Login

russian armor

Discuss: How to deal with Kubelwagon early?

• This thread is locked
23 Sep 2014, 16:46 PM

I play both Allies and Axis from time to time and lately I've had a few matches where the Kubelwagen is getting into my hair. I'm not here to argue whether or not the unit is balanced but I'd really like to have someone lend me their strategy early game on fighting them.

As soviets, I usually try to tech up my AT nade as soon as possible when I have a OKW instead of going for my molotov first. Even then if the OKW player is wise (and they usually are), the Kubelwagen will be placed safely so that I have to lose good few models in order to lob a AT nade. This only cripples the Kubel, not destroy it. I've yet to figure out a good way to finish it off other than sending a second squad. All this time, if the Kubel was supported with a SP or Volks I am in a lot of trouble. I could also start with Support Komp but the Zis is pretty slow setting up and aiming. It also has a chance of missing as soon as the Kubel begins zooming away to safety. Maxim can shoot at it a bit but it usually just forces the Kubel to retreat.

As USF, I'm sort of stuck. I usually pray to get a vet squad fast enough (I don't have Riflemen Company) so I can AT nade the Kubelwagen, but that is still very iffy since there is a chance the Rifle squad won't vet in time. The AT gun much too late and unless I pull of a good flank (which is difficult considering Kubelwagen has a good sight range) I'm denied a certain route because of the suppression. I suppose I could blob a lot of Riflemen and circle the Kubelwagen but that sounds like a lot of commitment and I definitely won't get a worthy trade.

So...uh...help?
I'm trying to adapt, I really do.
23 Sep 2014, 16:51 PM

Step 1: Bend over, grit teeth
Step 2: Spread cheeks, begin reciting national anthem of choice and crying
Step 3: Accept kubel into your innermost being. Get pinned. CoH2 esports 2014.

More seriously, your best hopes are M3's for soviets and smoke grenades + elite rifles for USF.

Obviously, your opponent can deal with this alarmingly easily just by A) Buying a shreck or B) Moving their kubelwagen back.

But it's something, right?
23 Sep 2014, 16:55 PM

Soviet wise:

Maxims can work ... but you have to put up with he retreating bugs.

Best I think is the M3 but you have to put a squad in it ... eng or penals with flame work well.

well placed mines
23 Sep 2014, 16:58 PM

This is a #L2NP issue (learn not to play).

Don't play USF. Just bad. Tell your friends not to and ESPECIALLY tell them not to buy it.

I uninstalled the game so my friends wouldn't be able to talk me into playing as I sometimes forget how little fun I now have.
23 Sep 2014, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 16:58 PMAvNY

Don't play USF. Just bad. Tell your friends not to and ESPECIALLY tell them not to buy it.

I uninstalled the game so my friends wouldn't be able to talk me into playing as I sometimes forget how little fun I now have.

Are you really going to keep posting on these forums then?

You don't even have the game installed and you don't want people to buy it, so go away please.

As for on-topic, Maxims do full damage to Kubels even when pinned and M3 scout cars can do some damage with a supporting squad. USF have to really work to outmaneuver Kubel to kill it.
23 Sep 2014, 17:11 PM

i found that the m3 is still a very good counter to the kübelwagen in this patch, plus you get snipers to deal with the sturmpioneer next to the kübel. the m3 will win, unless you drive it into the sturpioneers' and kübel's weapons combined. i usually bait the sturmpioneers away from the kübel with my combat engineers (if it is later in the game I try to snipe them), and flank the kübel with the m3 and hunt it down. USF i can't really help you since i didn't play them very often this patch, and the only time i faced (4) kübels with USF in a 2v2, i just surrendered. aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif
23 Sep 2014, 17:12 PM

Soviet wise:

Maxims can work ... but you have to put up with he retreating bugs.

Best I think is the M3 but you have to put a squad in it ... eng or penals with flame work well.

well placed mines

Yes M3 with flamer works well. You can zoom by the Sturmpios and try to get a good flank on the M3.

Going Maxims vs Kubel is okay too but you will be very static. Once the Sturmpios flank your MG you are going to get pushed back
23 Sep 2014, 17:21 PM

I'm seeing that ideal counter would be a M3 for Soviets.

Anyone having any ideas as USF?
23 Sep 2014, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 16:58 PMAvNY

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

USF is literally hardcountered by kubel.

Your early game is hardcountered by his because riflemen are your early game.

You literally have no chance all things equal or remotely close.
23 Sep 2014, 17:25 PM

2 REs and a fighting position at your fuel or cut-off works on some maps....but it really depends on your opponent.
23 Sep 2014, 17:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Bend over

Pray that they use lube
23 Sep 2014, 17:32 PM

Refer (and contribute) to this thread here for slightly more constructive suggestions.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/24273/kubel-counterplay

23 Sep 2014, 17:57 PM

Are you really going to keep posting on these forums then?

You don't even have the game installed and you don't want people to buy it, so go away please.

As for on-topic, Maxims do full damage to Kubels even when pinned and M3 scout cars can do some damage with a supporting squad. USF have to really work to outmaneuver Kubel to kill it.

A) Of course I can keep posting here if I am going to be constructive. (And by the way, boycotting USF purchases is probably the most constructive way to promote more effort to balance by Relic.)

B) I still hope one day they learn to balance this game as I would like to play the game we all think it could be. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing COH1, and that is most of my total game time as being a family man and a business owner I don't have a lot of free time.
23 Sep 2014, 18:03 PM

You will not flank it on the ground so better use aircraft. With the strong Kubel some abilitys like mark target and p-47 should be moved to 0 cp and have a lower municost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★