Login

russian armor

USF Abilities Questions

• This thread is locked
16 Sep 2014, 17:07 PM

Hello internet strangers,

I'm trying to learn to be pro at USF and I've got some questions about some abilities they have.

• Paratroopers have a ability that once activated, makes them more efficient in combat but they receive more damage? What is going on exactly when this ability is active? It feels a lot like 'For Mother Russia'.
  • What exactly is going on with the Captain's 'On Me' ability?
  • Is it still true that Paratroopers have passive heal at Vet 2? I'm seeing some mixed up threads about it.
  • Lieutenant and Captain do not provide a halo bonus of any sorts, do they?

Thanks mucho
16 Sep 2014, 17:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Not sure about the para ability, I haven't used it in a long time.

On Me! gives everything nearby some combat bonuses and breaks suppression, but also makes everything blob right up next to your captain including team weapons! Even AT guns. So be careful with it. It requires a lot of micro to immediately follow the ability up with proper positioning but it can be very powerful in conjunction with smoke etc.

Yes. They must be out of combat.

No, but they do receive bonus vet from nearby units. I have not tested standing next to a teammate's units though. The captain's supervise ability does work on teammate's base buildings.
16 Sep 2014, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 17:07 PMNapalm

• Paratroopers have a ability that once activated, makes them more efficient in combat but they receive more damage? What is going on exactly when this ability is active? It feels a lot like 'For Mother Russia'.

For 10 seconds, halves movement speed, increases accuracy by 50%. Increases received accuracy by 50%.

Also if not moving multiplies burst duration by 2.5 (increases thompson dps by another 40% or so, does nothing to the two carbines)

• What exactly is going on with the Captain's 'On Me' ability?

All infantry (unfortunately including weapon teams) in radius 45 will start moving to the location where captain was when ability triggered.

All units affected are immune to suppression for 4s, and gain 0.8 received accuracy, and 1.2 outgoing accuracy for 8s

• Is it still true that Paratroopers have passive heal at Vet 2? I'm seeing some mixed up threads about it.

Yes, while out of combat, same as high vet volks.

• Lieutenant and Captain do not provide a halo bonus of any sorts, do they?

No, but paratroopers receive some stat bonuses for having them on the field (1.2 accuracy for lieutenant, 0.5 armor for captain). The game only checks that you have the officers in your unit list so not an aura really.
16 Sep 2014, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
para ability slows enemy troops. and does more damage. its like an infrantry button.

cap on me ability will have all allied units next to him run to him. this will break all surpression. the cap will remain suppressed tho.
16 Sep 2014, 17:27 PM

1.) Thompson:
Deal 50% more damage, receive 50% more damage, move more slowly if I recall correctly. If you manage to actually flank / close the distance you can use this ability to maximize your damage output. Against any non close range unit it will improve the outcome of the fight.
M1919A6:
This one has a suppression fire if I recall correctly. Targets an enemy squad, fires faster (but slightly less accurate) at that and with suppression. Breaks if you issue move commands or press stop.

2.) Breaks suppression for all surrounding infantry units (that also includes non ATG / Howitzer support weapons!) and moves them towards the captain. Additionally it increases movespeed for all affected units for 4 seconds and makes them immune to suppression. Additionally to the additionally it also gives them 20% harder to hit and gives them 20% accuracy for 8 seconds. So in short, it's one of the strongest abilities ingame :p
3.) Yes, they still have it.
4.) Nope.
16 Sep 2014, 17:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMCruzz
No, but paratroopers receive some stat bonuses for having them on the field (1.2 accuracy for lieutenant, 0.5 armor for captain). The game only checks that you have the officers in your unit list so not an aura really.

Really?? That's a fun fact!
16 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM

It's a bug :p
16 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

It's a bug :p

Relic sure puts a lot of effort into their bugs :p
16 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMCruzz

wa wa WHAT!!!
16 Sep 2014, 17:47 PM

Thanks Cruzz and Romeo. Cruzz, your number crunching ability is something to be admired.
26 Aug 2022, 20:14 PM
Donator 22

are these para bonuses for LT and Capt still real?
26 Aug 2022, 22:03 PM

are these para bonuses for LT and Capt still real?

Name: "On Me!"
Duration: 8 Seconds
Cost: Free

Designated squad will retreat to the Captain and lose suppression.
The targeted infantry unit will have:
+20% accuracy.
-20% received accuracy.

Name: "Tactical Assault"
Duration: 10 Seconds
Cost: 20 Munitions
+150% burst length.
+50% accuracy.
+50% received accuracy.
Squad moves at reduced speed.
Lasts on retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest