Login

russian armor

Russian IL2 bombing strike ineffective and slow

13 Sep 2014, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 12:12 PMGreeb

Even so, it's much easier to notice 4 red flares pinpointing the exact landing zone that an high pitched sound that roughly indicates that a bomb is coming.

If you are convinced that stuka dive bomb sound is as noticeable as the flares, then I don't know why are you arguing. Just support IL-2 Bomb Strike having the same sound warning since you think that it doesn't gives any advantage in relation to flares.

Well? IL2 can almost kill a heavy tank, lets not talk about mediums, it must have any weakness dont you think?

@Steiner, dude, go to your cave, let olders argue XD
13 Sep 2014, 13:04 PM

Well, this thing oneshots pak43s and howitzres. So that's a thing.

Also, i'm fairly sure it is still possible to land it if you button a tank, altho it's not as easy now, if a heavy drives over a mine it's also i think possible to land it.
13 Sep 2014, 13:07 PM

Well? IL2 can almost kill a heavy tank, lets not talk about mediums, it must have any weakness dont you think?

That's if it could hit any moving target, which currently it can't.
Maybe it could destroy a slow tank with heavy damage engine, but even in that case I think it could get away in a big map.

13 Sep 2014, 13:10 PM

**Sorry double post**

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 13:04 PMBurts
Well, this thing oneshots pak43s and howitzres. So that's a thing.

It's probably their only use, destroying Pak43 and OKW trucks. But the commanders where IL-2 Bomb Strike is placed suggests a anti-armor use which now is unable to do.

i'm fairly sure it is still possible to land it if you button a tank

Not since button nerf. Plenty of times it can still safely get away.
That's to unreliable for a 200 ammo + button ammo waste.

if a heavy drives over a mine it's also i think possible to land it.

It depends on the engine damage and map size/distance to soviet base. In bigger maps like the ones for 3vs3/4vs4 modes it can still safely go away.
13 Sep 2014, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 13:07 PMGreeb

That's if it could hit any moving target, which currently it can't.
Maybe it could destroy a slow tank with heavy damage engine, but even in that case I think it could get away in a big map.

And what kind of bombing run can kill a moving target?

Stuka diving bomb? Cant
Stuka bombing run? Cant
IL2 bombing run? Cant

[Stuka smoke run comes also too late]

The only possible solution, lure enemy tanks to the edge of the map, and call the IL2, it will work wonders :nahnah:
13 Sep 2014, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 13:10 PMGreeb
**Sorry double post**

It's probably their only use, destroying Pak43 and OKW trucks. But the commanders where IL-2 Bomb Strike is placed suggests a anti-armor use which now is unable to do.

Not since button nerf. Plenty of times it can still safely get away.
That's to unreliable for a 200 ammo + button ammo waste.

It depends on the engine damage and map size/distance to soviet base. In bigger maps like the ones for 3vs3/4vs4 modes it can still safely go away.

Well, engine damage pretty much halves the speed, which means it applies a 0.5 modifier to the tank.

Button applies a 0.33 modifier to tanks. Not to mention it also decreased acceralation and what not, i still think it's possible for the IL-2 bombing run to come in time.
13 Sep 2014, 13:23 PM

The only possible solution, lure enemy tanks to the edge of the map, and call the IL2, it will work wonders :nahnah:

I think my IQ just went down from reading this comment.
13 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 13:23 PMJ1N6666

I think my IQ just went down from reading this comment.

From 40 to 15? I think you had it low enough, sorry XD
13 Sep 2014, 13:31 PM

Stuka diving bomb? Cant
Stuka bombing run? Cant
IL2 bombing run? Cant

What I'm telling is not changing the bombing run at all. Just making the flares a bit less evident.
Instead of 4 flares and the landing zone being in the middle, just light ONE flare placed randomly in one point close to the designated bombing zone.

The plane will come as slowly as always, but at least the enemy player won't know exactly on which direction move to avoid the bombing strike, although he will have a rough idea of where the bombs are going to explode.

And yes, the same should be applied to Stuka Bombing Run.
13 Sep 2014, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 13:31 PMGreeb

What I'm telling is not changing the bombing run at all. Just making the flares a bit less evident.
Instead of 4 flares and the landing zone being in the middle, just light ONE flare placed randomly in one point close to the designated bombing zone.

The plane will come as slowly as always, but at least the enemy player won't know exactly on which direction move to avoid the bombing strike, although he will have a rough idea of where the bombs are going to explode.

And yes, the same should be applied to Stuka Bombing Run.

how about no. we dont need fucking i win buttons period.
13 Sep 2014, 14:48 PM

Stuka diving bomb? Cant
Stuka bombing run? Cant
IL2 bombing run? Cant

So you would be fine if IL-2 got cost reduction to 180 as well?
13 Sep 2014, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 14:09 PMJaigen

You fucking could fucking write fucking with fucking some fucking manners.

If you don't like the idea you can tell it without being a douche.

By the way, that would affect both airplane bomb strikes, both allied as axis. That way maybe planes can hit something that moves, like in the real war.
13 Sep 2014, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 14:48 PMKatitof

So you would be fine if IL-2 got cost reduction to 180 as well?

?? And same stats as Stuka bombing run? I dont care, but who wants symmetrical balance anyways?
13 Sep 2014, 15:36 PM

?? And same stats as Stuka bombing run? I dont care, but who wants symmetrical balance anyways?

And who said anything about the stats?

You know exactly where it will land and have much longer time to avoid it, because plane is slow, bombs take good 5 secs from plane to the ground.

Its inferior enough in everything but a damage(that is still spread over the area and since its impossible to lock armor in place anymore) to warrant lower cost.
13 Sep 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 15:36 PMKatitof

You know exactly where it will land and have much longer time to avoid it, because plane is slow, bombs take good 5 secs from plane to the ground.

Its inferior enough in everything but a damage(that is still spread over the area and since its impossible to lock armor in place anymore) to warrant lower cost.

I havent seen many games where people use it to kill tanks (only the typical motor break-jagdtiger), only static crap, so I..wouldnt care if it cost 180 I think
13 Sep 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 12:45 PMGreeb

I don't know you, but I don't hear the bomb until the second 00:17, and the bombs hits at 00:22.
That's 5 effective seconds to retreat, not enough for support units as you can see.

Meanwhile...

:facepalm:

Why is Stuka dive bomb strong as IL2 bombing strike and cheaper/faster/has no flares???
I thought Russians had Air Superiority in the 1944 ? And why is it more expensive then? >:(
13 Sep 2014, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 15:36 PMKatitof

Don't say its impossible, there are still things that can keep something in place.
Ram will stun it at the very least. Mines can damage or sometimes destroy engine,
And you can still block it with running a car or something behind the tank so it can't retreat.

But on topic: a cost reduction to 180 shouldn't hurt but if they do that they need to fix the insta dropping on the sides of the map. In fact it should be considered a borderline bug that plane based offmaps don't arrive at consistent rates.
13 Sep 2014, 18:37 PM

Why is Stuka dive bomb strong as IL2 bombing strike and cheaper/faster/has no flares???
I thought Russians had Air Superiority in the 1944 ? And why is it more expensive then? >:(

Because this game loves to fuck history in the ass
13 Sep 2014, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 14:09 PMJaigen

it is not an IWIN button. Right now it is way too predictable with its bright flares and slow time on arrival. Sure it can do heavy damage, but only to people who are not paying attention to their units.
13 Sep 2014, 22:49 PM
Donator 22

IL-2 does much more damage dude btw
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
United States 10
Russian Federation 6
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L