Login

russian armor

Need information on concripts

12 Sep 2014, 05:44 AM

I'm just wondering how the new Russian tank hunter tactics PTRS upgrade affects the conscripts infantry fighting capacity. Does it increase? diminish? do they get better at long range and worse at short?

Any help would be appreciated

12 Sep 2014, 05:52 AM

Fighting ability against armor increases, they can now take down a halftruck if they are lucky!

Obviously they become absolutely terrible against infantry as any infantry will a-move over them.
12 Sep 2014, 06:30 AM

That makes the commander significantly less attractive.
12 Sep 2014, 06:30 AM

Yeah, you can waste your money in a commander to kill kubels.
12 Sep 2014, 07:22 AM

Its an AT upgrade that reduces AI slightly.

And overall this is inline with Relics design choices in the last patch, where they specify they want handheld AT to have less effect vs AI.
12 Sep 2014, 07:36 AM

Its an AT upgrade that reduces AI slightly.

And overall this is inline with Relics design choices in the last patch, where they specify they want handheld AT to have less effect vs AI.

33% is slightly? Volks effectively lose nothing with their schrek because the schrek still kills infantry.

If they wanted to remove the AI capability of shreks and zookas, the only thing they would have to do is set their aoe to 0 like on the ptrs. That way the only way they ever kill a model is on a direct hit once in a blue moon. This would not affect anti-tank performance at all.

No, the scatter and accuracy were purely anti-tank nerfs, not anti-infantry ones even if the scatter change ends up reducing their average performance by a bit.
12 Sep 2014, 08:59 AM

Isn't PTRS rifle working a bit like a sniper rifle one shooting models with each shot? I know Guards was doing this on regular basis.
That's just an observation, I might be wrong here, hence the question.
12 Sep 2014, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 07:36 AMCruzz
If they wanted to remove the AI capability of shreks and zookas, the only thing they would have to do is set their aoe to 0 like on the ptrs.

Go ahead and tell Relic that instead of getting your panties in a jumble at me.

As I said, the patchnotes explicitly state they want to reduce the AI efficacy of handheld AT, and they did exactly that in this patch.
12 Sep 2014, 09:16 AM

Isn't PTRS rifle working a bit like a sniper rifle one shooting models with each shot? I know Guards was doing this on regular basis.

PTRS rifles never killed models in 1 shot, as they only do 40 damage.

PTRS rifles have extremely low accuracy (0.05 near, 0.025 at max) because normally they hit vehicles with big target sizes. Against infantry, with the target size of 1 and accuracy lowering mechanisms such as cover or received accuracy modifiers, the PTRS will not really do anything at all except for the rare lucky hit.

Upgrading your conscripts with PTRS rifles is, in my opinion, a waste of munitions and manpower. You lose effectively ~30-33% of your anti-infantry DPS for what? The ability to be a threat to scout cars? Big deal. It's good in theory against OKW and their light vehicles, but the doctrine lacks any form of AI units or call in tanks so they can just make some Obersoldaten, Panzerfussiliers or JLI and you will have nothing to stop them.
12 Sep 2014, 09:29 AM

PTRS rifles never killed models in 1 shot, as they only do 40 damage.

PTRS rifles have extremely low accuracy (0.05 near, 0.025 at max) because normally they hit vehicles with big target sizes. Against infantry, with the target size of 1 and accuracy lowering mechanisms such as cover or received accuracy modifiers, the PTRS will not really do anything at all except for the rare lucky hit.

Upgrading your conscripts with PTRS rifles is, in my opinion, a waste of munitions and manpower. You lose effectively ~30-33% of your anti-infantry DPS for what? The ability to be a threat to scout cars? Big deal. It's good in theory against OKW and their light vehicles, but the doctrine lacks any form of AI units or call in tanks so they can just make some Obersoldaten, Panzerfussiliers or JLI and you will have nothing to stop them.

That it misses doesnt mean it will not hit the guy standing next to him. but yeah still pretty whimsical to call it an ai weapon. but nothing is sweeter then killing 4 rifleman with 1 shrek missile.
12 Sep 2014, 15:29 PM

I'm still surprised that it doesn't improve their combat effectiveness, PTRS are more like a rifle then an AT gun. And it giving conscripts better late game viability would fix a common complaint.
12 Sep 2014, 15:35 PM

No, it works like AT gun with no AoE.
There is a sliver of a chance that it will directly hit a model and even of it will, it does only 40 damage.
12 Sep 2014, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

The PTRS-rifles are such poor AT, I don't see why they couldn't act as AI as well. Perhaps as simply rifles with slow rate-of-fire and inability to fire on the move?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★