Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
19 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM

Thanks a bunch guys :) Seems I didn't have the correct mod installed
19 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM

Something isnt working. Before it worked with no problem. Now after 2 matches mouse stops working and stays at the end screen where you can se the players. Any ideas? Should i instal again the mod?
19 Mar 2016, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 19:21 PMJuancc
Something isnt working. Before it worked with no problem. Now after 2 matches mouse stops working and stays at the end screen where you can se the players. Any ideas? Should i instal again the mod?

Are ye clicking outside the game window after starting the script? That messes it up for me sometimes exactly as you've described. Best to just start the script at the setup screen, let it launch the match, and then walk away.
20 Mar 2016, 10:17 AM

Am i the only one getting more and more frequent bug splats?
21 Mar 2016, 05:51 AM

:new: Just signed up to thank the OP.

I've been playing 4-hour games trying to rake out the commanders and I'm ever grateful that I finally found this topic. Relic has been trolling us for money through their spoils system, just getting us eager so we could go blow money in their store.

OP, if you come across this thread again, I want you to know that you are the shit! (in a good way!!)

PS: I was just curious as to how long it takes to click the "Quit Game" tab at the top after a match. I've gotten 2 commanders and a few skins already by manually quitting and having the script quickly take over.

Anyhow, Thanks Again OP.
21 Mar 2016, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2016, 05:51 AMNumbNut
:new: Just signed up to thank the OP.

PS: I was just curious as to how long it takes to click the "Quit Game" tab at the top after a match. I've gotten 2 commanders and a few skins already by manually quitting and having the script quickly take over.

Anyhow, Thanks Again OP.

thnx man and welcome to the forums :D

it should be quite quick with "quit game", maybe 10 seconds or so? if it doesnt work repeatedly, try the scriptwriter!
21 Mar 2016, 23:29 PM

Anyone noticing that an easy computer is capturing the VP? Really hurting my war spoils farm right now :[

I'm playing on fayomonville. I believe another map begining with L and had a winter version was having the easy computer send a AT gun to my base. Destroyed it too D:
21 Mar 2016, 23:31 PM

Quite lucky today: two commanders, one dupe and one new one (and this one is the only USF one I deem useful :) )

Only 8 commanders to go of which I want 5, the other three aren't really necessary.
22 Mar 2016, 09:56 AM

Am i the only one getting more and more frequent bug splats?

You're not alone. I got very frequently bug splats (like every 2nd or 3rd time I run the script) which is quite annoying when you come home from 8h of work to notice that COH crashed possibly right after 1 or 2h and you got no new warspoils but had your gear running for 8h for nothing.

Has anyone made any experience of how to avoid those bug splats? I'd wish the script could include a way to constantly check if the game has crashed and if so, close the bug splat, start the game and return to work but I guess I'm dreaming here ^^

Also: Is there any way you guys know to maximize your spoils? Like a possibility to run it in the background when you're home and doing other things or playing other games? I've read some guys here were talking about a virtual machine which I assume would mean that you could run the script 24/7 but I got to admit I'm not proficient enough with PC technology to know how to set something like this up without possibly blowing up my PC in the process. :S

Any chance someone proficient would want to create a thread like this one here with a short guide of how to set up your own Virtual Machine to have CoH2 farming all day long?
22 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 09:56 AMRetro

You're not alone. I got very frequently bug splats (like every 2nd or 3rd time I run the script) which is quite annoying when you come home from 8h of work to notice that COH crashed possibly right after 1 or 2h and you got no new warspoils but had your gear running for 8h for nothing.

Has anyone made any experience of how to avoid those bug splats? I'd wish the script could include a way to constantly check if the game has crashed and if so, close the bug splat, start the game and return to work but I guess I'm dreaming here ^^

Well i dont think the sript could do that since the bug splat is located in the center of the screen.
Ans since people are running different resolutions and ratios the script could locate it. Or so i would think. It was scratchedpaintjob who wrote it. I do however know you can use vbscript to check if an exe file is running and if not re launch it. Maybe its even possible with windows "schedule task"

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 09:56 AMRetro

Also: Is there any way you guys know to maximize your spoils? Like a possibility to run it in the background when you're home and doing other things or playing other games? I've read some guys here were talking about a virtual machine which I assume would mean that you could run the script 24/7 but I got to admit I'm not proficient enough with PC technology to know how to set something like this up without possibly blowing up my PC in the process. :S

Any chance someone proficient would want to create a thread like this one here with a short guide of how to set up your own Virtual Machine to have CoH2 farming all day long?

I tried the Virtual machine with coh2, but i got bug splats after 2-3 games all the time so i gave up.

Now i just run coh2 in the background while playing other games or watching movies.
22 Mar 2016, 13:19 PM
Donator 11

Anyone noticing that an easy computer is capturing the VP? Really hurting my war spoils farm right now :[

that shouldnt happen with the mod as it deactivates AI iirc. you could of course get the pepperidge farm map, where the ai cant cap any vps

Well i dont think the sript could do that since the bug splat is located in the center of the screen.
Ans since people are running different resolutions and ratios the script could locate it. Or so i would think. It was scratchedpaintjob who wrote it. I do however know you can use vbscript to check if an exe file is running and if not re launch it. Maybe its even possible with windows "schedule task"

Hmmm, it might be possible, but its not very easy. It would probably only work for one resolution as the window probably scales. Ime verifying the game files solves the bug splats for me.

22 Mar 2016, 13:45 PM

So the clicking script works even when minimized? Or do you just switch back every now and then?
22 Mar 2016, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

It doesn't work when minimized, but it switches back automatically
24 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

Just came back home. been farming for 20+ hours and what do i find???

"you have been disconnected from relic servers"

As i can see from the spoils this hampend at least 10 hours ago... #¤%&/(&%¤ :(
25 Mar 2016, 04:59 AM

So after 20 hours autofarm, I got the Emplacement commander when I play an automatch as OKW (wtf?), while I farmed as UK I got the two duplicate OKW commander (seriously, does Warspoil only give commander not to the faction you're playing?).
25 Mar 2016, 09:58 AM

You guys should stop using scripts to autofarm. It's a risky behaviour, easily detected on the server side of the game, and it breaks the game EULA.
25 Mar 2016, 10:36 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 09:58 AMSlaYoU
You guys should stop using scripts to autofarm. It's a risky behaviour, easily detected on the server side of the game, and it breaks the game EULA.

several points:
-i dont think it is easily detected. sometimes i farm manually, detecting the difference is pretty hard
-relic was contacted by the admins of this site concerning this script and they have not answered, so it doesnt seem to bother them
-does it break the EULA? the eula is not 100% clear there. there are other autohotkey scripts used for this game, for example the hotkey remapper, which is encouraged by relic. either both are illegal or none...
25 Mar 2016, 10:57 AM

Trust me on this one, you guys should just get over it and farm manually. Or better, stop farming altogether. There are lots of ways to detect a bot and i wouldn't be surprised they are already tracking those right now.

Just sent you a PM ;)
25 Mar 2016, 14:19 PM

The EULA is luckily irrelevant in my country anyway. So if Relic ever decides to take measures against farming, justified by breaking their EULA, I together with a lot of people could just sue them and we'd would easily win.

I rather think they take a Valve TF2 position on this one here. If it starts to hurt business they will attempt to create a drop system that makes farming not possible anymore but will never swing the ban hammer.

In any way a new drop system would be long overdue as the current one is just a brazen farce to the players if we're honest. 3 hours of gaming required in average for 1 drop is just way too long. Especially when I need an average of 5 drops (15h of gaming straight) to get something remotely interesting like a skin or victory strike and then again like ~50 drops/150h more to get a commander. That's just a DLC sale system in the disguise of having a realistic chance to get them via playing.
25 Mar 2016, 14:28 PM

Yeah drop should be more consistent like 1 commander after 5 hours gameplay (TF2 weapon drop rate is way more), some crafting system and farming will be redundant, tracking bot farming is bot time consuming and waste of money when more immediate concerns need to be addressed like optimization, bug fixing and balancing.
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment