Login

russian armor

Free for all weapon racks (americans)

13 Sep 2014, 07:29 AM

Shocks with 1919, you gonna be serious?
13 Sep 2014, 07:42 AM

they is no balance in team games I gues. it can also make american lease bad in 2vs2.
I don´t think allies will be uber OP in team games if soviet can pick up 1 american weapen from ranks.
Win-Lose-Ratio from time span 27.8 - 7.9.2014.
Notice that numbers are rounded to 3 decimals and data is collect from top 200 players.

- Soviet OKW US Ostheer
2vs2 0.612 0.755 0.566 0.683
3vs3 0.563 0.821 0.547 0.737
4vs4 0.543 0.854 0.576 0.832

Allowing units that were never meant to receive weapon upgrades to purchase weapon upgrades because they are partnered with a USF player is simply unbalancing. The soviet army is designed to play a specific way. Their tech, units, and commanders take into account (or at least should) the lack of upgradable infantry. This is how they are balanced. When you introduce weapon upgrades into the mix the entire balance of the faction gets thrown out of order. Having access to bazookas alone would completely change soviet early game by giving them reasonably good infantry based AT. Even if it could be balanced somehow it would require balancing for two different scenarios; those in which soviets have access to weapon upgrades and those times they don't. I agree that team games, particularly 3v3 and up, need better balance but conscripts with bars or bazookas is not the way to fix it.
13 Sep 2014, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 07:42 AMCabreza

Allowing units that were never meant to receive weapon upgrades to purchase weapon upgrades because they are partnered with a USF player is simply unbalancing. The soviet army is designed to play a specific way. Their tech, units, and commanders take into account (or at least should) the lack of upgradable infantry. This is how they are balanced. When you introduce weapon upgrades into the mix the entire balance of the faction gets thrown out of order. Having access to bazookas alone would completely change soviet early game by giving them reasonably good infantry based AT. Even if it could be balanced somehow it would require balancing for two different scenarios; those in which soviets have access to weapon upgrades and those times they don't. I agree that team games, particularly 3v3 and up, need better balance but conscripts with bars or bazookas is not the way to fix it.
+1
13 Sep 2014, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 23:56 PMCabreza
No, sorry but shared weapon racks would destroy balance in team games.

What balance in team games?
Caches, supply drops and well before that opels, coupled with inequality in late game already destroyed balance long time ago.
13 Sep 2014, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 07:29 AMPorygon
Shocks with 1919, you gonna be serious?
That would actually hinder them rather then help. M1919 aren't good in close range and can't fire on the move. You would just end up lowering their close range damege while still having sub par long range since the PPSHs wouldn't be supplementing them that far away.

Now, bars might actually make them stronger.
13 Sep 2014, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 08:59 AMKatitof

What balance in team games?
Caches, supply drops and well before that opels, coupled with inequality in late game already destroyed balance long time ago.

I can't say that team games were ever perfectly balanced, but they were done so reasonably well. I had about an equal win % with soviet and Ost before WFA, but in the last 2 patches im winning ~95% of team games with axis but under 60% with the allies its gone from ok balance to a complete joke(this is in random teams)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS