Login

russian armor

Opel Blitz Truck

16 Apr 2013, 13:54 PM

Hey all,

Does anyone have a solid replay where one of the Otheer players chooses the Commander that gives access to the Opel blitz Truck?

I haven't had the time to put in enough games to reach level 19 to find out for myself. I'd like to see how that as well as the arty for that commander works.

Thanks!

Det
16 Apr 2013, 14:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I don't know what "solid" means but this replay has one of those trucks.
16 Apr 2013, 14:24 PM

I can make a video in 5 hours for you. Instead you could try this:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/2372/how-to-leveling-and-battle-honor
to get to lvl 19 in 5 minutes and try it yourself.
16 Apr 2013, 19:12 PM

I don't know what "solid" means but this replay has one of those trucks.

I'm not sure I do either. What I mean to say was that I'm looking for a replay where that particular commander (Assault Support) is used effectively. I don't want a replay where the Opel Truck is built and then blown up a minute later and/or the fragmentation bomb is used but the area targeted has all squads retreated in time (thus rendering it useless).

I want to see the long-term benefits of the Cargo Truck as well as the effectiveness (in practice) of the fragmentation bomb.

Thanks for the replay, I'll check that one out.

EDIT: I believe you sent me the wrong replay, your Ostheer opponent did not bring the Assault Support commander into battle that game.
16 Apr 2013, 21:26 PM

I can make a video in 5 hours for you. Instead you could try this:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/2372/how-to-leveling-and-battle-honor
to get to lvl 19 in 5 minutes and try it yourself.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up doing just that and found out for myself :)
17 Apr 2013, 21:46 PM

Opel Blitz gives you resources from each territory that you own
- if you place your Opel Blitz on territory that it next to a sector base you will get only 1 fuel and 3 munitions every 20 seconds
- if you place your Opel Blitz in territory that isn't next to a base sector you will get 1 fuel, 3 munitions and probably another 1 fuel and 4 munitions but i'm not sure (resouces you get from Opel Blitz are shown on screen but it's hard to say how much you get fuel, but i'm sure about munitions)
- placing Opel Blitz on muni points and fuel doesn't give you more resources
- placing Opel Blitz on sectors that have OP's doesn't give you more resources
- Opel Blitz works only when it's lockdown in sector territory (this circle)
- Opel blitz have some fun animations, when it's lockdown, some fuel barrels will appear arround, and btw, this truck gives green cover MVGame

If you have like 3 Opel blitz trucks, even on sectors next to base sector you got so much munitions.... you can spam strafing runs, anything you want, it's really good to call it as fast as possible
22 Apr 2013, 15:33 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'd like to know more details here. It seems like there are still some blanks to be filled in.

The in-game graphic just complicates things, because it's buggy. It gives two read-outs on top of each other and even a little icon at the bottom with +this and +that everywhere.

From a replay I just watched it seems that the truck is giving between +1 and +3 fuel and between +1 and +6 munitions (depending on how many sectors you own) every 20s, no matter which sector it's placed upon (not including VPs, which give nothing). And ofc, it doesn't matter whether the truck is in the capping circle or not, it can be anywhere in the sector.
22 Apr 2013, 15:54 PM

I think this commander sticks out as a sore thumb, as it can give a huge resource advantage to german players above level 19.
It's like a must-have in every team game. :(

I hope there won't be "DLC-only" commanders like this!
22 Apr 2013, 16:05 PM

I'd like to know more details here. It seems like there are still some blanks to be filled in.

The in-game graphic just complicates things, because it's buggy. It gives two read-outs on top of each other and even a little icon at the bottom with +this and +that everywhere.

From a replay I just watched it seems that the truck is giving between +1 and +3 fuel and between +1 and +6 munitions (depending on how many sectors you own) every 20s, no matter which sector it's placed upon (not including VPs, which give nothing). And ofc, it doesn't matter whether the truck is in the capping circle or not, it can be anywhere in the sector.

this is from the alpha, so no guarantee that this is still true (though i think the mechanics are probably still the same):

Cargo Truck (1CP): 200 MP
can "lock down" a sector (can still be capped!), can be put anywhere in a sector. increases resource income for sectors by +3 ammo and +2 fuel for non-OP'd sectors and +6 ammo +4 fuel for sectors that already have an OP (non-strat point fuel/ammo points can't be OP'd, so they only grant you +3 ammo and +2 fuel)
22 Apr 2013, 16:25 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Seems to max at +3 fuel whether it's on an OP'd sector or not. Seems to depend on how many total sectors you own, and have no relation to where the truck is placed.
22 Apr 2013, 16:31 PM

i just went through the game files and this is what i found:

the supply truck lockdown does not check whether there is an OP on the sector or not, so an OP has no effect.

for a regular "stratpoint" ("territory_point_mp" for the game), the resource income is changed by 1 fuel and 2 ammo.
for a fuel point, the resource income is changed by 2 fuel.
for a ammo point, the resource income is changed by 4 ammo.

i might have overlooked some stuff, or misinterpreted some of the redundant and convoluted requirements/actions parts, but since this seems to be a reasonable explanation of what seems to be happening in game, i do believe that this is correct.
22 Apr 2013, 16:34 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2013, 16:31 PMcr4wler
for a regular "stratpoint" ("territory_point_mp" for the game), the resource income is changed by 1 fuel and 2 ammo.

This sounds correct. I think this counts for each sector that you own, with a max of +6 ammo and +3 fuel. So if you own at least 3 sectors, all of your trucks will be hauling in at their maximum potential.

Did anybody try 2 trucks on one point? lulz
22 Apr 2013, 16:45 PM

just as a reminder: the resource modification is implemented by adding an upgrade ("cargo_truck_fill_state") to the entity of the cargo truck, which is triggered by the ability ("cargo_truck_lockdown"). this upgrade does not have a global max limit. so you could possibly have 30 cargo trucks locked down across the map. i did not find any limitations regarding max resources added for a single sector, nor for a total cap of resources gained via cargo trucks (these kinds of limits might be in there somewhere, they might be somwhere i'm not looking or i might just have missed them entirely).
22 Apr 2013, 16:50 PM

I didn't check the resource income to verify whether they were cut off or not, but in a replay I watched someone cutoff a chunk of territory that had an blitz truck in one of 3 disconnected territories, and they didn't flash the way they ought to have for being disconnected.
22 Apr 2013, 17:00 PM

I just set FRAPS to make a screenshot every second and made this in a completely new game:

too late :-(
22 Apr 2013, 17:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I have no idea what you're trying to show with those images. Can you explain?
22 Apr 2013, 17:17 PM

nothing new just that it is giving +1 fuel +2 munitions regardless of normal sector being near base or not

btw only one truck per sector allowed otherwise ability can't activate
22 Apr 2013, 17:29 PM

yes, upon ability activation the target sector is being checked for a) being a friendly sector and b) already having the upgrade "supply_truck_active". the ability can only be used if a) is true and b) is not. mind you: for the ability to be effective (as in generate resources) the sector has to be connected, for the ability to be usable, it does not have to be connected.
22 Apr 2013, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2013, 16:31 PMcr4wler
i just went through the game files and this is what i found:

Not as I recorded
Income seems to be
6 Munitions and 3 Fuel for Fuel Points and Munitions alike.

Screenshot:
22 Apr 2013, 17:40 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This is the most complicated truck in the history of the world.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★