Login

russian armor

How do I escape P47 Rockets?

10 Oct 2014, 23:25 PM

This is just a quick question, I was playing a 2v2 on Trois Point and my ally dropped, but I was doing fine. I got a King Tiger after losing a panther to P47 as well. So he dropped flares for it I began reversing the King Tiger it strafed it once, then I moved it outside of range, back to base then second strafe hit and killed it, I lost the game because of it.

So any tips on how to escape or deal with P47s that can kill all my armour?
11 Oct 2014, 00:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Just keep moving, that's about it.
11 Oct 2014, 00:14 AM

the flak halftrack kills the p47s pretty consistently from my experience, you might want to get that a shot.
11 Oct 2014, 09:52 AM

Thanks will give it a go.
11 Oct 2014, 09:56 AM

Drive in zig zags or hide behind the building like church
11 Oct 2014, 10:02 AM

Vehicles have higher max movement speed on roads, so if you can keep the tank moving along a road it will be more likely to dodge the P47 shots. Obviously if you have Vet 1, blitzing will also help.

Getting your tank out of vision will also sometimes work - the P47s only fire on a target they have vision of, but they can scout for themselves as they fly overhead. Once they spot the tank at a certain point, they appear to be 'locked on' and will then fire on it regardless of vision. Currently, I'm not sure if its possible to exploit this in any way (e.g. using a Puma to pop smoke on a tank at the right time, or something)
11 Oct 2014, 10:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Currently, I'm not sure if its possible to exploit this in any way (e.g. using a Puma to pop smoke on a tank at the right time, or something)

That would be really clever, if it's possible.
Tall buildings and hills can block the rockets. The town & hills at the NE part of Rails and Metal, for example. Of course, that relies on the planes coming in at a bad angle :p
The AA halftrack got mentioned, and the Ostwind is really good at shooting those planes down, also, if you have it available (teammate or doctrinal). Just make sure the Ostwind is not moving, so that it has better accuracy.
11 Oct 2014, 10:49 AM

and the Ostwind is really good at shooting those planes down

Ehh, the Ostwind is just horrible. Most of the time it's not even shooting them. It's very unreliable and I don't even consider it being a counter to planes of any kind, it has failed me so many times.
12 Oct 2014, 01:02 AM

i beleive all aa capable units prefer shooting at airplanes over ground targets. You just have to position it right and it largely just kind of luck.
12 Oct 2014, 01:08 AM

you can also just drive out of their range . not possible on all maps though , their range is obviously pretty huge. It will be indicated on your screen
12 Oct 2014, 01:31 AM

smoke wont block the p47 sight it sees through smoke.
12 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM

You can escape P-47 rockets, but you can't escape P-47 crash! Muahahaha!
12 Oct 2014, 09:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 10:49 AMTNrg
Ehh, the Ostwind is just horrible. Most of the time it's not even shooting them. It's very unreliable and I don't even consider it being a counter to planes of any kind, it has failed me so many times.

Guess I'm just lucky ;)
12 Oct 2014, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 10:49 AMTNrg

Agree, Ostwind AA is so unreliable like the base Flaktruck. If you want true AA, get Flak 251, they shoot down planes in matter of seconds.
12 Oct 2014, 12:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Fixed the title for you, OP ;)
12 Oct 2014, 12:36 PM

Fixed the title for you, OP ;)

Much appreciated.
6 Nov 2014, 16:01 PM

On large maps, the P47 can shut down an attack and force you to retreat or risk losing all your vehicles, which is okay.

On smaller maps, however, particularly on 1vs1 maps, I've had many instances of my vehicles retreating all the way to the base and then still staying on the move and still getting killed. Often times, leaving the attack zone by driving towards the frontline is not an option for obvious reasons (like enemy tanks and AT), yet the attack zone stretches all the way to my base and I can't make it out even if I react instantly.

Weirdly enough, a couple times I could have sworn the P47s even attacked stuff standing outside their attack zone, like an OKW truck parked randomly in the corner of a map. Am I seeing things or did anyone else get that?

The base and FHQ flaks don't really seem to deter it at all, most of the time, by the way.
6 Nov 2014, 16:23 PM

Get out of the firing range immediately. Just keep your tank constantly moving and do not risk your engine being damaged against a USF rifle AT nade.

If in P-47 ability range, acknowledge the direction the P-47 is inbound by looking at the mini-map and move your vechile perpendicular to the direction of the plane. By doing this I usually avoid all the rockets or at most get hit by just one.
7 Nov 2014, 05:53 AM

Sometimes it will attack even if you drive back to base or randomly all over the map, bad bug I think. Had issues with that on maps like Langres & Kharkov
18 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM

I think just get the hell out of ther by pressing blitzkrieg when you can.If you want to shoot them down schwer HQ does a good job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 116
unknown 14
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak