Login

russian armor

Munitions abilites GREATLY Allies Favour

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
7 Oct 2014, 10:36 AM

Not getting 100% fuel...Sorry matey, you don't know what you're talking about.

So essentialy, What you are saying is... everyone agree with me or you dont know what you are talking about. Abandon all logic.
7 Oct 2014, 10:40 AM

Permanently Banned

So essentialy, What you are saying is... everyone agree with me or you dont know what you are talking about. Abandon all logic.

Well if they're wrong why should I agree with them? We're not exactly discussing our favourite colours here.
USF get their tanks far earlier and because of that, they can get multiple tanks and steam roll their opponent.
7 Oct 2014, 11:12 AM

120 munitions out of 500+ munitions before OKW has their first tank.

Why use zooks anyway? Better to just use sherman and jackson for AT.

I'm quite certain that USF can't hoard 500 muni before 6 min puma comes out and it takes 5 accurate shots to take down, you'll never land that against non brain dead player.
7 Oct 2014, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned

I'm quite certain that USF can't hoard 500 muni before 6 min puma comes out and it takes 5 accurate shots to take down, you'll never land that against non brain dead player.

Err use a stuart or 57mm? Seriously do you think everything OKW has is OP?
7 Oct 2014, 11:28 AM

Did you seriously just imply that Stuart beats Puma? Cause it doesn't, and it comes out later.
7 Oct 2014, 12:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Did you seriously just imply that Stuart beats Puma? Cause it doesn't, and it comes out later.

Ever heard of stun ability? Puma has to vet to get it. OMG STUART MUST BE OP >>> Fanboy logic.
7 Oct 2014, 12:05 PM

Ever heard of stun ability? Puma has to vet to get it. OMG STUART MUST BE OP >>> Fanboy logic.

Ever heard of Puma smoke ability?
7 Oct 2014, 12:08 PM

a stuart to counter puma?
Puma will beat stuart 100% of the time.
7 Oct 2014, 12:56 PM

I've got the same sensation when people here coplained about almost every single OKW unit. The truth is somwhere between though, for instance I do agree OKW has a powerfull start (better than all other factions) and this is due 90% to actual kubel state. But if USF/Soviets can resist, the midle game will begin to favor them. And that's when they have to push. Late/end game brings again powerful tools for OKW but Allies got solutions against them (B4, P47 air raid, ISU....). You just have to be a devil with USF to win though :P.
7 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

a stuart to counter puma?
Puma will beat stuart 100% of the time.

Hmmm. Someone stated Taxman is a decent player. I am not so sure. No one but him has ever complained about the Puma in a Stuart/Puma balance. No one but him has complained that the problem with OKW is that their opening game suffers against rifles.

If I take the two comments together (decent player card, complaining about OP USF) I am thinking perhaps he is complaining because he is only sometimes winning with a faction others seem to use much more effectively.

Just a supposition from reading this thread.
7 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

They're cheaper but USF make up for it in the fact that they get a unit when they tech instead of a 200 MP truck and volks cost the same to reinforce. Since Rifles are better in the early game, OKW will spend much more on reinforcement than USF. Shreks only give volks vet if they have a target to hit.

And the price USF pays for getting a unit when they tech is a significant fuel premium over other factions. I also severely doubt that the MP bleed from Volks exceeds that from Rifles when the current OKW meta includes multiple Kubels while the USF meta includes 4 rifles (and typically several further inf squads thereafter due to teching and/or paras).

Two things here. Currently, Lt into M20 is practically mandatory for USF to deal with Kubels so they are typically left with M20 mines and the vehicle crew to deal with the Puma. Secondly, if you can micro even at a basic level, you can kite the Stuart forever. If you let it get in range to penetrate with stun rounds, you have screwed up pretty badly.

Well if they're wrong why should I agree with them? We're not exactly discussing our favourite colours here.
USF get their tanks far earlier and because of that, they can get multiple tanks and steam roll their opponent.

Have a closer look at the USF tech tree. They need to spend at least 255 fuel as the bare minimum to survive BEFORE they even get access to medium tanks. And that's assuming that they go with the cheaper Lt/M20 etc instead of the Captain.
7 Oct 2014, 13:04 PM

Permanently Banned
When I said stuart to counter puma I didn't mean just a stuart, you use a 57mm when you use the stun and you back up with AT nades.
7 Oct 2014, 13:11 PM

When I said stuart to counter puma I didn't mean just a stuart, you use a 57mm when you use the stun and you back up with AT nades.

And you use your (insert any of all OKW elite infantry here) to either spawn behind the enemy or roll over them from the front.

Oh yeah, puma still has its smoke either way.
7 Oct 2014, 13:21 PM

Ok, so to counter one unit (that costs how much?), you have to have an AT gun, a stuart, a vetted rifle, and munis for the AT nade. How much mp, fuel and muni is this combined arms package?

What is the Puma, a f--ing Tiger? You do realize you are talking about a glorified armor car. It was so successful on the battlefield that the Germans built a whole 100 of them. (Maybe it was so successful they figured that was all they would need to win the war?)

And you are whining because you don't get enough grenades and mines?

I think you pretty much ended your credibility regarding resource balance.
7 Oct 2014, 13:41 PM

Permanently Banned
If Zooks performed like shreks, and BARS performed like fg42's. I'd might agree with the OP.

Back to reality. No, Allies (USF mainly are munition starved) The worst part about this is that most of their abilities are situational. They fit particular niches very poorly.
7 Oct 2014, 14:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 13:21 PMAvNY

Ok, so to counter one unit (that costs how much?), you have to have an AT gun, a stuart, a vetted rifle, and munis for the AT nade. How much mp, fuel and muni is this combined arms package?

What is the Puma, a f--ing Tiger? You do realize you are talking about a glorified armor car. It was so successful on the battlefield that the Germans built a whole 100 of them. (Maybe it was so successful they figured that was all they would need to win the war?)

And you are whining because you don't get enough grenades and mines?

I think you pretty much ended your credibility regarding resource balance.

Why are you so ignorant? I just listed a few counters you could use and you think I mean use ALL of them. Why are you talking about reality? The number of units built doesn't mean anything here.

Look at the grenade balance.

Your 'logic':

Sovs and USF have more infantry
" " " " have cheaper infantry
" " " " infantry space out more
" " " " main infantry are better than OKW mainline infantry (volks)

OKW are munitions starved to begin with

Therefore, let's make OKW grenades the weakest numerically and equally the most expensive.

As for zooks, I think they should give them the better warhead, which was available later in the war (maybe as a part of a commander?)

7 Oct 2014, 14:51 PM

What's the use of Zook or Stuart when the major issue isn't the Kubel or Puma but the combination of 3 factors.
Kubel + Puma + SP Headquarter.

The Kubel maintains you fighting for your cutoff. When you finally manage to have a M20 out, OKW has his Puma.
Now let's imagine you finally managed to take both Kubel + Puma with your M20 + zook.
Now comes the SP Headquarter in the middle of the map and a luchs raping your infantry.

In fact, if you didn't manage to kill the kubel faster enough and still are struggling to take back your own fuel point, the OKW player can skip the Puma for a Luchs. It will rape your M20 and your infantry faster than the Puma.

vs a fast Kubel opening, the best bet is going Captain + Atgun.

This resolve the Munition problem USF vs OKW. Munition is completely useless for USF, there nothing to counter a OKW well managed on early/mid game with it.
7 Oct 2014, 14:53 PM

Volks better than rifles? What planet are you on?

Volks cant beat rifles at any range until volks reach vet 5. Vet 4 volks versus vet 3 rifles is a draw. And that's only if you don't upgrade your rifles with anything.

They're the worst main-line AI infantry unit in the game. The only thing that makes them decent is shreks and vet.

If your rifles can't beat volks. L2p L2building. Sorry but that's how it is.

Uh, quote where I said Volks are better than rifles, please?

Not that your flailing around trying to attack a non-existent part of my post to fit your bias isn't entertaining, but come on, at least pretend to have a point.
7 Oct 2014, 14:57 PM

OKW doesnt need to research their grenades, and from a USF point of view USF granades hardly kill anyone but the OKW can kill 4 models or even wipe a squad.
7 Oct 2014, 15:05 PM

Not getting 100% fuel...Sorry matey, you don't know what you're talking about.

Vetlolcake...is that you?
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight