Login

russian armor

Game leavers

23 Sep 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 04:32 AMNinjaWJ
Of course it feels terrible to play a lost game. I would just leave as well. However, I think players can "abuse" this mindset. People leave after losing the first engagement, losing vp, fuel, etc. I seen players leave for the smallest of things. I think there's a fine line between leaving because there is no more hope, and fighting it out

There is option to vote for team surrender in case you don't want to continue to "play lost game".
At least it is honest to other players of your team.
23 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

I always find it funny when the opponent has 2 heavy tanks and 3-4 medium tanks, you just lost yours and your ally won't surrender, because he thinks his call-in Tiger/IS-2 will face down the T34 and ISU/Panzer 4 and Tiger hoard and turn the game around(even though he has no infantry and has done nothing substantial all game). So he says, "Hold on dude let me get my tank out..."
23 Sep 2014, 14:07 PM

Hmmm I think we should change the surrender option really It should be 3 yes and 1 no = surrender.

Leaving should be penalized if:

1. You drop after 30 seconds - 1 minute

Dcing or dropping because of internet should not be punished (unless it is after 1 minute).

I am getting an impression that so many people just drop when something, anything goes bad. Please think about your teammate (even though he or she may suck or be a douchebag). Take the classy way out and surrender (even if they do no want to).

BUT all our discussion goes to shit if Relic does not implement any system for penalizing afkers, leavers, etc.
23 Sep 2014, 14:38 PM

This what the surrender option is for.

But then again, I don't give a crap about rank. If my team drops, I drop and try to get a good game.

I try to enjoy the time I have to play games. Winning is great, but hollow victories aren't worth my time. And CoH2 is increasingly hollow.
23 Sep 2014, 16:02 PM

I frequently am forced to go afk in team games because we will be getting beaten bad, clearly, and my team won't surrender

Or we load up with an afk and everyone must drop
23 Sep 2014, 16:57 PM

So you suggest that you should be able to pick games where you are winning?
"I've lost first engagement - screw that game! I'd better start another one and try again."

U clearly musunderstood what i was trying to say. I dont think good fun games are the ones where you know after 5 minutes you will win/loose. The problem at hand is different one completly.

You're spoiling the game for your teammates!

There are surrender voting option in case if you don't want to play.

There is option to vote for team surrender in case you don't want to continue to "play lost game".
At least it is honest to other players of your team.

And whats your obsession with the surrender option? In what way is Surrendering better then just using quit match? In the few random games i played, i did not once just quit. I asked pople if we want to try what failed so far different and so on. Besides getting verbally abused or ignored there wasnt really much. You mostly will not get a response asking if surrendering might be an option. But either way it makes no difference.

I frequently am forced to go afk in team games because we will be getting beaten bad, clearly, and my team won't surrender

Or we load up with an afk and everyone must drop

I know both of those, but dont you think your in the same league as the afk at start dude? Besides there are a ton of legitimate things that can happen and the only way is alt-f4 during load.

But with your kind of reaction poeple who didnt want to surrender (beeing masochists, not caring about the outcome, whatever). Are fucked hard, cause there isnt even an ai but just one player boycotting the game. Thats even worse then having the afk dude at start, since besides waiting for a match there is no time wasted.

ElSlayer, dont you think he should better quit?

23 Sep 2014, 17:03 PM

Well usually quits happen before the player tells his or her teammates that hey have the intention of the leaving the match. This usually infuriates or puzzles the other teammates. Making a surrender option makes it known that you do not wish to play anymore. I think it is a "safer" and "nicer" option than just quitting
23 Sep 2014, 18:17 PM

Game has become completely "unplayable" since last patch.

Playing random 2v2 as USF is undoable and even when I play soviet 80% of teammates leave straight away when they see 2+ kubels...

Edit: Modified the word between "" for obvious reasons!
23 Sep 2014, 18:57 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^^^ ^^^

I understand your pain, I really do. Trust me.:) The vibes on this board are currently too strong to deny it.

However, may I prevail upon you to use something as caustic, but less offensive, than "fucked" ?

e.g. "abominable", or "unplayable", or "excrescent", or "utterly hopeless", or "dire", or "beyond hope", or "catastrophic", or some such? Otherwise, I have to class this with the likes of "fucking parthing" etc and so.... invis......

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★