will believe what they see and not just a few words about NDA forbidding you to say anything.

People are tired of trusting Relic because they're disappointed about the game. You can't expect the multiplayer fanbase to buy a Single PLayer DLC to help them when they've already done that and they didn't receive what was expected in the past nor over the time since the game was released.

Most of the players from COH2.org love the Multiplayer content and don't care about SP. Why should they support Relic by buying SP content they don't care about at an unfair price? The player base here is expecting MP content and fixing of the actual MP content and Relic doesn't do any of those things apart from the upcoming patch which seems to be a good step to move on. Well, maybe they're doing it but since they don't say anything and don't show anything we can't just imagine that they're probably doing it.

People would be excited if Relic said something, just a few words, some news about the next content, what are they working on and what are they planning. They can't expect people to have hope in them if they don't seem to care about the community. They NEED to communicate with us, they need to make that a priority.

I don't know you so please don't think this is personal. It's just that they shouldn't need someone from the comminity to save their asses. AS I said they need to communicate with us from now on or it will be the same.
24 Oct 2014, 19:00 PM

I dont get all the hate towards Napalm, he is just giving us his point of view when he play-tested the AA.

Chill guys :p

Also, nigo 4 president
24 Oct 2014, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

I haven't seen an iota of 'hate.' In fact I stated my appreciation for the guy. I just don't agree with him on one point, I'm sure I would on a boatload of other stuff.
24 Oct 2014, 19:37 PM

Guys, I think we lost Napalm to Relic. Send him to the Gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24 Oct 2014, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

I've been burnt by the Collector's Edition rip-off. If Relic were serious about making up for that, they'd have thought about a discount for CE owners.

+1000

I paid 100 euros for something that promised a Command Pass (which I assumed meant free DLCs just like every other "[Random Name] Pass" does), which I never got. I then proceeded to buy every DLC commander, which I should've gotten for free in the first place since I paid 100 gardening euros for the base game. And I realise this is probably not Relic's fault, but I'm not going to risk making that same mistake again. That doesn't mean I won't buy AA sometime, but I certainly won't now.
24 Oct 2014, 19:42 PM

Well, usually I would say you've turned to the Dark Side of the force MVGame But considering I still respect you Napalm, I will take this statement without a grain of salt. Thank you for this information. :snfPeter:

EDIT: You looked snazzy on dat Relic live stream, I approve! MVGame
24 Oct 2014, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 19:42 PMVonIvan
But considering I still respect you Napalm, I will take this statement without a grain of salt. . :snfPeter:

lmao :D
24 Oct 2014, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 03:10 AMNapalm

Relic is working on enough stuff and things that CoH2 will be actively supported for a long time. Think years, not months.

Relic already developing another expansion MVGame

Jokes aside, the african theatre would be very interesting though :D
24 Oct 2014, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

I will buy aa soon, but first i want to wait and see if they add some new commanders for sale. I just can't resist buying all the commanders in this game :D
24 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

Oh internet strangers. I wish I could see the look on your faces when you realize that we are all on the same team. If we did not care about the success of this title than why are we wasting time posting here? Think about it.
24 Oct 2014, 19:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Because we're at work and can't actually play the game, just argue about it :D
24 Oct 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 19:59 PMRomeo
Because we're at work and can't actually play the game, just argue about it :D

I am posting from work :D :D :D
24 Oct 2014, 20:05 PM

I love this game(for the most part) and wish to make even better, so long as I live. The only problem is the fact that Relic takes a while to realize this. Thankfully, with Cynthia in charge, communication has improved with the community. So I look forward to more improvement in other areas, it's just gonna take time, and tons of criticism(mostly constructive, though some nonconstructive is needed to add more of a push) to get us there. :D It seems to be the only way nowadays sadly(due to the fact that we tried being nice in the beginning, but dat failed :P).
24 Oct 2014, 20:07 PM

It's ironic how Relic wants us to trust them buying a game on which we don't have any info besides that it's about USF's singleplayer missions and nothing else.
As if anyone would buy a car knowing only that it has 4 tires and a couple of doors. Get rid of that stupid NDA and show your customers what are they buying before asking for money.

Ardennes Assault's preorder currently is just a gamble. An expensive one. And we have precedent about what happens when you trust Relic and preorder their games.

Sorry Napalm, I agree with almost every post you write, but in this one seems that you're trying to appeal to our feelings in order to made us buy AA.
I don't believe in feelings to do business. Just show how good is your product and let its quality talk.
24 Oct 2014, 20:08 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 19:57 PMNapalm
Oh internet strangers. I wish I could see the look on your faces when you realize that we are all on the same team. If we did not care about the success of this title than why are we wasting time posting here? Think about it.

Of course we are on the same team. But that doesn't mean I'm randomly going to spend 40 euro just to support Relic. As an owner of the CE, I think I've already supported Relic a great deal in terms of money :P
24 Oct 2014, 20:51 PM

I like this thread, it does seem Relic is going to be trying harder now,
especially with Cynthia's recent improvements to community support.

It definitely has to be borne in mind that they have SEGA overlords who are likely dictating certain policies to them. This limits their freedom to provide the community with what we want.

Still, even with the screenshot of Napalm's purchase, I can't bring myself to buy the expansion :( I've seen too many m3hts with flamers and snipers... Too many ISU-152s, too many Jagds. Too many freezes and too much RnG.

Still, I agree with almost everything Napalm said, good post!
24 Oct 2014, 21:38 PM
Patrion 14

Nape are you saying this is a binary thing - buy this or you aren't supporting CoH? I don't think you are, but it sounds like it's headed that way.

It is indeed a binary issue - Relic supports *US* as customers and we support them. Simple.
24 Oct 2014, 21:42 PM

One of the worst things you can do to me is to insult my intelligence and i believe that Relic or Sega (i really dong give a gardens flower :D) is doing it with AA.

At the moment AA costs more then the base Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Page Shop

I mean wtg (what the garden:D).

Am i that stupid Relic?

No, i am not. Sorry Napalm
24 Oct 2014, 21:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Napalam and Relic,
Sitting in a tree.
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

First comes blood,
then comes courage,

then comes a game
in his steam game basket!
24 Oct 2014, 22:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While everyone is rightfully concerned regarding it's price ($30 should had been "acceptable" if it's a BIG expansion/game), it's not like you won't be able to buy a key for $20-30 on release date (i guess).

Games on the official page are going to be listed pretty high, this is true for everygame.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS