Login

russian armor

Question about Maxim retreating

11 Oct 2014, 21:07 PM

Why is it when the Maxim retreats and it loses a man while retreating stops retreating all together? Is this a bug or feature?
11 Oct 2014, 21:11 PM

Bug. There are multiple threads on it
11 Oct 2014, 21:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Feature, to balance maxim spapm :snfCHVGame:
12 Oct 2014, 00:39 AM

except this affects all weapons teams
12 Oct 2014, 00:54 AM

Bug. It's pretty annoying but we have to live with it for the time being until it's fixed.
12 Oct 2014, 04:11 AM

This happened after the september 9th patch.

Part of the "Resolved a number of gameplay issues related to heavy machine guns. This includes issues with selection, positioning, and retreating."

So this is working as intended, they probably think that it's better that the retreating MGs losing a member should be stopped which probably makes sense considering how MGs were able to easily get away even when flanked by a big army but I perfer the mgs to keep on retreating because they take such a damn long time just packing up and leaving as if they move in slow motion that they might as well keep the retreating buff while they are leaving.
12 Oct 2014, 04:16 AM

I highly doubt its working as intended, as MG42/MG34 crew members still magically teleport without even having to go back and pick up the machine gun, in fact, more often than not the last man standing will be running back to base empty handed and make it out of there.

12 Oct 2014, 04:20 AM

I highly doubt its working as intended, as MG42/MG34 crew members still magically teleport without even having to go back and pick up the machine gun, in fact, more often than not the last man standing will be running back to base empty handed and make it out of there.

More like they don't even pick up their machine gun. They just run away from the place as fast as possible.
12 Oct 2014, 04:33 AM

(Not an MG team) i had a retreating squad, and one member got stuck on a pebble, but the other squad members kept running, then, after two seconds, they ran BACK to the location where the other guy was stuck and only continued back to the back once he got unstuck.

I like to refer to retreat as a broken feature. It is supposed to preserve your squad by giving up your position to the enemy. It does not seem to be working as intended these days, and is often bugged, and doesnt work. (Squads getting suppressed on retreat, retreat getting cancelled because Joe/Hans/Ivan like to rebel against High Command and rather get themselves killed)
12 Oct 2014, 04:39 AM

(Not an MG team) i had a retreating squad, and one member got stuck on a pebble, but the other squad members kept running, then, after two seconds, they ran BACK to the location where the other guy was stuck and only continued back to the back once he got unstuck.

I like to refer to retreat as a broken feature. It is supposed to preserve your squad by giving up your position to the enemy. It does not seem to be working as intended these days, and is often bugged, and doesnt work. (Squads getting suppressed on retreat, retreat getting cancelled because Joe/Hans/Ivan like to rebel against High Command and rather get themselves killed)
They decided to help get his foot out of the pebble.:p

I agree that the feature is very buggy and really needs to be looked at. It can get annoying(exciting for me) to lose squads just because of one silly thing like you mentioned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★