Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
11 Apr 2016, 11:30 AM

Why are u guys still arguing?? No more farming whatever you say. At least the new system will be kinda better and more managable.
11 Apr 2016, 14:58 PM

So does anybody knows when this new system will be implemented
11 Apr 2016, 16:19 PM

So does anybody knows when this new system will be implemented

I guess sometimes within the month, as they said they plan a big patch for the later weeks of april. And also a patch in may, hope this is not the one they plan to release warspoils with.
12 Apr 2016, 21:24 PM

Just wondering is possibel for relic to personaly troll you?

becuse i have gotten 7 10% faster build time on infrared half track (most useless item since 10% faster dispatch on heavy vechicls)

13 Apr 2016, 09:27 AM

Hey Fellow Swede :)

I have been playing 6 games the last 2 days vs ai. Only got drops twice. Both were the same skin i already have 2 of so now i have 4 :D

It would be evil of them to punish us like this. If possible. But lets see in the next few drops
14 Apr 2016, 21:35 PM
Donator 11

Just wondering is possibel for relic to personaly troll you?

:D probably not

and remember, you are not the only one
14 Apr 2016, 23:15 PM

:D probably not

and remember, you are not the only one

Oh i see relic are just a_holes
15 Apr 2016, 04:09 AM

Has anyone else received war spoils from watching a replay? I'm quite sure I received two after watching a replay once.
19 Apr 2016, 06:18 AM

Just got my 1001/1000 and invetory seems ok. Should I be worried?
23 Apr 2016, 18:34 PM

I hope they introduce the new drop system soon. Then we hopefully get a way to melt all the unwanted bulletins into something actually useful
24 Apr 2016, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 18:34 PMRetro
I hope they introduce the new drop system soon. Then we hopefully get a way to melt all the unwanted bulletins into something actually useful

Beta coming soon they said. I dont think it ll be the same client tho.
25 Apr 2016, 08:10 AM

Hi, can somebody post "pepperidge farm" map. Cant download it from the 1st page, Thanks
27 Apr 2016, 19:27 PM

Hi, can somebody post "pepperidge farm" map. Cant download it from the 1st page, Thanks
You can't because farming is officially forbidden now.

Today I found out I had this in my inventory:

Any of you guys ever seen that before? I didn't even notice it was added, I didn't get a drop or anything.

???
29 Apr 2016, 11:49 AM

They added this 1-2 weeks before. Nice little extra but I still stick with the "nothing at all" decal

Another question: Suddenly a new OKW skin popped up as a spoil of war which was really beautiful and which I'd never seen before. Turned out 2 days later it belongs to this community skins update. Anyone knows for sure if the whole sale and availability of these skins is limited for only a specific time or is just the -50% discount limited?
30 Apr 2016, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:49 AMRetro
They added this 1-2 weeks before. Nice little extra but I still stick with the "nothing at all" decal
OK, so everyone just got this? I didn't even see a nr 1 on my chest, so that's why I was a bit surprised.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:49 AMRetro
Another question: Suddenly a new OKW skin popped up as a spoil of war which was really beautiful and which I'd never seen before. Turned out 2 days later it belongs to this community skins update. Anyone knows for sure if the whole sale and availability of these skins is limited for only a specific time or is just the -50% discount limited?
I can still see the War Paint skins for sale, but none of them have -50% so I guess that answers your question.

@ War Spoils: ingame ad says a new open beta will be from 3rd on to 11th of May. I sincerely hope this is the last open beta they need before updating the system.
4 May 2016, 04:14 AM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/05/03 We are getting ***** in the ***....all

*Duplicate inventory items that were earned using a War Spoils farming mod will be salvaged without any Supply given to the player. In other words, farmed War Spoils have a Supply value of 0.

Supply is CoH2's new virtual currency and can be earned in a couple different ways. The primary way Supply is earned is through salvaging duplicate items. When an item is received via a Loot Drop after a match, if that item already exists in a player’s inventory, the item will be salvaged for Supply. All items have the same salvage value of 500 Supply. A Loot Drop may also consist of only Supply. The amount of Supply a player currently has is diplayed directly in the Player Card and in the in-game store.
4 May 2016, 10:25 AM

How will lelic know which one war spoil is 'the real one' and which one is from 'farming' :D?
4 May 2016, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

yeah, im pretty interested in that aswell :D
8 May 2016, 14:56 PM

I can only imagine that whenever a duplicate is obtained and about to be turned into scrap supply they let a program run that checks either for the map on which it was obtained (pepperidge farm) and/or if there were any blacklisted mods running in the background. I'm no IT person, so just speculating but I guess this might be a possibility

But why the "Duplicate inventory items that were earned using a War Spoils farming mod will be salvaged without any Supply given to the player." Why not simply turn every war spoil obtained by farming into dust?

The good thing is: They might have changed their course and don't seem to wipe our progress/ban us for everyone who is still farming at the moment. It appears rather like they are fine with turning every farmed duplicate from then on into 0 supplies.

Yet this appears half-baked as when everything stays as described in the article you can still farm. Just with the exception that all the duplicates you obtain are simply turned worthless. Which would make absolutely no difference to everyone who farms right now with the current system. This new system thus won't give anyone a real incentive to stop farming as obviously farming in your sparetime for the hope of getting non-duplicates is still better than doing nothing.

The neither good nor bad thing is: I'm not sure if I should welcome or dislike the decision that all duplicates will automatically be turned into supplies for us. Not rarely it made the most sense to use 3 identical bulletins to buff specific units e.g. infantry. We'll apparently lose this option and instead now have to look for other good combinations. That's not bad per se but I have the concerns though that this might turn the bulletin system almost entirely meaningless as the impact of different single bulletins seem rather neglectible. I would have preferred to chose myself which duplicates to scrap and which not.

The bad thing is: From the perspective of someone who obtains his drops in a fair way this system still must appear quite flawed.

So a commander costs you 15000 Supply points a.k.a. 30 drops. That would seem fair if only bulletins were used but according to the article even duplicate commander drops give you only 500 supply. I can imagine the disappointment when you get a rare commander drop and then notice that he's a duplicate which makes him essentially as worthless as the most uselsess white bulletin. It neither really solves the problem of receiving duplicates either.

It would have been more just in my opinion if the supply worth of a drop is determined by it's kind (bulletin < skin < victory strike < faceplate < commander) and it's color (common < uncommon < rare < epic). This way getting a rare duplicate would still be something to cheer about. A duplicate epic victory strike or a rare commander simply shouldn't have the same value as a common bulletin, given how rare those drops are.

If you had the bad luck to get a duplicate commander drop chances are that your "chance to drop a commander" is "reset" to the abysmal value I'd evaluate right now somewhere between 48 and 168 hours of actual ingame(!) time due as a rough stochastic assumption. Thus you won't see another commander drop for a felt eternity. I doubt that this will really satisfy players who see drops as an incentive to keep playing the game on a regular basis. And that's after all, what the drop system is all about.

To give a rare duplicate commander the worth of 3750 supply would seem more fair as this would create a system compareable to Hearthstone where you can exchange 4 cards into a single card of the same type.

And how can you always get the same amount of loot points no matter the length of the match? Wouldn't that mean that you can end a match at 5 minutes and still get full loot?
7 Jun 2016, 22:03 PM

Hooooray now we can buy victory strikes with supply and even bulletins!
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 262

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %