Login

russian armor

LEIG - :(

14 Sep 2014, 00:21 AM

Permanently Banned
I was hoping this gun was actually made more effective or a lot cheaper. 430mp is a ridiculous cost for a gun that was nerfed heavily and has same effectiveness as OH mortar. :(.

EDIT:

I have use BOth OH Mortar and Leig for many times. Consistently, OH mortar will have more kill at end of game.

I propose following:

- Reduce cost: 340mp (Still cost 100mp or more than OH mortar - this should be reflected)
- AOE buff: 15-20% : Becomes viable option finally to counter rifle blobs rather than going stuka truck all the time
- very slight accuracy buff (5% more accurate)
- Reduce shell land time by 0.8-1.1 second at max range and proportion this over firing range distance. Currently takes far to long to land, easily dodged by sniper that can hear shell

This way it is actually worth buying this thing, and can be used to deplete maxim spammers or sniper spammers will have to micro more to avoid. 430 mp is a huge cost especially for OKW early game since they need all the infantry they can to counter rifles or maxims.

I believe this unit can finally be the early game counter that OKW needs. Just needs some changes to make it worth investing in. Cost and performace not good.

COnsidering US buy ambulance all the time and Sniper and maxim have good durability i dont think above changes will affect game too much (considering OH mortar is at least as effective atm as this unit)
14 Sep 2014, 01:03 AM

I think the unit is OK, but like the US Pack Howitzer it seems to have extremely variable performance from game to game. Sometimes, it'll only have 3 kills after 15 mins, but other times it wipes squads left and right. Generally though, I agree that it needs a cost reduction. Its slightly absurd that it costs more than the Soviet 120mm Mortar, given their respective capabilities. An AOE buff might be suitable as well, since unit should be built as a counter to weapon teams, but in my experience can take an awfully long time to force a Maxim squad to retreat.
14 Sep 2014, 11:40 AM

Permanently Banned
I think the unit is OK, but like the US Pack Howitzer it seems to have extremely variable performance from game to game. Sometimes, it'll only have 3 kills after 15 mins, but other times it wipes squads left and right. Generally though, I agree that it needs a cost reduction. Its slightly absurd that it costs more than the Soviet 120mm Mortar, given their respective capabilities. An AOE buff might be suitable as well, since unit should be built as a counter to weapon teams, but in my experience can take an awfully long time to force a Maxim squad to retreat.

This could finally be a viable counter to maxim and sniper but its cost prohibitive, not always accurate, shell landing time too long, and AOE too small.
14 Sep 2014, 13:57 PM
Donator 11

I agree, it needs a cost decrease and/or a significant buff.
14 Sep 2014, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
430mp is a ridiculous cost for a gun that was nerfed heavily

Somewhere, right now, a 75mm Pack Howitzer weeps solemnly.
14 Sep 2014, 16:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The Pack Howitzer can actually kill things since it has a larger AOE, kill radius for infantry being max at 1.5 versus the Leig's 1 and its kill radius gets even larger with HEAT.

If both units are on the field, the Pack Howitzer will likely outstrip the its German counter part in terms of kills.
14 Sep 2014, 18:33 PM

The Pack Howitzer can actually kill things since it has a larger AOE, kill radius for infantry being max at 1.5 versus the Leig's 1 and its kill radius gets even larger with HEAT.

If both units are on the field, the Pack Howitzer will likely outstrip the its German counter part in terms of kills.

Leig also can pen most allied armor off the bat and comes paired with the medic hq which can allow it to not have to worry too much about counter battery from mortar type weapons. Both weapons have things they are good at and both underperform for their high cost.

If I had to give them a cost for what they could do right now, I would say 360mp for the leig and 400mp for the pack.
14 Sep 2014, 18:44 PM

The unit is ok, but needs a little cost decrease. Not much, let's say 20-30 mp.
14 Sep 2014, 18:56 PM

The pack howitzer might be able to kill something at vet2. At vet0/1 I'd rather have the leig because it has lower scatter so it actually hits.

But the deciding thing here is that the pack howitzer gets oneshot by the stuka zu fuss, including the gun even if it was full health about half the time. It also costs 40mp per man to reinforce because relic is a bunch of trolls. The risk of losing the pack howitzer is an order of magnitude higher than the risk of losing a leig.
14 Sep 2014, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2014, 18:56 PMCruzz
The pack howitzer might be able to kill something at vet2. At vet0/1 I'd rather have the leig because it has lower scatter so it actually hits.

But the deciding thing here is that the pack howitzer gets oneshot by the stuka zu fuss, including the gun even if it was full health about half the time. It also costs 40mp per man to reinforce because relic is a bunch of trolls. The risk of losing the pack howitzer is an order of magnitude higher than the risk of losing a leig.

So, buff them both / reduce both costs?

They can do good damage sometimes but gnerally both play a small role. I rarely build either anymore.

I'd like to see lower damage but wider splash. 'Cos dem blobs, dey be comin'.

14 Sep 2014, 20:09 PM

Both howitzers cost too much compared to the effectiveness of basic mortars. I usually kill the crew of the pack howitzer and replace it with RE crewmen. Weapon crewmen are supposed to have cheap reinforcement costs. :/
14 Sep 2014, 20:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Only thing the pack howitzer needs is lower cost (400-440 somewhere there) and crew cost adjustment.

Le.Ig, maybe a slight AOE increase along with a cost decrease to below 120mm mortar level since I only really see it kill on direct hits. I'm honestly never impressed by them when I come under attack from its shells, but it may be because people, like with the pack howitzer, treat it like a mortar that can direct fire, rather than a direct-fire gun that can act like a mortar.

14 Sep 2014, 20:24 PM

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with the performance and the aesthetic of both of these weapons. Both cost way too much for basically being glorified mortars. The LeiG I find tends to have a bit more synergy with a defensive play style but both of them seem very random in terms of their output from game to game.

In terms of aesthetic, the explosion animation is very unsatisfying. The American Pak howitzer's HE rounds especially feel like I'm just firing exploding cheesy poofs or something as opposed to an artillery piece.

I'd like to see the cost of both brought down to something reasonable like 300-350mp and the explosion animation changed to that of the 81mm mortar for the LeiG and the 120mm mortar for the Pak (if that's even possible).

Also, what's up with the American Pak's gunner constantly screaming out the details of his every action? "Thinking about preparing to fire!"; "Prepare to fire!"; "Firing!"; "Shot out!"; "Enjoying watching the flight path of the round I just fired!" etc... He's like the Donald Trump of WWII... "FIRED!" "FIRED!" "FIRED!".
14 Sep 2014, 22:28 PM

Permanently Banned
I have use BOth OH Mortar and Leig for many times. Consistently, OH mortar will have more kill at end of game.

I propose following:

- Reduce cost: 340-360mp (Still cost 100mp more than OH mortar)
- AOE buff: 15-20%
- very slight accuracy buff (5% more accurate)
- Reduce shell land time by 0.8 second at max range and proportion this over firing range distance.

This way it is actually worth buying this thing, and can be used to deplete maxim spammers or sniper spammers will have to micro more to avoid. 430 mp is a huge cost especially for OKW early game since they need all the infantry they can to counter rifles or maxims.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64
unknown 21
United States 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak