Login

russian armor

a way vs spam

20 Sep 2014, 07:56 AM

spamfest is a ongoing problem in this game and maby this is an idea i came up that can change that.
lets keep it simpel

1e x oostroopen = 200mp
2nd x oostroopen = 210mp
3th x oostroopen = 220mp
4th x oostroopen = 230mp

that means that i can go eitgher a 5th oestroopen unit for 240 mp or i can go granadiers for 240. this opens op the option that i can buy a better unit for the same or almost the same price as a lower tier unit.

if you aplay a x amout of mp and feul ontop of the 1st unit for every time it gets build again when he is stil on the field that makes you use other units that are at that moment cheaper and might have other role as well. but if you realy need that 1 type of unit that you do have to pay the extra cost for it.

when a unit dies also the price sould reduce as well ofcorse

if you add this to call in units and im looking at heavy tanks. then iw will be way harder to have al the manpower and feul to buy for example another isu or another tiger. that way the heavy tanks wil remain fairly limited on the field adding more flexabilatie for the opposing team when also late game thos call ins are almost spameble as i have alot of times 2 or 3 isu or tigers with kind a breaks the game for me.
20 Sep 2014, 08:34 AM

Absolutely not!

As much as some people hate to admit it, spam is a perfectly viable way to play that naturally exacerbates weaknesses for the opposing player to exploit. Creating artificial limitations only serves to limit variety.

There are a few minor cases where spamming a certain unit creates a critical mass effect where it's counters and weaknesses cease to exist, but these can be handled on a case to case basis and are usually caused by minor over-performances or poor design decisions.

Not only that, but your idea isn't even a good artificial limiter since it would penalize the USF for building multiple rifles even though they can't build anything else or penalize the multi-conscript start that has been a staple of soviets since the start of COH2.

I'm sorry, but this isn't a very good idea.
20 Sep 2014, 09:42 AM

Horrible idea is horrible.
20 Sep 2014, 11:05 AM

I don't like it too. Spam should be countered with anti-blob weapons. Sadly not all factions have such units in their army.

In case of penalizing blobing/spam I would prefer a exp % received penalty for units when another friendly units are too close. That won't solve anything, but at least will prevent early vet3 or vet5 blobs.
20 Sep 2014, 12:45 PM

Absolutely not!

As much as some people hate to admit it, spam is a perfectly viable way to play that naturally exacerbates weaknesses for the opposing player to exploit. Creating artificial limitations only serves to limit variety.

There are a few minor cases where spamming a certain unit creates a critical mass effect where it's counters and weaknesses cease to exist, but these can be handled on a case to case basis and are usually caused by minor over-performances or poor design decisions.

Not only that, but your idea isn't even a good artificial limiter since it would penalize the USF for building multiple rifles even though they can't build anything else or penalize the multi-conscript start that has been a staple of soviets since the start of COH2.

I'm sorry, but this isn't a very good idea.

They can build Rear-Echelon's, .50 MG teams, Officers (Cap, LT, Major), Paratroopers, Assault Engineers, Pathfinders, and Vehicle Crews (Elite Vehicle Crews).

A lot of these are doctrinal, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Not trying to advocate the OP's idea, just trying to say Americans have more than just Rifles.
20 Sep 2014, 12:59 PM
Patrion 14

Yeah, but apart from RE (which are completely useless) and AE (which is doctrinal), none of those can be build in the early game. You HAVE to get at least 3 riflemen before you can get something else. Meanwhile OKW gets 4 units to choose from, Wehrmacht 5, and Soviets 5 as well (either 3 from T1 or 3 from T2 + 2 from T0)
20 Sep 2014, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2014, 12:45 PMSierra

They can build Rear-Echelon's, .50 MG teams, Officers (Cap, LT, Major), Paratroopers, Assault Engineers, Pathfinders, and Vehicle Crews (Elite Vehicle Crews).

A lot of these are doctrinal, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

Not trying to advocate the OP's idea, just trying to say Americans have more than just Rifles.

vetlolcake 3.0
20 Sep 2014, 18:31 PM

You want to solve the spam problem with a spam solution?
22 Sep 2014, 17:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

this is already implemented anyway in the form of upkeep.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★