PAGES (6)down
7 Oct 2014, 05:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

2 bazookas for 120 munitions are a bargain right
7 Oct 2014, 06:07 AM

Permanently Banned
2 bazookas for 120 munitions are a bargain right

120 munitions out of 500+ munitions before OKW has their first tank.

Why use zooks anyway? Better to just use sherman and jackson for AT.
7 Oct 2014, 06:26 AM

nerf allies :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2014, 06:40 AM

you mean starting the match with one of the best anti-infatry squads in the game isnt enough in terms of flexibility for okw?

I'm talking more of a doctrine upgrade 2cp - 3cp, but i would rather OKW get an overhaul, they were good on paper but in-game they are gimmicky and cheese like soviets. I think they need some changes at the least.
7 Oct 2014, 06:42 AM

Permanently Banned

Have you checked coh2 stats?

Volks lose to Rifles at every range. You should probably check on that. :D
7 Oct 2014, 07:18 AM

Rifles lose to sturmpios every time if you know how to use sturmpios.
Rear Echalon lose to every starting OKW unit. They have the voley fire ability but even using that ability nobody guarantees that they will realy force retreat, and anyway, their supressing power it's nothing compared to what kubel can do.
If you want to imply that OKW has a weaker start than USF.... then let's say your USF game experience is very very questionable.
7 Oct 2014, 07:24 AM

Unsurprising given that they're significantly cheaper than rifles. Incidentally, they eventually beat rifles once they vet up - which is pretty easy to do because schreks feed them vet at light speed.

On topic though, while Soviets don't have many munition dumps, USF are probably the most munition-starved faction in the game - largely due to their vast number of expensive (and mandatory) inf and armour upgrades, nevermind their dependence on grenades. Even discounting the incredibly expensive double BARs/bazookas/M1919s and nades on rifles, they need to dump munitions into armour skirts for the M20 and probably several uses of smoke and active abilities on their AT guns/Stuart before they even get to the medium tanks - and then the MG upgrades on those cost more than the Axis' for whatever reason. Hell, to even compete with Obers, which only require MP, Paras need to spend 120 munitions a piece.
7 Oct 2014, 07:32 AM

Permanently Banned

Rear Echalon lose to every starting OKW unit. They have the voley fire ability but even using that ability nobody guarantees that they will realy force retreat, and anyway, their supressing power it's nothing compared to what kubel can do.
If you want to imply that OKW has a weaker start than USF.... then let's say your USF game experience is very very questionable.

If you know how to use rear echelons you're going to win against sturm pios. 1 RE and 1 Rifle squad will wipe out any sturm pio squad quite easily. Sturmpios are expensive to reinforce use that to your advantage.

If you make contact with a sturm pio squad at long range, they'll be dead before they can kill a second rifle model.
7 Oct 2014, 07:35 AM

Permanently Banned

Unsurprising given that they're significantly cheaper than rifles. Incidentally, they eventually beat rifles once they vet up - which is pretty easy to do because schreks feed them vet at light speed.

On topic though, while Soviets don't have many munition dumps, USF are probably the most munition-starved faction in the game - largely due to their vast number of expensive (and mandatory) inf and armour upgrades, nevermind their dependence on grenades. Even discounting the incredibly expensive double BARs/bazookas/M1919s and nades on rifles, they need to dump munitions into armour skirts for the M20 and probably several uses of smoke and active abilities on their AT guns/Stuart before they even get to the medium tanks - and then the MG upgrades on those cost more than the Axis' for whatever reason. Hell, to even compete with Obers, which only require MP, Paras need to spend 120 munitions a piece.

They're cheaper but USF make up for it in the fact that they get a unit when they tech instead of a 200 MP truck and volks cost the same to reinforce. Since Rifles are better in the early game, OKW will spend much more on reinforcement than USF. Shreks only give volks vet if they have a target to hit.
Vaz
7 Oct 2014, 07:41 AM

Wait..what? An actual meaningful post that goes along with what most people can easily observe in just about every game? It must be a cold day in hell today, I'm going to sleep.
7 Oct 2014, 08:27 AM

If you know how to use rear echelons you're going to win against sturm pios. 1 RE and 1 Rifle squad will wipe out any sturm pio squad quite easily. Sturmpios are expensive to reinforce use that to your advantage.

If you make contact with a sturm pio squad at long range, they'll be dead before they can kill a second rifle model.

of course all is conjectural, I won't deny it, but what is certain is that a properly manned sturmpio-kubel-volks combo will win in most of cases against a properly manned rifle-RE combo. And that's a fact. I am walking pretty sure with OKW combo in startgame but alot less sure with that USF combo :D
7 Oct 2014, 08:39 AM
Patrion 14

AMEN to that. I am easily less biased than this exclusive allied lover guy. I'm playing all faction at least, even if i play Axis more. I like balance and common sense, not bias.

if you are gonna bash someone for his sub-optimal playercard stats, at least show your own
7 Oct 2014, 08:43 AM

Permanently Banned

if you are gonna bash someone for his sub-optimal playercard stats, at least show your own

We're not talking about skill. We're talking about the absolutely clear conflict of interest in buffing the Allies. They don't care about balancing the game, they just want their side to win.
7 Oct 2014, 08:55 AM

I have no doubt that JohnnyB doesn't play with other factions as well but I think pigsoup's point was that nobody knows if JohnnyB plays other factions since his playercard is not set.
7 Oct 2014, 08:59 AM

We're not talking about skill. We're talking about the absolutely clear conflict of interest in buffing the Allies. They don't care about balancing the game, they just want their side to win.

Well everyone whant to win! The problem with USF is that most tools you get feel not appropriate to counter the tools of the enemy, and like someone wrote sometime ago the Axis players facing USF have nothing to fear, maybe the Jackson but that also can be scared away. USF is average and requires in this state of balances all tools it has to win nerf them and they are useless.
7 Oct 2014, 09:59 AM

Munitions abilites GREATLY Allies Favour.
Fuel units GREATLY Axis Favour.

Assymetric balance. Oh, wait... no balance here.
7 Oct 2014, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
Munitions abilites GREATLY Allies Favour.
Fuel units GREATLY Axis Favour.

Assymetric balance. Oh, wait... no balance here.

Not getting 100% fuel...Sorry matey, you don't know what you're talking about.
PAGES (6)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS