Login

russian armor

Munitions abilites GREATLY Allies Favour

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
5 Oct 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 12:45 PMSeeker

You think it would be better if they made raketenwerfers viable instead of schreck atm, they miss too much and take too long to aim.

I never get why those guys whining volksscrecks that much, OKW have no true tank ensnare except Falls. Volkscrecks alone can never kill the driver were asleep or got damaged engine, 90 muni for one screck (and it is weaker than PG screck) is actually stupidly expensive. Volks do not really have good killing power if it is not the nade squad wiping careless Allies squad.
5 Oct 2014, 12:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 flame posts invised. Please keep it clean :)
5 Oct 2014, 12:55 PM

I never get why those guys whining volksscrecks that much, OKW have no true tank ensnare except Falls. Volkscrecks alone can never kill the driver were asleep or got damaged engine, 90 muni for one screck is actually stupidly expensive. Volks not really have good killing power if it is not the nade squad wiping careless Allies squad.

I'm not complaining about schrecks, just that it would be good if raketenwerfers were useful for early game.
5 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 12:55 PMSeeker

I'm not complaining about schrecks, just that it would be good if raketenwerfers were useful for early game.

I wasn't blaming you complaining anyway, the Rakentens are the earliest ATG but they are VERY unreliable against early game light armour.
They are doing fine shooting T34, maybe M3/M20 having some magnetic deflecting shield jamming its warhead.
5 Oct 2014, 12:59 PM

...Yours on the otherhand doesnt highlight why i am so wrong. You're so much of a devoted fanboy you don't want this game balanced.

Your claim was Allies are favored in terms of munitions income and the strength of their abilties/upgrades. As has been pointed out, that is a false statement. I didnt want to repeat that. Who spends Mun for what, was my constructive blink. Sorry for the rest of the post, as it might have been a little toxic. Point still stands.

... obers get lmg for free. Falls get 4 fg42's for free. Mg's on tanks are really cheap. invest in shreks and u can easily deny all allied armor flanks.

Basically l2p...

you just need to be very selective of which munition abilities are important to you. priority #1 should be shreks, and after that it is up to your discretion and what the situation calls for...

Basically what is done here is balance early t0 Schrecks with you needing to decide if you need them (Sov t1, US t2) or can spam nades u dont have to research. In later stages u dont need mun to unlock the potential of your infantrie (besides fuss), like dp-42, lmg 42, bars, 1919bars, thompsons, ppsh. So can keep laying mines, throwing nades and equip even the last volk with a schreck.

You made a post that defeated itself, not a good basis fo discussion. You did do that by just picking few aspects of the whole picture and dramatizing the shit out of it. Even tho you seem to be able to play this game on a half decent level.

Btw squad wipes due to squad size is an etnirely different topic.

5 Oct 2014, 13:00 PM

Yes just armoured cars can't be countered by them that well forcing you to go for schreck which means no grenades for a bit.
5 Oct 2014, 17:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Really? I think this is a case of confirmation bias.
7 Oct 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 11:45 AMSeeker
What would people think of giving Volks an MP40 upgrade pack make them more flexible, instead of just AT infantry, plus it would give OKW players something to spend munition on other than spamming grenades.

It could be in a doctrine like conscript ppsh package

you mean starting the match with one of the best anti-infatry squads in the game isnt enough in terms of flexibility for okw?
7 Oct 2014, 00:15 AM

Some abilities can easily be too much...

like spamming zis barrages for example..

There is alot u can do

mines= minesweepers

u can also clear mortars and ATG guns with stuka easily.

I dont agree that okw abilitie are weaker. Okw get the best and cheapest spy plane in-game (flares) obers get lmg for free. Falls get 4 fg42's for free. Mg's on tanks are really cheap. invest in shreks and u can easily deny all allied armor flanks.

Basically l2p...

Falls and Obers already pay for them in their standard manpower costs. If they needed to upgrade their weapons then it would be like shocks when needed to upgrade for their ppshes. Shock spam everywhere for 200 mp or something back then. Then they all got ppshes
7 Oct 2014, 00:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 11:45 AMSeeker
What would people think of giving Volks an MP40 upgrade pack make them more flexible, instead of just AT infantry, plus it would give OKW players something to spend munition on other than spamming grenades.

It could be in a doctrine like conscript ppsh package

Wouldn't it be kinda redundant with the existence of Sturmpios?
7 Oct 2014, 01:25 AM

OKW is a horribly designed army paper. Ingame they're worse.

I'm pretty sure OKW is always going to be OP or UP.
7 Oct 2014, 02:02 AM

you mean starting the match with one of the best anti-infatry squads in the game isnt enough in terms of flexibility for okw?

Word. OKW gets 3 very good units right out of the gate; a sturdy long-range infantry with shrecks and grenades, a powerful suppressing light vehicle, and their starting unit is a very good close-range infantry that repairs fast and can scale all game if well used. They can also immediately access a third of their tech tree. If that's not ealry game versatility, I don't know what is. It's definitely much better than playing US and having one viable unit until you tech.

Plus, with the crazy vet bonuses Volks get (50% received accuracy at vet 5 anyone?), giving them potent AI weapons would make them too powerful for their low cost. At vet 5 they can easily shrug off anything but explosives or multiple squad's worth of firepower.

I mean, let's not act as if OKW lacks elite infantry, alright?
7 Oct 2014, 04:46 AM

Permanently Banned

Word. OKW gets 3 very good units right out of the gate; a sturdy long-range infantry with shrecks and grenades, a powerful suppressing light vehicle, and their starting unit is a very good close-range infantry that repairs fast and can scale all game if well used. They can also immediately access a third of their tech tree. If that's not ealry game versatility, I don't know what is. It's definitely much better than playing US and having one viable unit until you tech.

Plus, with the crazy vet bonuses Volks get (50% received accuracy at vet 5 anyone?), giving them potent AI weapons would make them too powerful for their low cost. At vet 5 they can easily shrug off anything but explosives or multiple squad's worth of firepower.

I mean, let's not act as if OKW lacks elite infantry, alright?

Volks better than rifles? What planet are you on?

Volks cant beat rifles at any range until volks reach vet 5. Vet 4 volks versus vet 3 rifles is a draw. And that's only if you don't upgrade your rifles with anything.

They're the worst main-line AI infantry unit in the game. The only thing that makes them decent is shreks and vet.

If your rifles can't beat volks. L2p L2building. Sorry but that's how it is.
7 Oct 2014, 04:50 AM

Permanently Banned

Volks better than rifles? What planet are you on?

Volks cant beat rifles at any range until volks reach vet 5.

Volks beat rifles at long range
7 Oct 2014, 04:57 AM

Yes OKW munitions abilities are more expensive, but they get vet 5. I want to say its asymetrical balance and that's fine but most of the OKW abilities were not too strong they didn't need adjustment, but their infantry was simply overperforming to the extent that they were nearly unstoppable if played right so a change had to be made.

This state of balance isn't permanent as they simply reverted the penalty in a hotfix. They are trying to find a way to balance the faction and this is just a stepping stone as they try to find out how the make the faction unique but without making them gimicky or overwhelming as they were previously
7 Oct 2014, 05:37 AM

While I agree with the fact that those soviet mines act sometimes as they are completely broken, I don't think it's fair to judge like that. Yep, in 90% of their games OKW can't afford to build mines, for instance. That's why that fortifications doctrine cannot show its entire value.

BUT let's imagine what Allied infantry would be (doesn't matter what unit we are reffering to) without amo upgrades. I think it's quite clear for everybody. On the other hand, what amo upgrade OKW needs? Its units are armed with everything they need, with the exceptions of volks, of course. Not speaking about those 10 amo grenades (infiltration tactics) from scavange and special operations doctrine. So I think Allied are pretty much AMO DEPENDANT, not the OKW, but this is not a problem for them, because they usually have plenty of it. Sure it's frustrting as an OKW player to look and see your 80% AMO income but then you realise you're doing just fine with this income and you're doing fine without planting mines.
So related to amo income and usage, dunno, I think the things are pretty balanced and sensible.
7 Oct 2014, 05:41 AM

90 muni for one screck (and it is weaker than PG screck) is actually stupidly expensive.

Agree tot this. It's stupid.
7 Oct 2014, 05:49 AM

if you have your T2 truck do munitions focus instead of fuel focus, you can easily muster up all the munitions you could ever want to buy anything.

or at the very least you could opt to not go for fuel conversion if you want to keep your munitions income reasonable.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS