Login

russian armor

So, lets talk about the ISU-152 and jagtiger changes.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
23 Oct 2014, 20:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I'd like to see some actual replays of these tweaked units.
23 Oct 2014, 20:49 PM

My personal suggestion to the ISU-152 is to drastically nerf it's accuracy againts infantry at ranges more than 40.

Something like this

ISU-152 at range

60-70 - Barely hits infantry, still hits armor

50-40 - Decent Accuracy

40 and lower would be the range it would be finally capable of squadwiping.

JT is simple, remove the shooting through buildings nonsense.
23 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:49 PMBurts
My personal suggestion to the ISU-152 is to drastically nerf it's accuracy againts infantry at ranges more than 40.

Something like this

ISU-152 at range

50-40 - Decent Accuracy

I AM FAPPING TO THESE SUGGESTIONS!!!
23 Oct 2014, 20:52 PM

Against skilled players this units won't work anymore. They are basically Sturmtigers and even if you have the awareness and timing to know where a unit will be if it's moving that doesn't mean you hit it because the scatter is too high.

The shell of those units will randomly land somewhere in the circle, making it neatly impossible to hit small fast moving units.

Or do you manage to hit retreating squads with rifle nades on a regular basis?

Both units have now a minimum range which basically means that a fast tank is a hard counter.

Honestly I like the game more without this units than with them.
I was building the Jagdtiger exclusively to counter the ISU.
Without these units the game feels more refreshing, you get the impression that your tank Micro is more important than fielding this game breaker units.
23 Oct 2014, 20:56 PM

I think it's a perfect solution. It brings a different flavor, maintains the unit's characteristics (which the development team seems not to give up) and distinguishes mediocre from good players (before anyone says something, I'm myself a really mediocre player)
23 Oct 2014, 20:56 PM

Against skilled players this units won't work anymore. They are basically Sturmtigers and even if you have the awareness and timing to know where a unit will be if it's moving that doesn't mean you hit it because the scatter is too high.

The shell of those units will randomly land somewhere in the circle, making it neatly impossible to hit small fast moving units.

Or do you manage to hit retreating squads with rifle nades on a regular basis?

Both units have now a minimum range which basically means that a fast tank is a hard counter.

Honestly I like the game more without this units than with them.
I was building the Jagdtiger exclusively to counter the ISU.
Without these units the game feels more refreshing, you get the impression that your tank Micro is more important than fielding this game breaker units.

But overall i am even more worried about allies in team games, the nerf to these units might seem good at first, but the thing that was keeping allies somewhat playable in big team games was the sheer retard OPness of the ISU-152, the rest of their units simply aren't very good.

Overall we will see, and these patch notes aren't even final so whatever.
23 Oct 2014, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:56 PMBurts

But overall i am even more worried about allies in team games, the nerf to these units might seem good at first, but the thing that was keeping allies somewhat playable in big team games was the sheer retard OPness of the ISU-152, the rest of their units simply aren't very good.

Overall we will see, and these patch notes aren't even final so whatever.

Very true Burt. As a 4v4 player, the ISU is the only unit that can allow the Allies to keep in the game, mores' than the IS2. However, OP it was, it was a crutch unit for Allied players. I am a fan of removing these "crutch" units, but without timely compensation, Allies are gonna keep feeling the pain in 4v4
23 Oct 2014, 21:03 PM

I think it's a perfect solution. It brings a different flavor, maintains the unit's characteristics (which the development team seems not to give up) and distinguishes mediocre from good players (before anyone says something, I'm myself a really mediocre player)

Not for that price.
If you go ISU / Jagdtiger you rely on this units as your main force. You talk of a supporting role. No sane player will waste 260/290 fuel on that.
Sturmtiger is a supporting tank and you hardly see the unit although it costs only 160 fuel.
If you go Jagdtiger or ISU with the new update changes, you will lose.
23 Oct 2014, 21:11 PM

I haven't seen one person on the forums defend the ability of the JT to shoot through obstacles and yet Relic continues to ignore it.
23 Oct 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 21:11 PMMedster
I haven't seen one person on the forums defend the ability of the JT to shoot through obstacles and yet Relic continues to ignore it.

I defend the abaility, taking it away is just stupid, with the crew shock the JT has and the slow accelleration and speed it will be easy for the allies to drive behind it with any medium tanks and that was it. Marked vehicle would be even more deadly than it is now. And the only ISU counter will be gone.
23 Oct 2014, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:49 PMBurts

Something like this

ISU-152 at range

50-40 - Decent Accuracy

Alternatively, they could have kept ISU's damage in the center of the blast as it was. to preserve the AT effectivenes. and set the damage in near and far aoe or whatever to 40 (half of model health), so it twoshots squads instead of oneshoting.
23 Oct 2014, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 21:53 PMMoBo111

I defend the abaility, taking it away is just stupid, with the crew shock the JT has and the slow accelleration and speed it will be easy for the allies to drive behind it with any medium tanks and that was it. Marked vehicle would be even more deadly than it is now. And the only ISU counter will be gone.

It's faster than Elephnat after upgrade... And it's not like that... Allies wont drive behind becaise Jadgtiger should never be alone. Schrecks, Paks...

So why dont you just take Puma and drive behind ISU? This is the same advice you gave to kill JT.
23 Oct 2014, 22:05 PM

It's faster than Elephnat after upgrade... And it's not like that... Allies wont drive behind becaise Jadgtiger should never be alone. Schrecks, Paks...

So why dont you just take Puma and drive behind ISU? This is the same advice you gave to kill JT.

Theory is a fine thing right? But in reality the enemy will make a mistake and you can kill it. And if you don't want to do it this way you can still use the b4.
23 Oct 2014, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 22:05 PMMoBo111

Theory is a fine thing right? But in reality the enemy will make a mistake and you can kill it. And if you don't want to do it this way you can still use the b4.

Which is countered by Stuka in 2v2 and higher.

Ability to shoot through everything is just stupid... If I don't see target how the hell I'm supposed to hit it? It's faster than Elephant, better range, armor... No need for superpower.
You just keep it behind lines and snipe enemy tanks. No risk at all. ISU at least has to be moved which gives a chance to make a misteake.
24 Oct 2014, 03:19 AM

Not for that price.
If you go ISU / Jagdtiger you rely on this units as your main force. You talk of a supporting role. No sane player will waste 260/290 fuel on that.
Sturmtiger is a supporting tank and you hardly see the unit although it costs only 160 fuel.
If you go Jagdtiger or ISU with the new update changes, you will lose.

Yeah, the price is steep, but they're pretty powerfull area denial units. I played recently a game on Kholodny summer where I had a good map control, but the enemy just managed to stand on a corner with nicely placed HQ emplacements.

The guy just put his jagd on a corner on the north of muni point (the one with the small house) and just left it there, destroying my vehicles anytime he got line of sight. I had a lot of trouble to circulate and, with 85 distance on a small map, there was not a great room to walk by. Needless to say, with the MP bleed and muni bleed, I never got to really endanger it, and lost the game.

I deserved it, he played better. But certainly the area denial was a decisive factor that helped him a lot.
10 Feb 2018, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

Any units that can shoot through things are dumb. Like pak43 is so stupid sometimes.
ISU is pretty hard to field outside of a 4v4 and you really gotta make that thing churn out kills as often times there are LOADS of panthers wanting to flank you. I think the changes to its AOE mean the unit can be valid but not deal loads of squad wipes unless a second or 3rd shot connects which is a pretty fair considering it takes 12~ seconds to reload. Not to mention if you have to keep switching rounds it can get pretty difficult to handle large pushes which I think is a fair trade of for its current stats but I kinda wish He did more deflection damage.

Jagtiger is slow but the HE round changes make for some interesting engagements now but the scatter feels non-existent meaning instead of area denial its more of a pin-point shot. Changes to its range by 5 means a 17 pdr can now counter it which is good and also means you have to be careful where you go with it.

I like the changes to both units since the last patch but sometimes they can simply be unreliable as OP stated but I guess thats just the nature of coh2.
10 Feb 2018, 18:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2018, 18:04 PMMittens
snip

Damn, what a necro :banned:
10 Feb 2018, 19:32 PM

I know its a necro, but hindsight is hilarious:

"So why dont you just take Puma and drive behind ISU? This is the same advice you gave to kill JT."

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 45
unknown 9
Germany 8
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W