Login

russian armor

USF Cost of Lieutenant vs effectiveness

30 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM

Why is the LT. so expensive? Hes such an underperforming unit yet is extremely expensive to field and reinforce. The cost to unlock T1 is probably OK, but the performance of the LT vs the cost to reinforce is absurd especially since he has paper armor, terrible damage, no unique abilities other than running really fast at tier 3, which is very inefficient to get since he dies super easy and cost way too much to reinforce. Almost all the higher tier players I've seen just let him die after his initial push or wont reinforce because he is so useless.

Maybe giving him unlocked nades/smoke or an inspire ability like sturmofficer would bring him more in line, but as it stands, he is just to expensive for what he does even with his thompson that doesnt do anything more than standard riflemen.
30 Sep 2014, 20:23 PM

Just curious, exactly how much is the reinforce cost for LTs?
30 Sep 2014, 20:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

he's actually cheaper than riflemen to reinforce. Lieutenant squad reinforces for 25, riflemen for 28.

But, to reinforce the 5th model costs 50.

This is because 25+25+25+25+50 = 150, which comes to 50% of his re-purchase price of 300.

BUT, it's bugged so that it only costs 50 if you wait until there are 4 models to hit reinforce. If you just spam the reinforce key, he only costs 25. So in that regard, he's actually very cheap :D

I think the lieutenant is not THAT terrible for just 20 mp more than standard rifles, he is just not the beastly killing machine he used to be haha
30 Sep 2014, 20:33 PM

Well in that case, the LT is more than cost efficient if you lose more than 1 guy when you reinforce. 200 mp and 50 fuel for T1 unlock as well as what is essentially a rifle squad with better vet bonuses is dope.
30 Sep 2014, 20:37 PM

OH so thats why I see that 50 MP hahaha. Yes I spam the R key, then I hover over reinforce and I'm like, "how much did I just spend?" 50*4 = 200 MP. TWO HUNDRED Fing MP FOR THAT POS?! well, never mind then.
30 Sep 2014, 20:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Haha, well nobody said he is cost efficient. I transition him out of my army once he is down to 3 men by crewing a team weapon with him (whether paradropped or stolen). He will place his BAR on the ground so you can recover it with another squad. What good is lieutenant after 8mins? He can't use rifle grenades and that's all rifles are good for mid-late game. USF bleed lots of manpower reinforcing 5-7 squad blob, so no need to make it worse keeping this officer around.
30 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 20:39 PMRomeo
Haha, well nobody said he is cost efficient. I transition him out of my army once he is down to 3 men by crewing a team weapon with him (whether paradropped or stolen). He will place his BAR on the ground so you can recover it with another squad. What good is lieutenant after 8mins? He can't use rifle grenades and that's all rifles are good for mid-late game. USF bleed lots of manpower reinforcing 5-7 squad blob, so no need to make it worse keeping this officer around.

But. But. He can run when out of combat :foreveralone:.
30 Sep 2014, 20:49 PM

I find the LT good for ninja-capping after the mid-game, because the permanent sprint makes the LT great for covering long distances. Much better than crewing weapon teams.
30 Sep 2014, 20:49 PM

Very nice idea, i will try it out.
30 Sep 2014, 20:58 PM

Haha, well nobody said he is cost efficient. I transition him out of my army once he is down to 3 men by crewing a team weapon with him (whether paradropped or stolen). He will place his BAR on the ground so you can recover it with another squad.

Cool, I'll try that!
Vaz
30 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

RIP LT
30 Sep 2014, 23:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Love to use the Sprinting Vet 3 LT/CPT/MAJ as distant capper. Saved my ass in some close VP games.
1 Oct 2014, 02:03 AM

wow i didnt know the leutenant drops his bar when he crews a weapon. do all units with bars do this?
1 Oct 2014, 04:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

wow i didnt know the leutenant drops his bar when he crews a weapon. do all units with bars do this?

Idk I don't go around crewing weapons with 3-man geared up squads all the time :D
1 Oct 2014, 05:02 AM

The lieutenant's Thompson SMG seems rather deadly though :D
1 Oct 2014, 05:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Recrewing weapon teams with a lieutenant can result in some... strange behavior. Like machine gun teams with four LTs in them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6oIvTqOTnQ#t=1169
28 Jan 2015, 17:49 PM

Have lieutenant some buff aura? I hear about accuracy aura, but i cant find any information.

And captain have armour aura (+0,5), it is true?
28 Jan 2015, 18:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It used to affect Paratroopers models who were alive by the time the unit first appeared, but it was patched.
28 Jan 2015, 18:11 PM

Lieutenant -oh the free unit that pwns my grenadiers and also outnumbers my army.You want it more cost-effective than free?Go ahead,lol.American infantry need all the buffs they can get after all.Paratrooper reinforce should also be reduced to 25,28 is too cost-ineffective.
28 Jan 2015, 18:48 PM

Permanently Banned
LT is fine
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
United States 2
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W