Login

russian armor

A historical comparison in the Game

PAGES (7)down
13 Sep 2014, 19:05 PM

This Game is based on the 1944's in the WW2
And Relic has the Claim of Historical Accurazy

1. If u click on a Conscript a Text is coming up: "Cheap Infantry" - Yes, Volksgrenadiers are cheaper and more effective. They can Reach Vet 5 and get a effective Panzerschreck (Which is more effective than 1 or 2 Bazookas)
- Grenadiers of Ostheer has the Same Price and u can forget Conscripts in the Lategame!

2. Panzers: In Team Games the Reality is that u have really hard Problems to Face German Panzers cause there are Existing great German Combination Tactics which can destroy the Allied Factions very good. Elephant/Jagdtiger+Panthers or Tigers are a really hard Steel to Break. Where are the Soviet Mass Tanks? U cant set up the Soviet Masses because the German can make a dangerous defense line with PAK's (At Gun's) which shoots very, very fast! Especially u have Vet or buffed them to the Ground. Where are the t34/76 t34/85 masses?? 40k Produced in ww2 !!!

3. Why has the Germans more Artillery in the 1944 (They never had so much Artillery like the Russians) but even this is Fact: The Russian has no Artillery Strikes in his Doctrines. Only the weak Fire Artillery which isnt so much effective.
German Ostheer alone has more than 4 or 5 or 6 Commanders which Artillery Strikes.
- Okw too!

4. The Artillery of some German Commanders are insane!!! "Artillery on Target" or the Famous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXe2az0FuDk (Close the Pocket) it has been tested for 1 Year and it's op as u can see.

5. Air Superiority: The Soviets only have not very effective Air Strikes (IL2 has Flares and needs very long to coming on the Target. Every Target can flee and it's very expensive)

6. Why can German Artillery pieces Shoots without a great reload Time? (Its very short!!!!) if the Russian had much more Artillery??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FbGuImTCE

Dont come with "Assymetric Balance" and "The Game isnt Realistic!!!"

Yeah if this is true, then why: Is MG42 Realistic? German Tanks Realistic stronger? German Infantrie stronger? :D

Stug can kill T34 and its Cheaper
Panzer IV will beat t34 (Realistic)
Panther will kill t34/76 and 85 (Realistic) Panther can possibil kill an IS2 if he has Vet.

etc pp.
13 Sep 2014, 19:10 PM

Addition: Why is only German allowed to have very strong Things like 'Close the Pocket' ? The German Players would whine very fast if this would be so! (Experience in CoH2 Forums!) they really give up very fast and are dissapointed then! (Read the older Threads in Forum) its very childlike

Addition 2: When historical Accuracy isnt given in the Game why it is/should be the complete Opposite? ;-)
13 Sep 2014, 19:13 PM

Und ich bin ein Deutschsprachiger Spieler, ich strebe nur nach Gerechtigkeit in diesem Game.

And i am a German Speaking Gamer, i only want justice.
13 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM
Patrion 14

Gameplay > realism...
13 Sep 2014, 19:19 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

So you play US Forces and Soviets in team games together and are talking about historical accuracy at the same time.
13 Sep 2014, 19:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

First, thanks for the translation! :) That saves us all some grief :)

Second, this is a game. And (whether you, or I, or others like it), the game takes precedence over historical reality.

Third, I will you bet you 50 Euros that "Close the Pocket" will be nerfed within one month. i.e. if it is nerfed, however slightly, you give me 50 Euros ;)
13 Sep 2014, 19:32 PM

In a gameplay perspective, some things cannot be absolutely tied to reality (although some things in this game are wildly inaccurate).

Having a good compromise between what is fair, fun, and historical is great and should be pursued. However i think this game needs o be more closer to reality (just my opinion)
13 Sep 2014, 19:46 PM

So.. in conclusion, why arent the germans squads of 1 guy vs my squads of 20 guys?
13 Sep 2014, 19:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 19:32 PMNinjaWJ
In a gameplay perspective, some things cannot be absolutely tied to reality (although some things in this game are wildly inaccurate).

Having a good compromise between what is fair, fun, and historical is great and should be pursued. However i think this game needs o be more closer to reality (just my opinion)

Which almost inevitably leads to the question: is CoH2 sufficiently immersive to overcome the jump from reality to fiction?

Voice acting plays a smaller, but still significant part (IMO)....and does not cut it in CoH2.. (apart from the US army). In fact, I would hazard that the OF voice acting was pretty good - and maybe the Commonwealth was the best so far - such a shame that the Commonwealth Army itself was so broken.
13 Sep 2014, 20:00 PM

1. Conscripts are great macro dependent unit, if you compare all units in the game they are the only inf that has basic 4 unique abilities. With some commanders that number increase to 5-6. However it requires great skill to utilize its full potential. They where shit before but now I think we will see them more often.

2. The main problem of the Soviet is the tech part, so it is much more better for Soviet player to wait for call ins then to tech up. Why would I wait to produce 2-3 34/75 when I can sit on my hands and get 2 34/85 for price of one?

Moreover do you remember the time of soviet KV-2 commander that upon his release it could produce building in 1sec, and osteer will see T-70 under 5min. You think that is balance? Be careful what you wish.

3. Soviet does not have too much artillery that is true, but almost every unit Soviet have can use some form of barage. ZiS, Su-76 (too high in the tier, but barage ability is great), ISU-152 (monster), 120mm mortar (my favorit). But you can not say that flaming artillery strike is useless. It is one of the best and most used abilities in the Soviet arsenal, great unit against static units, point denials and inf in general.

4. Close the pocket will be nerfed that is for sure, mainly of the community that sow one video and now are screaming all over the forums. But in order to activate it you need to make some prerequisites. Also the full effect of the ability are visible on big games 4v4 and only on some maps not all. Be sure you will not see that ability in 1v1 or 2v2.

5.So you think that Soviets have weak air support?

Lets compare similar abilities from Osteer and Soviets.

IL2 Bombing Run - Good against everything that is slow or static, or catch of guard. Ideal for disabled heavies.

IL2 Strafing run - Obliterates every infantry that is not retreating, also we can consider it point denial. Even can do small dmg to the vehicles.

IL2 small bombs - Covers the huge area, other than that I didn't see or try.

Osteer

Stuka Bomb drop - Doesnt have flare, followed by the loud recognizable sound, if doesn't make direct hit on vehicle it will not destroy it.

Stuka strafing run - Denies infantry movement but does not make huge damage.

Stuka AI bomb run - Can not remember the name, good against inf, small arc of effect, does not deal any dmg to the tanks but does the crew shock.

So, this is the small coverage of AIR call ins. If you ask me I will always choose IL2 Strafing run over all of them here, that thing is just amazing.

I know this will not change your mind, but I urge you try to play some games as osteer or OKW and see for yourself.

13 Sep 2014, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I Wouldnt like a realistic game. but if germans can have all these "rare" units. Y they hell cant usf have a pershing. and Calliope

TBH. Allies should have very strong artillery options. This will cause okw player to think about where they place their buildings.

I think the game need to be different depending on the game mode.

1v1 and 2v2 should remain the same

3v3 and 4v4 call-ins need to be tied to tech. the game will run at a better pace.

u wont see t70 then a magical is-2 appear. or a luchs then a KT or JT appears.

It NEEDS to be gradually. During a game you will see all units Light,Med,Heavy,Super-Heavy.
13 Sep 2014, 20:26 PM

I Wouldnt like a realistic game. but if germans can have all these "rare" units. Y they hell cant usf have a pershing. and Calliope

TBH. Allies should have very strong artillery options. This will cause okw player to think about where they place their buildings.

I think the game need to be different depending on the game mode.

1v1 and 2v2 should remain the same

3v3 and 4v4 call-ins need to be tied to tech. the game will run at a better pace.

u wont see t70 then a magical is-2 appear. or a luchs then a KT or JT appears.

It NEEDS to be gradually. During a game you will see all units Light,Med,Heavy,Super-Heavy.

Them not getting a Pershing doesn't have anything to do with them being rare. It has to do with faction design.
13 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

This has nothing, utterly nothing to do with balance. This is a thread about the DESIGN of the factions.

As a reply to your ramblings: It's a game. If Ostheer is more appealing to you because it has more artillery / airstrikes, why don't you play as them? I wouldn't look for "nationality" or "faction" to choose what I play as, but simply the faction I enjoy most. They are designed very differently in this game, but each faction has it's strengths and weaknesses.
13 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

also i dont think either side could set up forward bases and buildings in like 20 seconds.

they should definitely add more realism, for instance building a building should take all day. And you ought to need 3-4 squads of engineers minimum.
13 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM

Permanently Banned

Them not getting a Pershing doesn't have anything to do with them being rare. It has to do with faction design.

Then y can okw call-in dual p4's. Relic said they are not designed around medium tanks.

This faction design argument makes no sense to me
13 Sep 2014, 21:09 PM

Then y can okw call-in dual p4's. Relic said they are not designed around medium tanks.

This faction design argument makes no sense to me

They aren't designed around generalist units, not medium tanks.

The USF are designed around having mobile but lightly armored and armed units. They make up for not having any heavy tanks by being able to get out of their tanks and repair them on the spot, which makes them more easy to preserve. And also vehicle crews that can repair a Pershing would not go well together at all, I think that would be OP as hell.
13 Sep 2014, 21:25 PM

I stopped viewing this game as any history reference at all. For me Soviets are just Warhammer 40 000 Orkz, that ride of Soviet vehicles and disguise themselves as humans. :)
13 Sep 2014, 22:49 PM

Permanently Banned

They aren't designed around generalist units, not medium tanks.

The USF are designed around having mobile but lightly armored and armed units. They make up for not having any heavy tanks by being able to get out of their tanks and repair them on the spot, which makes them more easy to preserve. And also vehicle crews that can repair a Pershing would not go well together at all, I think that would be OP as hell.

It can be balanced in..

disable crew for pershing.
13 Sep 2014, 22:58 PM

USA are designed to be a boring faction with only 1 Option vs Heavys: Jackson, Jackson and Jacksons. Did i already mention jacksons?
14 Sep 2014, 05:08 AM

This game has nothing to do with realism. It's a realtime strategy/tactics game that uses WW2 as a background for it's design.
It keeps the most basic things 'realistic', like a Tiger being better than a T34, to keep immersion but even steps out of that for several units, as a MG 42 suppresses slower than a Maxim, although the rate of fire of the MG42 was unmatched.

So as you have noticed the soviet faction is supposed to be designed as call in heavy: Nearly every doctrine provides you with call ins, while the German doctrines usually offer you off map strikes to support your strong core army.

If you want a realistic WW2 game play

However fun ≠ realism
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment